1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you solder straight to the terminals ? Was it difficult ?

I have done a little soldering, but not extensive amounts.

Wouldn't happen to have any reference pics would you ?
Here's a video I found that helped quite a bit while I was trying to wire my MK 50 & 46 to an adapter. What I did a little differently was instead of buying and installing resistors, I just bought a universal ac adapter that allows me to turn the voltage down to 3 volts and it's been working like a charm. The only challenging part I had was how to connect the wires to the terminals without soldering. So currently I have been lighting up my MK50, MK46 and single hall of armor off that one ac adapter for a little over a week and with no issues.

Watch "Hot Toys - Iron Man - Mark 50 - USB Powered LEDs" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/GkY_IY40RUs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Did you solder straight to the terminals ? Was it difficult ?

I have done a little soldering, but not extensive amounts.

Wouldn't happen to have any reference pics would you ?

No soldering needed. I just create little squares with copper tape around the wires, which are held in place with plastic wall plugs to form the new "battery". And then all the positive wires and negative wires are hooked together and it goes to a wall adapter set at 3v.

Just do a search for Bruno Bartko on FB. He's got an entire tutorial on there, which is what I mainly used. You can hook 12 or more figures to one adapter if you want, which is a helluva lot cheaper than buying multiple soap reactors.

Got mine today from SSC and it came in this box instead of the regular HT shipper. I?m pretty sure my other diecast Iron Man came in the normal HT box. Just thought it was odd.View attachment 463268

Has anyone else ordered from SSC directly lately, and received their figure without the shipper like marfox? I ask cause I may finally pull the trigger on this guy and want to know what was found out.

Has anyone else ordered from SSC directly lately, and received their figure without the shipper like marfox? I ask cause I may finally pull the trigger on this guy and want to know what was found out.

What makes the shipper so desirable? I'm confused lol.

What makes the shipper so desirable? I'm confused lol.

Not as concerned about the shipper as the condition of the product box. Plus his seemed a little fishy the way it was boxed (possibly opened or returned) and just wanted a follow up before I ordered.

Not as concerned about the shipper as the condition of the product box. Plus his seemed a little fishy the way it was boxed (possibly opened or returned) and just wanted a follow up before I ordered.

Was he the only one to have it? Maybe it's a one off?

Well i don?t believe the figure itself was ever opened. Still had the foam between the joints and everything else seemed to be normal just like any other figure. No damages to the box or figure. I assume that maybe the original shipper was damaged? Not totally sure but the figure and the box were perfectly fine.

Well i don?t believe the figure itself was ever opened. Still had the foam between the joints and everything else seemed to be normal just like any other figure. No damages to the box or figure. I assume that maybe the original shipper was damaged? Not totally sure but the figure and the box were perfectly fine.

Thanks for the reply! It is odd though isn't it???

Thanks for the reply! It is odd though isn't it???

It?s very odd. I?d never gotten a HT figure from sideshow that came in that sort of box. I always had the original shipper. I thought about messaging them about it but figure it?s not worth the effort....now if it happens again then I?ll definitely message them about it haha

It?s very odd. I?d never gotten a HT figure from sideshow that came in that sort of box. I always had the original shipper. I thought about messaging them about it but figure it?s not worth the effort....now if it happens again then I?ll definitely message them about it haha

The last three HTs figures I’ve gotten from Sideshow came boxed that way. Art boxes were still sealed and wrapped in plastic, and none of the stuff taped down in the clamshell looked disturbed, I just figured they got a shipment of figures in like they release in HK with no shipper boxes. Or every figure they’re sending me had a trashed shipper. As long as the figure shows up fine I could care less.

War 2.jpg

Hi, please forgive my question but as this is the first iron man I want to get I just want to know if this version is also prone to the pink fading other IM figs suffered from? TIA

Hi, please forgive my question but as this is the first iron man I want to get I just want to know if this version is also prone to the pink fading other IM figs suffered from? TIA

No, none of the diecasts or even the plastic figures from the last several years use the soft plastic on the pelvis that would change color with time. They all instead use hard plastic and flaps to allow for leg movement instead of the soft plastic. The only fading that has been noted is on the non articulated hands that come with Iron Man figures (repulsor-firing oriented hands) as that is also a type of soft plastic, but nothing on the main body uses it.

^Thank you rocbolt. So are all the hands included in this MK50 are hard plastic?

^Thank you rocbolt. So are all the hands included in this MK50 are hard plastic?

The articulated hands are the only pair on the Mk. L that are made of hard (non fading plastic). It feels like the fists (including the ones that are in the accessories set) are somewhat soft like the repulsor firing hands.

Hey all! I just opened my Mark L and I noticed a missing piece on the foot. Is the missing piece in the picture broken off or is it meant to be detachable?

wONQVMh.jpg

Back