1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the hell is Ripley (1979) at the sdcc? This is ridiculous, no update on her whatsoever, only a really bad quality photo of her in a shoe store and now this? What's going on? :/

Is this some kind of sick joke? I can't believe how Hot Toys is disrespecting such an iconic character and their customers...

I can't understand that somebody has taken pictures of this shoe shop, but no close-ups or something like that. I think this people are laughing right now.

So they've got the Aliens Ripley and Power Loader on display, (which I thought was a myth at this point) but no Alien Ripley. I'm so confused.

Why would anybody expect that they would have this at the show? Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but it's an imminent release. No reason to be showing it.

Chat started: 2017-07-13 07:10 PM UTC

(07:10:31 PM) Kenneth: Any word on Ellen Ripley? I realize you must be getting this question a lot. I really want to add this figure to my Alien collection, but one more month it will be a year since preorder payments started. It's getting frustrated. Having our money all this time and telling us to just keep waiting is wrong
(07:12:03 PM) Sideshow Support: Hang tight, we're running a bit slower than normal. Thanks for your patience!
(07:12:13 PM) *** Kimberly joined the chat ***
(07:12:38 PM) Kimberly: Hi there, Kenneth! Just what you see online. Once we have more info, like a shipping date, we can update our collectors via email :)
(07:16:06 PM) Kenneth: Typical response. Do you even try to find out what is up with Hot Toys? What the issue is? Information you could share with your customers? You distribute their product so it's the very least you could do.
(07:19:00 PM) Kimberly: i am sorry you feel that way Kenneth. Any non proprietary information has already been shared with our customers.
(07:19:37 PM) Kimberly: right now she is still scheduled to arrive before August but we do not, as of yet, have a ship date from Hot Toys: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-ellen-ripley-hot-toys-902230/
(07:26:02 PM) Kimberly: Is there anything else we can help you with today?
(07:26:25 PM) Kenneth: No thanks. Pointless conversation.
(07:26:38 PM) Kimberly: Thank you so much for contacting us and have a wonderful day!
(07:26:41 PM) *** Kimberly left the chat ***

... I'm so confused.
... what's happening?
Hot toys!! Why does thou forsake us????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadnessRipley.jpg

SST's customer service folks are top notch. No reason to be ****** to them. I'm sure if they had any info to give, they'd cough it up. This whole mess rests on Hot Toys' shoulders.

SST's customer service folks are top notch. No reason to be ****** to them. I'm sure if they had any info to give, they'd cough it up. This whole mess rests on Hot Toys' shoulders.

Yeah, if that's real, that's a bit ridiculous. Can't believe someone would post that here, to show that they're rude to customer service reps? She's obviously not shipping from Sideshow until late August/September at the earliest given that she hasn't been released in Hong Kong yet.

Why would anybody expect that they would have this at the show? Can't believe I'm actually saying this, but it's an imminent release. No reason to be showing it.

This is what I expect as well. But they are showing some that are about to be released from other licenses (RO Jyn Erso/TFA Luke). But it's pretty common practice from Sideshow to not display imminent releases--they usually show an item at one SDCC and then don't bother the next year as usually it's going to be released soon, these are about promoting new products more than things people saw and ordered a year ago.

Yeah, if that's real, that's a bit ridiculous. Can't believe someone would post that here, to show that they're rude to customer service reps? She's obviously not shipping from Sideshow until late August/September at the earliest given that she hasn't been released in Hong Kong yet.

This is what I expect as well. But they are showing some that are about to be released from other licenses (RO Jyn Erso/TFA Luke). But it's pretty common practice from Sideshow to not display imminent releases--they usually show an item at one SDCC and then don't bother the next year as usually it's going to be released soon, these are about promoting new products more than things people saw and ordered a year ago.

And FWIW, I don't see the Suicide Squad Harley in any of the pics (the jail outfit version, yes, but not the original version) and we know she is out, and soon to come from SST, so I'd also not use Rip's absence as a reason to totally despair just yet.

(07:10:31 PM) Kenneth: Any word on Ellen Ripley? I realize you must be getting this question a lot. I really want to add this figure to my Alien collection, but one more month it will be a year since preorder payments started. It's getting frustrated. Having our money all this time and telling us to just keep waiting is wrong
(07:12:03 PM) Sideshow Support: Hang tight, we're running a bit slower than normal. Thanks for your patience!
(07:12:38 PM) Kimberly: Hi there, Kenneth! Just what you see online. Once we have more info, like a shipping date, we can update our collectors via email :)
(07:16:06 PM) Kenneth: Typical response. Do you even try to find out what is up with Hot Toys? What the issue is? Information you could share with your customers? You distribute their product so it's the very least you could do.
(07:19:00 PM) Kimberly: i am sorry you feel that way Kenneth. Any non proprietary information has already been shared with our customers.
(07:19:37 PM) Kimberly: right now she is still scheduled to arrive before August but we do not, as of yet, have a ship date from Hot Toys: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-ellen-ripley-hot-toys-902230/
(07:26:38 PM) Kimberly: Thank you so much for contacting us and have a wonderful day!

gsIa2qm.gif

It's HT's fault she's not shipping, not Sideshow's. No reason to be snippy at or blame Sideshow's Customer Service reps. If HT hasn't shipped to Sideshow, there isn't anything Sideshow can do about it. They're just a distributor.

Our irritation is certainly justified, but we should aim it at the proper source.

I for one won't judge you on this exchange with Sideshow. I bet in real life you're actually a pretty nice guy.

Back