1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh wow the site was crashing like crazy, not even 2 hours it go waitlist.... hope everything goes through for everyone that made purchase before waitlist. knock on wood. Man for all the *****kers out there jacking up the price before, eat *****

Well those who spent money on the coupons sorry but I understand it’s the security more. But I said it’d be up on SS.

I didn't expect it to wait list so quick, wow, oh well glad i got my order in last week, can't wait for it and the display deal i ordered from eBay. One of the most interesting iron man armors to be released in my humble opinion :) Hope everyone who wanted one was able to get one

I got the text and email from SSC that this was up for preorder at 3:16, I logged in at 3:45 and it was already waitlisted. Either I wasn’t quick enough or SSC sent out the text messages and emails pretty late.

Didn't someone say they talked to a Sideshow employee at NYCC who said Sideshow got 2000 of these? Is that a lot when it comes to Iron Man runs or is it minimal? One thing I'd suggest is that it would have attracted Tron fans who aren't otherwise Iron Man collectors.

I got the text and email from SSC that this was up for preorder at 3:16, I logged in at 3:45 and it was already waitlisted. Either I wasn’t quick enough or SSC sent out the text messages and emails pretty late.

seemed to be sold out right around 2:20 mst- got mine 20 min before they were gone, once the site actually started responding sold out in less than an hour once it was listed

Myself and one of my co-workers both didn't receive a text message at all...

no text here either, I just knew it would be up between 1 and 4pm mst soo constantly refreshed the site until it was up. did get the email early enough though

I got the email but no text. At least the email came through. Took 40 minutes of reloading but I got one. Went on chat just after 2pm and got them to adjust it to the payment plan. Couldn't do it with the multiple attempts at first so I just made sure I got one. It's all good now.

Received emails at 12:30, 12:40, and 1:10 PST. Didn’t receive texts even though I specifically signed up for them. I was trying to get one from 12:30 onwards and my order went through around 1:00. So yeah, first 30 minutes were a cluster, then once technical issues were fixed it seems to have sold out in 30 minutes? Crazy

Didn't someone say they talked to a Sideshow employee at NYCC who said Sideshow got 2000 of these? Is that a lot when it comes to Iron Man runs or is it minimal? One thing I'd suggest is that it would have attracted Tron fans who aren't otherwise Iron Man collectors.

I highly doubt that number for several reasons.

1. HT is notorious about not releasing run numbers for their products. Those numbers might come out from time to time on limited items. In past threads, people speculated that they sometimes make between 500 to 4000 per figure, depending on perceived popularity and demand.

2. This figure in particular was not originally slated to be released in the States. Like the Copper Chrome Stormtrooper, HT does have a history of releasing limited variants of figures in a single market.

3. I do kind of believe that HT either had enough of this variant left over to sell to Sideshow, had a change of heart last minute to release it to SS, or it was the plan all along but they truly only wanted to release a few figures.

At the end of the day, most SS employees at the show wouldn’t necessarily know the quantities their warehouse is receiving. Plus, they could’ve meant they have a ton of codes to hand out but also knew everyone who received a code wouldn’t necessarily buy the figure.

I got 3 e-mails and no texts, lol. I did already have it ordered from a code during NYCC so it didn't matter that I didn't get the text, but that's kinda messed up that they didn't get sent.

I found they sent them out in chronological order meaning, I entered my email into the RSVP 3 different times over the few days in case I missed out and 3 separate emails came at different time today.
You might have received it late so by the time you logged in, it was already out for pre-order a good 20 minutes.

I am actually thrilled that SS ended up getting this. I thought if I wanted it, I might have to pay $700 + for it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry of you got on the WL today. Your order will most likely convert tomorrow. Sideshow is just playing safe.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't find it.......what type of blacklight set-up are people using to display this bad boy? I'd love some suggestions.

Back