1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, the fact that they made a new shirt and made a Dallas way back makes me wonder if a new Dallas is possible.

this is not a first picture where Ripley looks a little X-legged...

i discovered 1/6 leg extenders recently on ebay and successfully used them a couple of times, but... haven't seen them for female bodies yet. maybe one day.

IMG_5321.JPG

I started a custom Dallas project last year, but we had to scrap the project as my tailor had issues with the complexity of the jacket. I went to few other tailors, and could not get a price quote under $250.. Id like to visit it again one day, but im sure the jacket would be pricey..
20130516-192315.jpg

The figure looks amazing! But will they ever release Big Chap 2.0? The display looks incomplete without it.

The figure looks amazing! But will they ever release Big Chap 2.0? The display looks incomplete without it.

Indeed. I wonder how many here would opt for a big chap ver. 2.0 instead of a power loader Aliens ripley? If HT could (and would) make only ONE of the two?

I'd probably lean towards the big chap as the PL while cool would take up way too much space and then would be begging for more from that movie so, I'd much rather have a quasi 'complete' display set in homage to the first film with Rip and BC than a re-worked PL.

I'd be up for a re-release of the Alien but HT would have to radically change the way they do the 1/6 aliens...the NECA 1/4 alien was perfect. HT always screws up the mouth.

Dallas in his regular ship clothing is a figure I would love to complement my other Alien figures. Ash would be nice, as well. But I just can't see a high quality 1/6 scale project getting off the ground for either.

I looked around and found a pic of Snyderman's Jonesie on Facebook (Joy and Tom Studios, if anyone wants to go directly to their page):

qmirwOH.jpg

$50 for an unpainted Jonesie, $125 for a painted one.

Indeed. I wonder how many here would opt for a big chap ver. 2.0 instead of a power loader Aliens ripley? If HT could (and would) make only ONE of the two?

I'd probably lean towards the big chap as the PL while cool would take up way too much space and then would be begging for more from that movie so, I'd much rather have a quasi 'complete' display set in homage to the first film with Rip and BC than a re-worked PL.
I would probably get both, but since I have the first Big Chap and am reasonably happy with him, I would choose power loader Ripley first.

zero interest in power loader.
would love a decent A1 or at least one with the head on one level with new A2 (which is at least at 80% level of accuracy, while A1 looks like 1998 Godzilla).

Post some pics if you can, im waiting to see if any 3rd party companies make him before pulling the trigger.

I have one possible avenue lined up for a replacement Jonesy. If it comes to fruition I will post up a link/info. Probably looking at around $40-60 for a Jonesy.

The fact that HT actually listened to us on this thread, took extra effort and time to put out a detailed Ripley bodes well for a BC 2.0.

I see the mistakes on big chap, but its still an amazing fig!! will look great next to ripley.. i wonder how long i will take before someone does a lucky star version?

that was a reason why I had pre-ordered a second Ripley. I still may but want to see if I could get a second at a discount first.

Back