1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

I'm not mad, I'm just very intolerant of sloppy readers.

I'm surprised people aren't still claiming it's "NOT" made of styrofoam

I guess the $130 price is correct but Sideshow made a mistake and put the old part number on it.

Yeah, that makes sense

Re: 1/6 - Hot Toys - IM3 - Hall of Armor (House Party Protocol Ver.) - Spec + Pic

A crappy product and a crappy argument, they were made for each other.

I'm not mad, I'm just very intolerant of sloppy readers.

I'm surprised people aren't still claiming it's made of styrofoam

I guess the $130 price is correct but Sideshow made a mistake and put the old part number on it.

Yeah, that makes sense

It is made of styrofoam...

or a very similar type of foam (dont know specific names for all the different foams out there)

Last edited:

It is made of styrofoam...

or a very similar type of foam (dont know specific names for all the different foams out there)

Forgot the "NOT" in my post, I fixed it.

Don't worry, in a few pages of posts someone will state it's not made of srtrofoam

Just so you know, Sideshows product number for the original HOA (WSHOA) was 902004

I don't think they used the same number for both.

For all we know that's could be a mistake or photoshopped.

I took the photo and there is ZERO photoshopping in that photo. I'm here at Comic-con and that is THEIR (Side Show) display.

It's styrofoam and it's not special styrofoam, no resin coating, no special concoction, just styrofoam. If you drop it, it will bend, deform, mar, and possibly crack. Here is a closeup photo for you styro-deniers.

_MG_2735.jpg

The displayed price is $130. IMHO, if it's a price mistake even $60 for styrofoam and some cheap leds is too much. Those who want it will buy it, I personally, will pass. The pricing is ridiculous and I ain't no sucka! :rotfl

I'm still going to buy these.

And if you don't want to, that's fine. But why go after those of us that like them? I'm not talking about the attatck on the product, though that seems to get a bit personal as well, but the snide remarks toward those stating their/our opinion of support. You seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters, and if we disagree or support something you don't, or just plain disagree that we are either dumb, uninformed, or slaves to hot toys. I can't speak for everyone else, but I am not stupid(I'd be willing to put my iq score and education against anyone else's), I have seen the same photos you have and most likely have a ton more experience with foam then most people so I'm not uninformed, and I'm not a slave to hot toys as I buy what I like not what some faceless foreign company tells me to. So if I like these, and I have no problem with foam, then why should anyone else feel it's ok to call my beliefs into question because they differ from yours? Feel free to express your opinion about the product, and the product alone,not how I/we spend OUR money and not at our belief about the product if it differs from yours.

And to call us "suckers" because we disagree is also insulting, and asine. I bet most non collectors think you spending hundreds or thousands of dollars(total) on little plastic dolls makes you a sucker. Plastic ain't nothing special, and I'm willing to bet that if you drop your figure and this display from the same height your figure suffers as much or more damage. Does that make your figure cheap?

And this is not standard foam. Not standard styrofoam. First, you can't say it's not coated if you don't have one you bought in hand. Your going off a photo on a screen on the Internet. And of course photos on the Internet are always just as they appear. The foam it "appears" to be is the same used on the terminator salvation boxes, which are high density extruded foam. Which is exponentially stronger and denser then "styrofoam". It won't break with a drop. I've dropped my John Conner box from my upstairs to downstairs..not even a mark. If it lands on a corner it might dent in a bit. Might not. But I'm willing to bet if you drop the first hall of armor the same height it breaks too. So if your idea of value is if it survives a drop...then your in the wrong hobby. Almost every product will fail that test. So to call these out because it "might" get damaged when you drop it.. That's asine

Last edited:

I'm still going to buy these.

And if you don't want to, that's fine. But why go after those of us that like them? I'm not talking about the attatck on the product, though that seems to get a bit personal as well, but the snide remarks toward those stating their/our opinion of support. You seem to think your opinion is the only one that matters, and if we disagree or support something you don't, or just plain disagree that we are either dumb, uninformed, or slaves to hot toys. I can't speak for everyone else, but I am not stupid(I'd be willing to put my iq score and education against anyone else's), I have seen the same photos you have and most likely have a ton more experience with foam then most people so I'm not uninformed, and I'm not a slave to hot toys as I buy what I like not what some faceless foreign company tells me to. So if I like these, and I have no problem with foam, then why should anyone else feel it's ok to call my beliefs into question because they differ from yours? Feel free to express your opinion about the product, and the product alone,not how I/we spend OUR money and not at our belief about the product if it differs from yours.

Completely agree, but reason, logic and common sense are generally not well accepted on the Internet :D

I took the photo and there is ZERO photoshopping in that photo. I'm here at Comic-con and that is THEIR (Side Show) display.

If you are at Comic-con why not ask the rep why these are listed for $130 when they are selling for $60 in Hong Kong.

They're selling for less then $100 on ebay via Buy-It-Now auctions and that is with the inflated "got to have it" buying binge

While you're at it ask him why the Product Number on the price badge is the same as the original HOA

Sideshow is scalping now with $130, their version probably is made from plastic than the HK varian which is styrofoam.

Agreed, if you want to spend $130 on styrofoam go for it... you deserve to spend your hard earned money on it, then the next release HT's can use recycled plastic bags and charge $150... :lol

I think Boba is right and somehow they mislabelled it with the original HOA model number and price. It just doesn't make sense that SSC would mark it up $70.00. I'd expect these to be marked-up a bit from what they cost in HK but only $10 or $20, tops.

Sideshow is scalping now with $130, their version probably is made from plastic than the HK varian which is styrofoam.

this is one of the most nonsensical things I have read this week...

Yeah, I think Boba is right and somehow they mislabelled it with the original HOA model number and price. It just doesn't make sense that SSC would mark it up $70.00. I'd expect these to marked-up a bit from what they cost in HK but only $10 or $20, tops.

Like I said earlier, it may be that the $60 price is a bonus for attending the cons...

I don't think so. We've never seen a mark-up like that on any other product (and going by how straight-forward the reviewer was, my feeling is he'd advise in the vid if he got a discounted rate). I can't see even HT wanting to sell these at that price, to be honest. The build quality is so obviously inferior to the originals that the trade off has to be price, or no-one will buy it. Also, Boba's point about the model number is quite convincing to me. Basically just screams that they made a mistake with the label. If these actually go up on Sideshow's site for $130, I'd be astonished.

When isn't Sideshow scalping? :huh

When you regret not buying for retail. Then Sideshow looks real good. :p

Back