1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War- Rocket and Groot set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, what was the verdict? Is the issue with both the single pack and the 2 pack, or just the double pack? I want to pick up the single-pack Groot, but I don't think it's worth the risk...

Really? Wow that sucks.
Aye. I posted about it earlier, but my retailer insisted that he tried for a second replacement, and SS told him they are requesting replacements direct from HT because nearly all of their Groots suffer from this. I think it's really shady that SS chose to sell both the set and single figure at a discount given this circumstance.

Aye. I posted about it earlier, but my retailer insisted that he tried for a second replacement, and SS told him they are requesting replacements direct from HT because nearly all of their Groots suffer from this. I think it's really shady that SS chose to sell both the set and single figure at a discount given this circumstance.

Yeah they're just selling and hoping people don't return it. There should probably be closer to a recall if it's that widespread.

Like I said before I’m afraid to touch mine. I’m worried it’s like a transformer I have (masterpiece Rodimus Prime) that’s know to have its arm break in half after years, even if not touched. I’m worried they are all stressed and it’s just a matter of time until they break from the pressure. Hope I’m wrong (my Rodimus hasn’t broken yet).

I must have gotten very lucky with mine. I have pull down on his legs since he has the double ball joint with no problems. I did try to post him sitting down like in the proto pics but he can’t do that it seems

So just got mine in today. Ordered the 2 pack off of sideshow as usual because of the sale and very relieved to say my Groot was perfectly normal. Gotta say was never so scared to open a hot toys with what's been shown on this thread

bought my 2 pack a few months ago when it was released. legs were fine when i first took it out. Picked up the figure today and the right leg fell off :slap POS. Not sure I can get a replacement at this point in time. At least it looks like I can glue it back...

bought my 2 pack a few months ago when it was released. legs were fine when i first took it out. Picked up the figure today and the right leg fell off :slap POS. Not sure I can get a replacement at this point in time. At least it looks like I can glue it back...

I got my 2 pack last week and the first thing I did was to move all the joints to verify that it wasn't broken. Now I'm hearing that it can just break for no reason 2 months later. That's scary. Guess I 'd better pick a spot, leave him, and hope for the best. :pray:

aa5628c5cfcec1cd38436d98ea8dbc65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so...anyone who got replacements have an extra right leg they can sell to me? I'll compensate you for your time!

Driqk8xUwAA_koW.jpg

No. Unfortunately. The thigh is a PVC sleeve that has ABS anchors in the ends really securely glued into it. I was going to attempt a repair in a similar manner. Magnets are my next idea to imitate the thigh swivel.

Found this while I was looking around to see if any updates had happened to the figure. Might take a chance on buying one now as this guy seems to have a pretty decent fix.

saw that same video. bought the glue. its a bit harder than his diagrams show. you can't really "dot" the glue around the socket, as the glue is very thick and viscous. So it kind of just blobs on there. It does hold the leg in place but i wasn't able to get any horizontal twist in my repair. It doesn't really matter, as it's a ball joint and the leg can still rotate somewhat so it's good enough. I do recommend the glue as it seems to be holding up well and i am able to the move the joint

Probably need to use an applicator like a toothpick or something to get the epoxy where you need it so you can preserve the full rotation of the joint

Back