1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes: shirt details inside.

21587219_10155757591146663_9218128056519130869_o.jpg

(By Glenn Morgan)

Has anyone tried displaying her as she appears in the chestburster scene? Jumpsuit top off (presumably you'd have to tie it around her waist) with the shirt underneath showing completely?

alien_1979__29.jpg

I almost can't imagine a better display than the bottom pic above. It hides the crappy Jonesy likeness and Ripley looks like she froze after detecting the presence of the alien and is about to do the cliched "slow head turn" to see if he's there. :)

All that's missing is some goo dripping on her shoulder.

And yes: shirt details inside.

21587219_10155757591146663_9218128056519130869_o.jpg

(By Glenn Morgan)
wow, the fact that they made a new shirt and made a Dallas way back makes me wonder if a new Dallas is possible.

OMG I'm suffering... I ENVY ALL who have the figure... :gah:

21688240_10154823943401767_7020843851753176833_o.jpg
this is not a first picture where Ripley looks a little X-legged...

Nah my biggest criticism is the fig is too short. I done a quick height comparison with a few other figs (also in my vid). She is about half an inch shorter then the HT T-1000, she should be the same height if not a smidge taller. So yeah HT messed up her height, which is an easy thing to get right, so I am disappointed HT let this slip.
i discovered 1/6 leg extenders recently on ebay and successfully used them a couple of times, but... haven't seen them for female bodies yet. maybe one day.

IMG_5321.JPG

Does she have cloth panties underneath too? Though I guess if they did that then they probably would have had to go through the trouble of sculpting a new base body with a butt that's even flatter than a normal plastic figure which might be more trouble than it's worth, lol.

The sculpt in the videos a few pages back looks really good. Amazing what lighting and not being filmed on a potato does for a figure. So most everyone is happy now, yes?

Good video. Thanks for posting. I loled at you putting Jones in backwards. Sad when the ass of a cat is the best option as far as displaying it goes. hahaha

She is also short by the looks of it. :(

Even if the clothes would allow it I don't think ankle extenders are a great option when there isn't a way to correspondingly increase the length of the thighs.

Additional buttons? Hopefully the corresponding pieces of the snaps that are missing on the right side of her shirt. Guess we'll have to glue them. Fantastic figure.

Back