1/6 Hot Toys - Infinity War - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From another angle in the display. Can't get enough of this guy! In the right thread this time lolz!

50 Display 2.jpg

From another angle in the display. Can't get enough of this guy! In the right thread this time lolz!

View attachment 456193

Amazing shot my friend and I would be an owner of this Mark L too if it wasn't for HT's rush job on the abdomen/thigh section.

HT was certainly able to accomplish it in the past...look at this! The leg/thigh joints are virtually seamless! And no jarring thigh-high boot look.

Credit: barinmitchell on IG

61553175_121347232412040_6087556407335577500_n.jpg

Honestly the leg gaps don't really bother me that much. The torso is already far less streamlined than it was in the movie (not to mention the armor being a brighter red), so this is just one more small inaccuracy to have to live with. And the overall figure is so gorgeous that it easily makes up for it.

Amazing shot my friend and I would be an owner of this Mark L too if it wasn't for HT's rush job on the abdomen/thigh section.

HT was certainly able to accomplish it in the past...look at this! The leg/thigh joints are virtually seamless! And no jarring thigh-high boot look.

Credit: barinmitchell on IG

Yo gmoney, you might have to get used to them thighs if HT’s doesn’t release an EG Thor :wink1:

Yo gmoney, you might have to get used to them thighs if HT’s doesn’t release an EG Thor :wink1:

I mean, I'll gladly deal with the thighs and ab cut if it doesn't cost me a pretty penny. :wink1:

Thanks for picking up the tab. Honestly, more forum members should strive to be like you! You're so generous blinguskahn! :clap :lol

Wishful thinking...I doubt HT will correct any of the issues people have been vocal about.

What? Who said that? Who's wishing?

I was wondering if the reissue/2nd batch will have the exact same beautiful red color, or if it will be slightly different... as sometimes it is between several months.

There are some really nice aspects to this figure and I don't doubt it looks stunning in hand. However, in almost every photo I've seen of this guy, my eyes are always drawn toward that midsection...

50 Display 2.jpg

The thigh gaps and the awkward looking transition from abs to upper torso are the deal breaker for me.

There are some really nice aspects to this figure and I don't doubt it looks stunning in hand. However, in almost every photo I've seen of this guy, my eyes are always drawn toward that midsection...

View attachment 456248

The thigh gaps and the awkward looking transition from abs to upper torso are the deal breaker for me.

I am 100% with you on this one. I wanted this figure...but those blatant cuts/seams are just too distracting for me.

That's fine I guess...save $400+. Hey, as long as there are collectors happy and content, that's all that really matters.

I have no idea what you people want for a toy that replicates a seamless nanobot body suit. You don't want cuts? Buy a statue. It's like the opposite of the people who want a diecast Iron Spider suit. Do you want an Iron Spider like suit for the Mk 50?

I have no idea what you people want for a toy that replicates a seamless nanobot body suit. You don't want cuts? Buy a statue. It's like the opposite of the people who want a diecast Iron Spider suit. Do you want an Iron Spider like suit for the Mk 50?

Please refer to this image I posted earlier of an older HT IM with no boot legs. They've done it before and they surely could have done it for Mark L if they really wanted to. No excuses.

But ALL your figures in the background have obvious 'boot leg'.

Sorry, that's not my photo.

Credit to barinmitchell on IG!

But if you're gonna refer to the figures in the background that are based on ROBOTS and not organic/fluid nanotech that had no seams/cuts...then yeah, those figures in the background should have boot legs!

Back