1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50>46 because I don't own the 46 and I don't want to want to own the 46.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I could never choose because it changes from day to day (and sometimes hour to hour). If i own it it's one of my favorites so i have a lot of favorites :lol

Only thing I dislike about the 46 is the wide hips / hourglass shape. Other than that, yes I do prefer it over that 50. Modern, sleek, but still mechanical.

While I admire the 50's versatility, the look just reminds me of this:

ZT7NldX.jpg

Basically anyone who owns only the 50 will say 50, and the same with the 46.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically like what you like.

tenor.gif

100% agree with this statement. Forget about what others think and go with what you like. I understand about getting opinions based on design, handling, etc., but in the end it's your collection.

I have all versions of the 46 (CA46, 47) and the 50. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I like each one for different reasons. Same with my other Iron Men.

Either way you can't lose. Attached the 47 as its the same as the 46, but schemed up differently. On a side note my personal favorite is the Mark 2 DC ;)

20190613_083408.jpg

Mark 47.jpg

Unboxed this guy last night. I don't know why, but I don't immediately love him. Maybe it's because I cant seem to pose him without his right leg seeming shorter than the left .

Based purely on aesthetics, the Mk. L. But I think you need to ask which movie you had more of a connection with, Civil War or Infinity War.

I love the look of this suit, and the headsculpt. And Civil War turned me off the character quite a bit (I was always Team Cap). Infinity War made me love the character again, so this one is a win/win in my book.

Anyone have recommendations for the wired battery alternatives? There are like 5 companies that do this. I would love a remote to light up all my Iron Man figures.

Yeah I’d buy that but I’m honestly more so looking forward to the Iron Studios 1/4 statue. No question the likeness won’t be the best but I’d display with the helmet anyways. They have put EG Thanos, Cap and Thor up for PO already and I’m really itching to see how they are going to light the statue.

I actually want the Iron Studios 85 as well. It will be my first Iron Studios statue.

Took 2 years off from collecting hard because I bought a house and real life took over lol.. but I'm back, dropped 5 preorders in a week. Mark L ,Thanos, iron spidey, Hc spidey and 1/4 ex joker conversion. Cant wait for all but this Iron man armor is so sleek and shiny! Plus he gave Thanos some one on one work in this armor. Best one yet

Took 2 years off from collecting hard because I bought a house and real life took over lol.. but I'm back, dropped 5 preorders in a week. Mark L ,Thanos, iron spidey, Hc spidey and 1/4 ex joker conversion. Cant wait for all but this Iron man armor is so sleek and shiny! Plus he gave Thanos some one on one work in this armor. Best one yet

I agree. Seen some folks argue the Mk 46 went toe-to-toe with both Cap and Bucky and the Mk 50 only did one drop of blood on Thanos... But they disregarded that Thanos just virtually waved off Cap and Bucky while the Mk 50 took a direct hit from the gauntlet power stone among other things.

The figures are an entirely different topic. Like what you like in hand, each one has its visual appeal. I have both and it's hard to choose one over the other. I'd buy all his suits if I could.

You have to look at the 50 with a wide view in comparison to what else you have IM wise, and in that perspective this wins over the 46/47 because it is unique looking. While the 46/47 would be a direction to take if you were sticking to more traditional armors, if you're trying to get a broad spectrum of his works, then without a doubt this one has to happen amongst the ranks. Though if you want ONE Iron Man, I would undoubtedly say it needs to be the 7 or 4, both more easily accessible than the 46/47 as the former is THE Avengers suit and the latter is really a near perfect traditional interpretation of the IM suit.

When this is said and done, I'll have 4, 5, 7, 43, 50, and probably 85. 47 went up for sale in favor of the IW/EG suits. That has a good flow of how the suit designs evolved across the Infinity Saga in my mind. I'm thinking of doing a detolf dedicated to just them because they are so intricate it's worth the exclusive display real estate.

I agree. Seen some folks argue the Mk 46 went toe-to-toe with both Cap and Bucky and the Mk 50 only did one drop of blood on Thanos... But they disregarded that Thanos just virtually waved off Cap and Bucky while the Mk 50 took a direct hit from the gauntlet power stone among other things.

The figures are an entirely different topic. Like what you like in hand, each one has its visual appeal. I have both and it's hard to choose one over the other. I'd buy all his suits if I could.

That's my problem and why i have almost 40 of the damn things but they are all awesome in the own way. I can look at each one a pick out something unique and cool on all of them.

I've never felt a need to get every suit, but will end up having the 3, 6, 7, 46, 50 and 85 by the end, which to me were the more iconic ones. I've never had quite as much interest in collecting more unique armors like the 5 or 42, even though they do look very cool.

Back