1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest draw to me is that this figure is in the Mark IV Diecast mold. I think the Mark IV is Hot Toys best work so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. And for me I love the design/colorscheme. I love Iron Man and I love Tron, so I'm super happy I got to pre-order one.

Seems incomplete without the arc reactor, it's the whole point of the suit. If it had one i would pick it up

Not really applicable to this current thread discussion but this was the only place I remember it being mentioned before before, the Supermc Toys "Nano Combat Suit" shipped and actually did end up coming with the arc- you just have to apply it yourself. Also included some hand sleeves to give the jacket the thumb holes look. Put it on a cheap loose body and unpainted head I had close at hand just to check it out, still need to order proper body to use with this suit. Came out nice!

U6Ny47T.jpg

Glued a thin neodymium magnet from my pile on the back of the arc and put another magnet behind the shirt. Works alright for a quick fix

iMyiN2S.jpg

I bought into the hype and picked up a code off ebay. I don't have time for the twitter games. I think it will look very cool on display. It would have been so much cooler though if it had been light up and had color change functionality. I probably would have picked up 2 or 3.

I was about to post this after receiving the email. I’m fortunate to had randomly watching their stream live last week and caught a code. I fell head over heels over this variant and not a stickler about something being either true to comics or true to the films. I like artist variants and understand that they won’t be for everyone. Still wish I was collecting when the Tron figures and light cycle were released.

I know some people are quick to change their mind but that’s true for a lot of figures. Those who probably changed their mind about the Neon IM may be individuals who got caught in the hype but didn’t want the figure simply because they liked it. I don’t show off my entire collection that often and I focus only on what I love.

Good luck to those who are going for this figure.

Sounds like these will be very easy to pickup on the secondary market too, i wonder if this was an experiment on creating hype, the prices on ebay were around $650 to $700 for awhile, but not any more :):) I never buy figures for mark up, every once in awhile i have one that is worth more than what i paid but its rare these days, and if you sell on ebay fees and shipping kills it usually. Great though that everyone who wants this very unique iron man will be able to get one :)

So anyone know if we get to pre-order this when it's available, will they charge a NRD or the full thing upfront straight away?

So anyone know if we get to pre-order this when it's available, will they charge a NRD or the full thing upfront straight away?

Sideshow posted that it will be up for pre-order on the 11th (look back a page here). And I have it pre-ordered from a code and they only charged the NRD so far.

They won't charge until it's ready to ship. I put mine on flex just to pay it off some before it ships (i'll switch to full pay when they get it in stock) and my 1st flex charged today.

They won't charge until it's ready to ship. I put mine on flex just to pay it off some before it ships (i'll switch to full pay when they get it in stock) and my 1st flex charged today.

Same thing to me

Sideshow posted that it will be up for pre-order on the 11th (look back a page here). And I have it pre-ordered from a code and they only charged the NRD so far.

Thanks am really glad so far that I didn't pay secondary prices on eBay/ Timcent.

I hope it ships soon, very excited for this figure, can't wait to bask in all its neon glory! :):)

Back