1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head sculpt is fine. I imagine painting a couple thousand heads takes time, especially since she probably keeps getting bumped for more comic book figures. They need to rework the damn wrists.

You guys don't think they've sent this one back into cryosleep ?

nah they're fixing Jonesy's sculpt..... :rolleyes2

I do however think they are not gonna do the new power loader and Aliens Ripley. Its been too damn quiet from that area.

they will cite the luke warm reception of the Warrior 2.0 release to **** can anything further from the 'Alien' line. Besides Marvel and DC are carrying them now, with more of those movies out they just simply do not care about the core Sci-Fi licenses such as Alien, Terminator or Predator.

So by HT canning it, they just did me a favor, made my Hudson and Ripley go up in value somewhat (hopefully!)

Well, it's official.. my interest in 1/6 figure collecting has extinguished before this ****ing thing has even been released onto the market.

It's probably a good thing anyway, because I've become completely priced out of this hobby now; HT & SW is like McDonalds going crazy in full happy meal toy overload, & I was kinda keen on a few pieces, but ehh, not so much now. I'm not paying $400 for any doll - even if it's the penultimate Vader to end all thoughts of a version 4, 5 or beyond. :lol

The rest of the licenses don't have anything in the pipeline that remotely interests me anymore. Marvel / DC is a mixed bag with character interpretations, & general QC on the these figures is a joke. I might just hang in there & try to snag a bargain on the HT RoboMurphy set when I can, & maybe '66 Batman & Robin, then sit on the sidelines & settle for enjoying the pretty promotional pictures for future releases. :lol

Last edited:
Well, it's official.. my interest in 1/6 figure collecting has extinguished before this ****ing thing has even been released onto the market.

It's probably a good thing anyway, because I've become completely priced out of this hobby now; HT & SW is like McDonalds going crazy in full happy meal toy overload, & I was kinda keen on few pieces, but ehh, not so much now. I'm not paying $400 for any doll - even if it's the the penultimate Vader to end all thoughts of a version 4, 5 or beyond. :lol

The rest of the licenses don't have anything in the pipeline that remotely interests me anymore. Marvel / DC is a mixed bag with character interpretations, & general QC on the these figures is a joke. I might just hang in there & try to snag a bargain on the RoboMurphy set when I can, & maybe '66 Batman & Robin, then sit on the sidelines & settle for enjoying the pretty promotional pictures for future release.

I can understand where your coming from but I'm still looking forward to Ripley, she is the most important character in the whole series and is a must for fans of the franchise. It sucks to keep getting delays but that's par for the course with hot toys especially with starwars, marvel and DC taking the spotlight. I'm sure your excitement will come back shortly after its released.

It's probably a good thing anyway, because I've become completely priced out of this hobby now; HT & SW is like McDonalds going crazy in full happy meal toy overload, & I was kinda keen on a few pieces, but ehh, not so much now. I'm not paying $400 for any doll - even if it's the penultimate Vader to end all thoughts of a version 4, 5 or beyond. :lol

The rest of the licenses don't have anything in the pipeline that remotely interests me anymore. Marvel / DC is a mixed bag with character interpretations, & general QC on the these figures is a joke. I might just hang in there & try to snag a bargain on the HT RoboMurphy set when I can, & maybe '66 Batman & Robin, then sit on the sidelines & settle for enjoying the pretty promotional pictures for future releases. :lol

I'm right with you red 3.

Back in 2010 when I first jumped in, it was different; companies were stepping up with how these figures were being produced, & although 1/6 scale figures have been around for decades, once the Bank Robber Joker & the first T2 Arnold hit the scene, I was blown away. Despite the GFC taking effect in varying ways globally at the time, buying high end figures was still a reasonably do-able thing.

Now, things couldn't be any more opposite. You've got product piling up like landfill, prices through the roof, no accountability from these companies for disappointing production figures, & no real engaging reason to invest in them.

I've actually gotten back into retro gaming, & that's basically replaced my interest in collectibles now.

Last edited:
Ripley should sell well as it is a rare nostalgic HT releases in a catalog of new Marvel, DC and SW movies. There are collectors (including myself) where these characters are the epicentre of our collections. I am very please with my “lean” HT collection and welcome her to be a part of it. (DISCLAIMER – please don’t turn out to look like Bruce Banner, Ichabod Crane, John Matrix etc)

Back