1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell on eBay and have had fine transactions so far, BUT all a buyer has to do is say "hey this seller sent me a piece of crap in a box, this is not what I ordered." and they'll then return to you (at your cost) that piece of crap in a box back to you, and eBay will side with the buyer like 99% of the time, as long as the buyer isn't stupid on top of being a thief. check out out reddit.com/r/ebay for some horror stories. The complaint is "item not as described" and there's not much you can do about it. eBay or Paypal (if eBay sides with you, the buyer can then try the same exact case on Paypal) don't care about photos or videos of you packing the box or anything.

Anyway, glad to see people are getting shipping notices on this guy. I'm going for the 85 but looking to see what people think of this one.

Wow, wasn't aware it was so easy to screw a seller like that! Granted I've never sold anything on eBay before, but there's gotta be better protection in place for sellers! That's absurd though.

I sell on eBay and have had fine transactions so far, BUT all a buyer has to do is say "hey this seller sent me a piece of crap in a box, this is not what I ordered." and they'll then return to you (at your cost) that piece of crap in a box back to you, and eBay will side with the buyer like 99% of the time, as long as the buyer isn't stupid on top of being a thief. check out out reddit.com/r/ebay for some horror stories. The complaint is "item not as described" and there's not much you can do about it. eBay or Paypal (if eBay sides with you, the buyer can then try the same exact case on Paypal) don't care about photos or videos of you packing the box or anything.

Anyway, glad to see people are getting shipping notices on this guy. I'm going for the 85 but looking to see what people think of this one.

You know i hear stories like this about ebay all the time, but i've been selling on there since the early 2000s and i must have been lucky but never had this issue. Anecdotal yes but still always had good luck selling on ebay, only thing that i do not like is the fees! :)

I ordered in October no shipping notice, would be nice though, very cool looking armor.

:lol nice! I liked the beauty of getting the final payment exactly 1 year ago from when I ordered. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

dc1661040c20c4cabf124960728b181b.jpg

I see what you did there. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know i hear stories like this about ebay all the time, but i've been selling on there since the early 2000s and i must have been lucky but never had this issue. Anecdotal yes but still always had good luck selling on ebay, only thing that i do not like is the fees! :)

I ordered in October no shipping notice, would be nice though, very cool looking armor.

I sold a limited edition Weathered 1/48 scale Robotech Valkyrie to a guy on eBay. He then complained to eBay that I sold him a “dirty” item (once again, a limited edition “weathered” collectible), which he then sent back to me broken. It was a pricey item too, maybe $1K. Nothing I could do. [emoji2369]

I’ve got many more stories like that from selling on eBay. Tons of scammers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once sold a piece of music production equipment. The package was supposed to go to NY. I shipped it to the address the seller wanted. What happened next is the package makes it to NY sat there for a day or two then all of a sudden was on the move to Florida where it was later delivered to an address in Fl. The seller opens a case stating they never received the package. Upon an investigation and a few calls to the post office the buyer had the package re-routed to Florida. Had I not kept the receipt showing I mailed it to the original address I would have lost my money.

I once sold a piece of music production equipment. The package was supposed to go to NY. I shipped it to the address the seller wanted. What happened next is the package makes it to NY sat there for a day or two then all of a sudden was on the move to Florida where it was later delivered to an address in Fl. The seller opens a case stating they never received the package. Upon an investigation and a few calls to the post office the buyer had the package re-routed to Florida. Had I not kept the receipt showing I mailed it to the original address I would have lost my money.

Yeah, you learn you need to save all the receipts. I’d even take pictures of packages and the contents when selling big-ticket items. I also require insurance if it’s a big ticket item. On this forum when I sell something, I build insurance into the price of the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sneaky little bastard...

Yeah, you learn you need to save all the receipts. I’d even take pictures of packages and the contents when selling big-ticket items. I also require insurance if it’s a big ticket item. On this forum when I sell something, I build insurance into the price of the deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wanted to mention everything I've read is that eBay/Paypal don't give 2 ****s if you had an entire video of you packing and delivering the package to USPS. They don't look or care about picture/video evidence of you sending the stuff.

Wow... I didn't want this until now.

Yeah the more I watched infinity war, especially the scene with iron man and iron Spider-Man trying to get the glove off, the more I liked this armor. I've still resisted the temptation to order this though but seriously am about to crack. :)

Wow... I didn't want this until now.

Go for it. I am definitely biased since I am an Iron Man whore (and proud of it) but I will say that I have had mine for about 2 weeks and have changed out the batteries 6 times because it looks incredible (even better than the 46/47) lit up.

Yeah I know, I will get another Soap Reactor soon.

Agree, this is my favorite iron man comic design with bleeding edge and it is the manifested pinnacle of Tony's technical capabilities into the iron man suit.

I have two of these and a standard chartered version. (cause I am a completest idiot :lol)

With the accessory pack this armor screams multiple buys to display all of the goodies in the expansion pack and display with other Infinity War collections. This is also HT's best execution of paint, proportions and technology in any iron man figure to date in my opinion. Just a ridiculously beautiful armor.

Last edited:
Go for it. I am definitely biased since I am an Iron Man whore (and proud of it) but I will say that I have had mine for about 2 weeks and have changed out the batteries 6 times because it looks incredible (even better than the 46/47) lit up.

How are the battery compartments compared to the 46 I had that one and it was a nightmare. One panel ended up breaking and there are 8 panels to remove to switch on and off each light, and they all felt like they might break.

Soap reactors can power up to like 48+ batteries, so one should be more than enough for one cabinet.

Back