1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking to pick up the accessory set, but I only want the shield and energy blade. Anyone interested in going in on this and not wanting those items could have the remainder? PM me if interested.

I am not a fan of the suit at all- too much like a spidery insect and too streamlined- like my IM suits to be alittle bulkier

I dunno....the pic of the back with the wings on looks pretty damn impressive to me as far as details go. I think I’m hand it’s going to look great. I’m sure once we see some pro pics most minds will be changed. I hope so anyways

The sculpt looks "younger" when compared against the Mark 46/47 in my opinion :(

But I want this Mark 50 lined up next to the Mark 46/47 and Mark 4/6 for better comparison... and I really hope the odd proportions are a result of the camera angle lol

I have mixed feelings, apparently just like everyone else. If the endgame suit uses nanotech too (it probably will, right?) then I think I'll wait for that reveal before making any decisions.

I just realized what's been bothering me about this figure. Unless something is not seated properly, Tony would need to have a giraffe neck (or an Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft neck) in order to wear this suit. Compared to the other suits, his head is sitting much higher from his shoulders. A fraction of that could be explained by the nano-tech armor being thinner, but not that much. Also, the slope of his traps is exaggerated. RDJ is definitely not built like that.

IMG_7578.jpg
IMG_7580.jpg
17.jpg

The traps are a little big but that’s how the suit was in the movie. It looks ten times worse in these pics with the shoulders not lined up correctly. This was the same issue I had with his Thanos review. He left the arms sitting in a horrible position the whole video and it just looked terrible

Last edited:
Yeah, I must say so far I'm a bit underwhelmed with what I saw in that video. I guess I'll need to see official blogger photos and more in-hand video reviews before I make my final call.

Yes, the arms being low calls more attention to it, but even when repositioned (see pic below from HT main site) it still looks off to me. The split line / recessed area that follows his clavicle also looks wonky to me, and is probably contributing to the effect. If I were to get this, the first thing I'd do is bore out the neck pieces so the head & helmet sit lower.

PD151999710758Q.jpg

Based on the video I watched before it was pulled, I was surprised to see HT has regressed with the shoulder pads. They are no longer independently moving pieces on their own separate hinge...they are back to the Mk. 45 snapping-back-into-place effect shoulder pieces where they can't be independently re-positioned. I wonder why HT would go back to that older design?

Yeah, those shoulder gaps in the screenshots is pretty jarring... hopefully when posed corrrectly
it will look better. Still on the fence with this one overall, especially at his price point.

I may just stick by skipping this figure and double-dipping on the Diecast Mark 7.

Yes, the arms being low calls more attention to it, but even when repositioned (see pic below from HT main site) it still looks off to me. The split line / recessed area that follows his clavicle also looks wonky to me, and is probably contributing to the effect. If I were to get this, the first thing I'd do is bore out the neck pieces so the head & helmet sit lower.

View attachment 448731
That’s probably what I’m going to do as well. I do see what you mean from the official pic now. It’s not as bad but still apparent

The traps are a little big but that’s how the suit was in the movie. It looks ten times worse in these pics with the shoulders not lined up correctly. This was the same issue I had with his Thanos review. He left the arms sitting in a horrible position the whole video and it just looked terrible

yeah we definitely got Tom Hardy up in here

0-o5bZ-tt81Jpfi1PN.jpg

Holy crap. I don't want to sound negative or anything but from those photos it turned out pretty bad. I'm one of those that believe early photos aren't indicative however, so hopefully it isn't. But it looks so toyish it's unreal, also that old sculpt reuse. I honestly think the fact that Endgame is coming out soon rushed these ones out too quickly. I just hope this production hasn't ruined the production on other figures from different films...

Yea it seems the entire Infinity War line took a hit. Hopefully things will be calmer for them now and the Endgame figures don't suffer the same fate.

Well, considering that nothing has come out or shipped in almost 8 weeks,
Hot Toys should be so calm that their employees are sleeping at this point.

Still waiting for them to put their Vol2 Drax up for preorder! It’s going to be the second run again where he’s last and well behind everyone else.

Back