1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude thinks hes the dolly llama, he hardolly even knows me. He should lighten up. P., I wasnt talking about you, btw.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
no difference, you're crazy anyway. anybody who didn't do everything he could to erase that stupid "sent from my vegan smoothie vaping device" signature is crazy. don't drop your spinner.
how's that for radical stereotypes?

tenor.gif

Maybe I am "lost in translation" because I'm from Spain and I can't understand the weird words of the guy that is saying "dolly" over and over again ¿¿?¿?¿??.

But I think that you don't understand me. I have said just the thing you are saying now: I can't understand why somebody needs to enter in this forum to say "your figure is crap, and I was so clever and didn't buy it. But all of you are stupid". I have wanted to explain this. I don't need to fight to defend my purchase...

I wouldn't take anything said on the Freaks to heart. Personally I was super happy getting the fig. If people don't like it then so be it, I couldn't care less, as long as I'm happy. There is no arbiter here, its all just matter of opinion.

Why has it gotten so weird in here? :dunno
Lately I can hardly follow what's going on among all the negative posts.

I can't understand why somebody needs to enter in this forum to say "your figure is crap, and I was so clever and didn't buy it. But all of you are stupid". I have wanted to explain this. I don't need to fight to defend my purchase...
Sometimes people have an internal struggle with how they feel about a certain figure and it can evoke a mixed range of emotions. If they want it, they get it. if they dont want it, they wont. But there is a frustrating middle ground where you want to like the figure but the execution of the figure is not to your satisfaction. This frustration leads to a 50/50 where you either say, screw it ill buy it and decide when i see it for myself. Or the other option which is not buy it. However the decision not to buy it often manifests as passive aggressive behavior thats is not actually directed at anybody in particular, its blanket statements, as more often than not the poster is subconsciously talking to themselves as to convince themselves they are doing the right thing by disapproving of the figure because the disappointment is still lingering and they havent fully given up hope of ever owning the figure yet. If somebody had 0 interest in a figure at all they wouldnt even visit a thread, let alone be annoyed enough about the figure to actually be upset. So i wouldnt take too much offence when you feel somebody is pooping on a figure you like, its more them venting their own frustration.

Has there been any other figure with so much hate and venom in the beginning that turned into an absolute wankfest in the end?

But there is a frustrating middle ground where you want to like the figure but the execution of the figure is not to your satisfaction.

:exactly:

I would never spend $300 on a figure I did not love. I'm very excited to have Ripley, she looks great and is a natural fit in my collection . However, if I was to rate top to bottom in my collection (not best to worst), Ripley would be on the bottom even if she is my latest purchase.

Sometimes people have an internal struggle with how they feel about a certain figure and it can evoke a mixed range of emotions. If they want it, they get it. if they dont want it, they wont. But there is a frustrating middle ground where you want to like the figure but the execution of the figure is not to your satisfaction. This frustration leads to a 50/50 where you either say, screw it ill buy it and decide when i see it for myself. Or the other option which is not buy it. However the decision not to buy it often manifests as passive aggressive behavior thats is not actually directed at anybody in particular, its blanket statements, as more often than not the poster is subconsciously talking to themselves as to convince themselves they are doing the right thing by disapproving of the figure because the disappointment is still lingering and they havent fully given up hope of ever owning the figure yet. If somebody had 0 interest in a figure at all they wouldnt even visit a thread, let alone be annoyed enough about the figure to actually be upset. So i wouldnt take too much offence when you feel somebody is pooping on a figure you like, its more them venting their own frustration.

Is it all really that deep for some people? jesus.

Im genuinely happy that i saved a couple of hundred bucks. Disappointed at her down syndrome, space shot stare. The cat is very unappealing and lazily done. Everything else seems nice i will say.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Alien is one of my top 5 movies, probably top 3 and is fighting with Aliens for 2nd place depending on my mood. But Ripley in Alien didnt really do anything to warrant a "figure". Recreate the scene where shes stood with her arms crossed, where shes leaning on the table, where shes talking over the radio system... oh no headset. Its a figure of a character who did nothing but stand and lean on things all movie and ran a bit a the end. So all though its my favorite franchise overall the motivation to have a figure of this iteration of timid Ripley isnt strong. Aliens ripley in her vest, holding pulse rifle... thats a figure.

As for the figure itself i hate the hair. Reminds me of black mashed potato. Face looks too masculine. And has she had 2 weeks in ibiza? I wish all figures of white people didnt need to have a tan. Make us milk white with pink cheeks like we really are.

Id never display the cat, but that is actually hilarious. If you take the head off the figure, and the cat you have a great starting point. They should recall them and try again. Throw all the heads away, burn the cats.

Im more inclined to buy a Kane or Dallas on ebay for double the price despite the lack of facial likeness and outfits that are either falling to bits of electronics not working.

I will get Ripley, but it will be one random morning when im casually searching for newly listed Hot Toys for the occasions people throw them on cheap for a quick sale. Ill buy one then. Id be all over the Aliens version and Power Loader though. From Alien to Aliens its a complete 180 in how much the character warrants a figure.

So, a figure is a figure if the figure has action scenes, isn't it? Jesus Christ... ��

But I understand you. Really. ��

Althought I think that this figure is highly poseable.

From Alien to Aliens its a complete 180 in how much the character warrants a figure.
:exactly::goodpost:
Ripley from Aliens is a figure i would never ever buy. action Ripley figure is so boringly dull.
and she had the ugliest haircut ever.

Back