1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My diorama:

ec6f2458a02e3ab2dc6478d3abc6ebda.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I really think Covenant bombing really screwed us over with this. If it was a runaway hit you know HT would be putting out a lot easier when it comes to the Alien side of things.

I can kiss that sweet power loader goodbye now :mad:

Well, Hot Toys finally beat me down, and I have capitulated. Ripley cancelled, Iron Man mark 7,356 version 4.0, die cast, light up, talking figure with action chop feature, spring loaded missiles, googly eyes, real hair, and jointless, anatomically correct rubber human body ordered.

I really think Covenant bombing really screwed us over with this. If it was a runaway hit you know HT would be putting out a lot easier when it comes to the Alien side of things.

I can kiss that sweet power loader goodbye now :mad:

You're giving them too much credit imo, they simply don't care about anything that isn't Disney (Marvel, Star Wars, etc.) or DCEU stuff right now, they're too busy setting up huge displays in malls and **** for Spider Man and Star Wars to care about the core licenses and fans of those licenses that put them on the map in the first place. They feel like they're doing good by us to release one Terminator related figure, one Alien related figure, and one Predator related figure per year, meanwhile there's what 20 different Stormtrooper and Iron Man figures released per year lol.

I almost wish the franchises would stop releasing the new, generally awful films, that way there would possibly be a slight chance HT would release classic characters like the USCM, Bishop, Newt, John Connor, Kyle Reese, the mercs from Predator, etc. instead of Genysis crap, AvP crap, Covenant crap, The Predator crap, etc.

Still fishing for replies, I see.

Im not fishing for replies. I was responding to his post...

I want this figure too. I would love them to make a Big Chap 2.0 as well.

But it isnt some big conspiracy that they havent released this. And it certainly isnt because Alien Covenant bombed.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

"You better just start dealing with it, Alien(s) collectors! Listen to me! Alien(s) Collectors, just deal with it, because we don't need you and I'm sick of your ********..."

9928978694_bd5cb79d5c_z.jpg

In a way i dunno. I can't really blame Hot Toys because they are just following what is popular and what makes them money. If we're realistic about it Alien was made in what 1979? Thats nearly 40 years ago and although i wish Hot Toys would focus on the licenses from the 80's i think the further we move away from that time period the more the fanbase for those films tapers off. Its a new generation in fact its been 4 generations since that movie was made so on one hand although i hate what they doing on the other hand i see it from a business persepective and it makes sense.

I think that we're going to be extremely lucky if in the next few years Hot Toys deals with any 80's licenses at all. Its just the way have gone in the last few years. If you looking for those licenses other companies will have to do because Hot Toys are no longer doing them.

Last edited:
In a way i dunno. I can't really blame Hot Toys because they are just following what is popular and what makes them money. If we're realistic about it Alien was made in what 1979? Thats nearly 40 years ago and although i wish Hot Toys would focus on the licenses from the 80's i think the further we move away from that time period the more the fanbase for those films tapers off.

And yet NECA

If you looking for those licenses other companies will have to do because Hot Toys are no longer doing them.

NECA

I know, not high end

Last edited:
Well, Hot Toys finally beat me down, and I have capitulated. Ripley cancelled, Iron Man mark 7,356 version 4.0, die cast, light up, talking figure with action chop feature, spring loaded missiles, googly eyes, real hair, and jointless, anatomically correct rubber human body ordered.

cf6609b7666de41ccc97d3338a4ef0a1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a $30 Alien figure has a wider market than a $200 high end one.

I dunno, when Hot Toys insists on putting out inaccurate, rubber Aliens that deteriorate from the get-go; when they announce a solitary Ripley figure that they still haven't released 3 years later - I'm not sure we can say for sure that the market is too limited. They're not exactly serving the license well...almost seems like they're wilfully sabotaging it in fact.

Last edited:
The "Alien Girl" was announced about 6 months after Ripley and it came out first. Hahaha

Back