1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Sideshow for putting money in the pockets of eBay sellers who did what you said and went to the convention and got one of your stupid codes!

:welcome1::blissy:welcome1:

Attachments

• 20181007_103855.jpg
    20181007_103855.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
Yea i thought it was funny that them posting that on instagram basically insured a lot more people would be selling the codes on ebay:) This whole roll out was really strange and ill conceived, but oh well, the fun world of high end action figures :):)

it actually seems like a good marketing tactic. i think they're manufacturing some artificial demand.

I'm sure this won't be a popular statement, but it isn't Sideshows fault that opportunists chose to profit off their marketing plan. I'm not saying I liked how they did it, but the blame goes to NYCC attendees, collectors just like us. Possibly even some on this board. I think we forget that SS and HT are businesses who's focus is to make money. They only care so much about us. $$$$$$$$

If their focus is to make money then just put it on the site and sell it. I think they’re making it seem so special because the price is so much higher for a plastic Ironman that should go for much less than it is. The price is crazy, but instead of having customers complaining about it we’ll make it seem special and only available at the comic con, and only with a code that we’ll hand out during the show. Make something expensive look special and everyone will want it. I don’t know why they never thought about the eBay opportunity.

I think they’re making it seem so special because the price is so much higher for a plastic Ironman that should go for much less than it is.

It's a diecast figure, but might as well have been all plastic. the figure looks so bland in hand. all the details are muted by the paint scheme. looks great under black light, but no so good without it.

If their focus is to make money then just put it on the site and sell it. I think they’re making it seem so special because the price is so much higher for a plastic Ironman that should go for much less than it is. The price is crazy, but instead of having customers complaining about it we’ll make it seem special and only available at the comic con, and only with a code that we’ll hand out during the show. Make something expensive look special and everyone will want it. I don’t know why they never thought about the eBay opportunity.
Through 3 days, there were less than 100 codes sold on Ebay. I bet many cards handed out were tossed on the trash. I personally think we're making a bigger deal out of it than we should. But that's my take and everyone else is entitled to their own opinion too. I'm not begrudging anyone for how they feel. And I still think it will end up available on their site for all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Was able to order this last night with a $11 code from eBay. I have an uneven work schedule so that was the main motivator. Also used some reward points to lessen the blow.

It's a diecast figure, but might as well have been all plastic. the figure looks so bland in hand. all the details are muted by the paint scheme. looks great under black light, but no so good without it.

It's only about 30% (give or take) diecast, it's still mostly plastic.

It's only about 30% (give or take) diecast, it's still mostly plastic.

As is the case with all hot toys die cast iron Man. My point was this was part of the diecast line, not plastic like the other postervseemed to indicate. and the price reflects that. I personally think this is not worth the diecast premium, much less the con exclusive premium. But it seems to be worth all of that in addition to the extra cost for a code for many here.

Plenty of $25 codes on ebay.
Just got one and ordered. Big FU goes out to Sideshow - You can keep your Live-Feed, Insta, Twatter, and the rest of the Anti-Social media .

I have literally zero interest in this figure but I completely agree with you. Sideshow has been trying super hard to make this hobby obnoxious. Between stuff like this, their continued price gouging on shipping, and their recent push going after custom stuff they can go sit on a cactus.

HT is complicit too. I’m sure it ain’t just SS, though you’d think they’d know better what type of will this shows to collectors. Hopefully when they get back to Thousand Oaks we’LL see a regular order.

Back