1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man... between not liking the armor much and the feedback on the toy itself being fairly mediocre I think I'm going to cancel my orders forvit abd the weapons and just put the money towards the 85. I can't even justify keeping this one boxed for resale to myself.

Yeah, after your recent string of quality purchases (Mk. 46, WM Mk. I and III) I feel like this one would definitely feel like a step backwards. Good call on canceling while you're ahead.

I agree with you @amarano & nordort. This guy is a work of art in person and in photos just like all the previous marks. I can't think of any Iron Men that HT put out that are sub par or garbage. I know there is the debate with Marks 2 & 3 for size, but Mark 2 is my favorite one with the 47 sitting very closely behind it. This happens every time a new Iron Man is released. Some praise it and others disagree and pass on it. Then it get's sold out and everyone wines that they missed it and prices are really outrageous.

Mark 2 diecast everyone said it was too short
Mark 47 came out everyone dismissed it and disliked it's paint scheme.
Mark 46 get's released and says it's too skinny compared to the Mark45.
Mark 45 got hated on because they said it looked too alien, bug eyed too organic, etc.

I'm not here to sway anyone either way. I have it. I love it. Choose what you will for your collection. Everything is subjective.

Happy for those that have it and like it and for those that feel it's not for you then that's ok too. Spend your hard earned money and time on something you will enjoy.

Definitely all in on this one & the accessories set. Thinking about picking up a second to keep on ice. 5A55F483-6601-434E-B2D6-A7F2A0ED9D85.jpg

Think it’d be an awesome display to have 3 Mark Ls with different setups from the accessories pack next to each other.

It's probably been asked, but is the preorder up on Sideshow for the figure starting to ship now, or for the reissue later in the year?

I suppose I could always get the figure to see what it's like in hand, and then sell it on if it doesn't work for me or if I decide the 85 is all I need once that comes out. Since there will obviously be no problem reselling these things. And I've already folded and ordered the IW Cap, Thor and Black Widow after initially passing on them, so I guess it only makes sense to add the Mk50 to that as well. :lol

It's probably been asked, but is the preorder up on Sideshow for the figure starting to ship now, or for the reissue later in the year?

I suppose I could always get the figure to see what it's like in hand, and then sell it on if it doesn't work for me or if I decide the 85 is all I need once that comes out. Since there will obviously be no problem reselling these things. And I've already folded and ordered the IW Cap, Thor and Black Widow after initially passing on them, so I guess it only makes sense to add the Mk50 to that as well. :lol

You have a chicken or pig situation there friend and by the looks of your preorders you’re already committed.:rotfl

I think we know the correct answer.

Actually got me a second one and thinking of getting a third. Really like this armor

Three is the correct number for all iron man releases. One to open, one spare, one to keep minty fresh!:lecture

Think it’d be an awesome display to have 3 Mark Ls with different setups from the accessories pack next to each other.

That would be impressive.

contacted sideshow about my damaged leg

they said it’ll take 7-10 for them just to get to my inquiry

lol foh

One with the Tony sculpt no accessories, flanked by 2 masked figures, one clean, one with the battle damage, both decked out in accessories.

Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, after your recent string of quality purchases (Mk. 46, WM Mk. I and III) I feel like this one would definitely feel like a step backwards. Good call on canceling while you're ahead.

It was a tough choice to come to but honestly I feel like it's just not for me even though I'd love to get a new product when it actually releases to offset all of the backtracking and backlogging I've been doing.

And that's definitely not to say anything about the pictures posted of it because the quality of so many of you guys' shots have been phenomenal but that hits it home even farther because it's like the more detailed views that I get the less and less I want it. I'm glad to read that people are honestly really liking it, though. I'm certainly not one of those who thinks others should be displeased with their stuff just because I'm not a fan; that's a pretty pessimistic mindset, IMO.

Thanks for all of the great shots and reviews, everyone. Looking forward to even more.

I'll admit this is a stellar shot...but from the chest piece down the rest of it is very disappointing.

Thanks gmoney! Portraying the onscreen armor is difficult because those were cartoons basically. It’s the only Iron Man featured in my favorite Marvel movie so that’s good enough for me. 4445DA19-A899-46EB-A2C7-3834BCAFC26E.jpg.

Thanks gmoney! Portraying the onscreen armor is difficult because those were cartoons basically. It’s the only Iron Man featured in my favorite Marvel movie so that’s good enough for me. View attachment 455708.

I feel about the same. I'm willing to overlook the inherent shortcomings because I loved the film and it's one of Tony's last two armors. I also own the die-cast Mark 3 for similar reasons.

finally rounded out the “titan group” with Tony’s arrival.
ill display tony’s group fighting thanos tomorrow sometime when i get the time

8d8af4ecedcda5e4f11575e4e5eec369.jpg

f606ed3c4ee7ec83b0c184c989176a3d.jpg

3b7532571da452b5338256e8b5f59fac.jpg

b8901e41efa7b626bbead21a7a2cb4c8.jpg

5a103ec4319af26f2bb976cf5634fa15.jpg

31a4aae15fa6ca12a62c14dd69455b76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back