1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War- Rocket and Groot set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God that is the stuff of nightmares. I’m planning on getting the single figure so I might need to wait a bit and see if this is a common issue or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my single Groot yesturday and mine had no problems. He came out of the box very easily to. That really sucks hopefully you can get another

:( :( :( :( :( :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Right out of the box!

View attachment 425012
View attachment 425013
View attachment 425014

He just fell apart in my hands :horror He never had a chance. It was like watching the movie all over again. I was so hyped to get him :(

This was the single Groot figure, not the double pack. I think the box they are using is too short and Groot is to tall. When I put him back in the box, even with broken legs, there was pressure pushing the legs into the hips putting stress on the joints. And he couldn't lay completely flat. Maybe its a combination of the box being too short and the screws they're using to connect the legs being too long. There was no damage anywhere on the shipper box either. All the reviews I have seen have been for the 2 pack, which has a different shaped box and no one has reported any problems with that one.
That sucks, I had the same problem with my Groot. It was just Groot not the two pack. His leg just fell off and the peg is broken so it won't stay on. It sucks when you get a new figure and it's damaged.
b80ce5331c176d4a9cd94a2b14595ebc.jpg
0249fa88e1f42f9c28ecf86ba5ea9cf5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

omg! :slap This is a common issue. If anyone is thinking of getting this figure, its the 2 pack or nothing (hopefully no reports with that one yet). I imagine all of the single figures have been scrunched up in their boxes this whole time with stress fractures on all their legs. Maybe they should recall this and make the peg thicker on that joint.

It’s so unlike HT to screw up so badly on a normal joint like that. Is not even a small, delicate piece either. It arguably is the largest, and therefore should be one of the strongest, joints in the entire figure. My two pack was fine but now I’m worried the joints are just manufactured badly and the only thing that prevented the 2 pack from already breaking is the larger box.

I received the solo Groot and thankfully it was fine. With these leg issues, I am definitely not attempting "The legs can be extended for better movement" part of the instructions which requires you to pull down like you can do the legs on some of the Iron Man figures. The legs do seem to be firmly in place and tight, but I was hesitant to actually try pulling on them to hard. Will be museum pose for me.

This is crazy that is now seeming a common issue. What will Hot Toys do about these figures that arrived broken? Will they replace them? Such a great looking figure too. What a shame. I have the 2pk coming in Thursday, only a little worried since reports seem ok with the 2pk

This is crazy that is now seeming a common issue. What will Hot Toys do about these figures that arrived broken? Will they replace them? Such a great looking figure too. What a shame. I have the 2pk coming in Thursday, only a little worried since reports seem ok with the 2pk

If you ordered it from a reputable store or seller, they will certainly replace it for you, or offer a return/refund/exchange. They'll have to deal with this headache, unfortunately.

You don't have anything to worry about, especially if they're an authorized Hot Toys distributor/retailer.

It's very important to deal with stores and sellers that can take care of you, especially when buying Hot Toys products where quality control can sometimes be hit or miss.

I'm selling my Rocket and Groot 2-pack.

Brand new, never opened.

If you're interested just shoot me a message!

My Groot & Rocket arrived today. No damage to Groot. Amazing set. Now to figure out how to pose Rocket in a good pose.

My Groot arrived with a broken leg too... Have the rest of you been able to get a replacement? [I ordered from Sideshow]

Back