1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine has been shipped!
i don't even feel any hype anymore.

Congrats, but yeah, hype and that new figure smell wears off quicker and quicker these days don't it, nothing to do with this figure exactly but the hobby in general. The thrill of getting a long anticipated figure wears off quicker these days, sometimes even before it ships, not sure if its the pricing, boredom, or the addiction for plastic crack is wearing off:lol

Congrats, but yeah, hype and that new figure smell wears off quicker and quicker these days don't it, nothing to do with this figure exactly but the hobby in general. The thrill of getting a long anticipated figure wears off quicker these days, sometimes even before it ships, not sure if its the pricing, boredom, or the addiction for plastic crack is wearing off:lol
thank you.
dunno, i'm still loving my giant garden gnomes TMNT so much that i invest heavily in them - second heads, additional stuff for non-battle scenes, almost all custom parts from pizzapartykitchen, so on.
but really. Ripley & A2 were my last HT purchases, then TMNT, then... nothing. cannot say it's dull now, just seems that my hunger for new is fulfilled, now i'll just change scenery on my table once in a while.
and yes, waiting for this figure was waaay too much to expect it now impatiently.

I'm still toying with the idea to get this and I'm trying to convince myself. I got some points I could use on it.

Glad I cancelled, plainest​ figure ever created. Money saved. Pepper potts v2.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's funny how you justify your choice showing contempt for the people who bought the figure. It's not the best headsculpt, but Ripley it's one or the best figures about clothing, accessories, etc...

It's funny how you justify your choice showing contempt for the people who bought the figure. It's not the best headsculpt, but Ripley it's one or the best figures about clothing, accessories, etc...
i think ironmehs and starwars are one of the best figures about details, accessories, accuracy, etc... but they are so dumb and dull.
and some lifeless spammers can discuss me for that however they want.
do you want to be like them? :dunno

Bein a dolly sjw doesnt get you laid by the dolly no matter how much you come to its defense.

Btw, i got the response i wanted, feelers decimated.

giphy.gif

Had been on the fence about this. Loved everything about the figure save for the head sculpt. Ended up ordering it from Alter Ego when they sent me coupon. Got it in two days which was nice- as was the fact they double boxed the HT shipper.

I pulled the trigger with the intention that the hair would get rooted and I would learn how to do it or send it off to someone else to do. With the rooted hair the figure jumps to an A+ for me. Without it, based on the pics I'd give it a C+ to B-.

It's a cliche to say it, but when I finally got it in hand, it just wasn't that bad. Still not s good as the rooted hair pics I've seen, but for me it's easy to tell who it is and from some angles the likeness is strong- even with the sculpted hair.

No regrets at all picking it up now and the plan to get the hair redone is get pushed far on to the back burner.

Bein a dolly sjw doesnt get you laid by the dolly no matter how much you come to its defense.

Btw, i got the response i wanted, feelers decimated.

I never understood why some feel the need to defend a figure like it's their wife. It's a very plain and lazily created figure, again from HT. I may get it, but I'll be using points on it.

Dude thinks hes the dolly llama, he hardolly even knows me. He should lighten up. P., I wasnt talking about you, btw.

Back