1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - Neon Tech Iron Man Mark IV Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just at the san jose toy expo, one seller had this for $1200! granted he did say it came with a hall of armor, but wow... It was opened to display too so i'm not sure if he had more or just the one... but $1200 for an opened one... i mentioned i heard its going up for preorder next week in nycc, but he said unlikely anybody would get one and it wasn't for sure... he also had a goggle glass on so he was probably way more sophisticated than me :):)

I hope its also like Anakin... hot toys has sent things back into production before... The first han and chewie set was going for $700 + till they re released it... and i'm sure there was a few others, so its not unheard of, it was very cool in person, so if i can get one for reasonable price i'll jump... either way i bet prices wil go down or I can pickup a used one later... but maybe not... still tripping on how much the iron man homecoming is going for, like why? i guess low numbers...

Was just at the san jose toy expo, one seller had this for $1200! granted he did say it came with a hall of armor, but wow... It was opened to display too so i'm not sure if he had more or just the one... but $1200 for an opened one... i mentioned i heard its going up for preorder next week in nycc, but he said unlikely anybody would get one and it wasn't for sure... he also had a goggle glass on so he was probably way more sophisticated than me :):)

I hope its also like Anakin... hot toys has sent things back into production before... The first han and chewie set was going for $700 + till they re released it... and i'm sure there was a few others, so its not unheard of, it was very cool in person, so if i can get one for reasonable price i'll jump... either way i bet prices wil go down or I can pickup a used one later... but maybe not... still tripping on how much the iron man homecoming is going for, like why? i guess low numbers...

Of course the seller would say it’s unlikely you’ll get one or anyone will. He wants that $1200.

Hopefully sideshow comes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course the seller would say it’s unlikely you’ll get one or anyone will. He wants that $1200.

Hopefully sideshow comes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that was my thought too ha ha! Best case scenario I get one for retail at sideshow, worst case scenario I’m in exactly the same spot I was when this was an Asian only release.

Picked one up via eBay... and a small blacklight torch arrived for it this morning...

Toys_IM_Neon_20180726_0001.jpg

Looks great. I'm going to try displaying him next to Black Panther and hope that T'Challa's LED stand illuminates both.

Sounds like the consensus is that if it becomes available, collectors will buy and be pleased...otherwise no big deal? I personally like the neon tech. Not enough to pay the ridiculous second-hand price, but it's a cool figure.

What's the retail price for this? I've seen the secondary market price :cuckoo:

We don’t know what Sideshow may charge, but most places had it between 400-420usd...except direct from hot toys, there it was cheaper.

Sounds like the consensus is that if it becomes available, collectors will buy and be pleased...otherwise no big deal? I personally like the neon tech. Not enough to pay the ridiculous second-hand price, but it's a cool figure.

That’s my feelings at least. I think he’s 350-400 dollars cool. I don’t think he’s 7-800 dollars cool haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree if i can pick it up for under $400 shipped i'll be happy, but if not somehow i will live.. its funny i just booked a weekend in San Francisco, with a concert even, and it was less than $400... what we spend on these figures sometimes really pales in comparison of what you can be doing out there in the world :):) i often think sure lets go do that, its nothing compared to a hot toys figure :)

I had several chances to get this guy in the $700 shipped range and ultimately decided
I could not pay that much for a gimmick repaint. At retail, if I can get a ticket at NYCC Saturday… I may bite.

pre-order @SS by invitation only..:slap

I registered to be invited. Just saw they have a page up for entering your invitation code...but I don't have an invitation yet :thud:. Hopefully, I get one soon.

If anyone decides they don't want theirs I'll gladly take the invite off their hands, if it's transferrable.

Invitation codes should be going out later this week. I was just on chat with someone at SSC. But they didn't give a definite answer, but this is what they were told.

Hmmmm....

I wonder if the invitations codes are for all who RSVP'd on their site or just for those who get to the SS area at NYCC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks like he will be $385. He’s on the site, but when you click it goes to the code input page.

Edit: I’m going through my emails and don’t have a confirmation for my RSVP. Figures, the one thing I really want and I screwed it up somehow.

Last edited:
Back