1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast wouldn't make sense for most of the accessories with the exception of the foot clamps. The arm joints aren't strong enough to handle the weight. A diecast foot thrusters would be too heavy for a flight pose. The main issue with the accessories is the relatively cheap paint job - the gold (primarily on the shield) and blue/white parts look especially bad.

They really rushed to get it out. Wasn't the original window Nov-Dec? Half a year in production would've made all the difference. I had originally pre-ordered both the set and figure but the final product left a lot to be desired so I canceled both. Here's to hoping they take their time with the 85.

They really rushed to get it out. Wasn't the original window Nov-Dec? Half a year in production would've made all the difference. I had originally pre-ordered both the set and figure but the final product left a lot to be desired so I canceled both. Here's to hoping they take their time with the 85.

I feel like the figure itself is not too bad, although not quite up to par with other recent diecast releases. So if you're not someone that collects a bunch of iron Man figures, this wouldn't be one of the top ones I'd recommend. I agree that some corners we're likely cut, on both the accessories and figure, to get them out sooner. They probably just have way too much in the pipeline at this point.

Got mine at last. Not the best design, reminds me of Gary Oldman's armor at the beginning of Dracula.

But boy is it versatile... Can't decide how to pose it.

And I love the blue tint of the light-up parts.

oOKyf4yh.jpg

ACtAOKrh.jpg

bw0JU4Uh.jpg

Diecast wouldn't make sense for most of the accessories with the exception of the foot clamps. The arm joints aren't strong enough to handle the weight. A diecast foot thrusters would be too heavy for a flight pose. The main issue with the accessories is the relatively cheap paint job - the gold (primarily on the shield) and blue/white parts look especially bad.

but diecast is much nicer with a diecast figure, you wil see the difference for sure

When did they change to status on this??
Mine said May June when I ordered it now it says June-Nov!!?!?!? WTF

Yeah that’s annoying. What kind of estimate is that? Basically, you’ll get it when you get it.

Seems like maybe Sideshow has sold out of the first run or is close to it, or just doesn’t know how much is coming and when it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only good thing about diecast is when it’s used strategically for stability purposes. I can’t stand when people say it makes figures feel high quality. Who cares how much it weighs?

Yeah that’s annoying. What kind of estimate is that? Basically, you’ll get it when you get it.

Seems like maybe Sideshow has sold out of the first run or is close to it, or just doesn’t know how much is coming and when it will.

I contacted Sideshow yesterday to ask about this, and they said the current preorder is still for the figure being shipped now, and not the reissue.... but not sure how reliable that really is. It's probably just the luck of the draw whether you get the first version or have to wait a few more months.

Got mine at last. Not the best design, reminds me of Gary Oldman's armor at the beginning of Dracula.

But boy is it versatile... Can't decide how to pose it.

And I love the blue tint of the light-up parts.

So do the lights really have a bluish tint in hand? I know they're very blue in the movie, but assumed on the figure it was just the same white light as always.

So do the lights really have a bluish tint in hand? I know they're very blue in the movie, but assumed on the figure it was just the same white light as always.

For the big gun, it's blue. The rest, still look white when lit up. Cos they're kinda bright.

I contacted Sideshow yesterday to ask about this, and they said the current preorder is still for the figure being shipped now, and not the reissue.... but not sure how reliable that really is. It's probably just the luck of the draw whether you get the first version or have to wait a few more months.

Sweet thanks for that update. Yeah, I’m just taking all the latest delivery estimates as what they are, rough estimates.

Yeah, I suppose that's a more accurate statement.

You know my complaints so well! :lol

Well those were my complaints also, so pretty easy to remember. :lol

What great deal you talking about?

I believe this was in reference to Dino_Ranger_White selling his (less the head sculpt) for @ $325 shipped. Looks like he deleted the post that was in this thread though, which makes your question understandable.

Well those were my complaints also, so pretty easy to remember. :lol

I believe this was in reference to Dino_Ranger_White selling his (less the head sculpt) for @ $325 shipped. Looks like he deleted the post that was in this thread though, which makes your question understandable.

Oooh, I suppose that is quite a good deal then! Is that discount deep enough that I would have gone for it though? Hmm...probably not.

If...and a big IF...I could snag this in the $250+ range, brand-new...then I would probably pull the trigger, but we all know that price point would likely never happen. :dunno

Yeah that would have worked fine for me, since I likely wouldn't display it much with the Tony head anyway. Ah well, guess I'll just have to pay the extra $100 along with everyone else. :p

Back