1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Yeah i have to say the wait time on this figure is ridiculous. Its what nearly 3 years or at least 2 since they announced this figure. Meanwhile the millionth iron man and star wars figures are being released. Its obvious that the licences which once made hot toys so popular are now on the backburner as star wars, marvel and dc comics takes the front seat. I suppose this is to be expected given the amount of time which has passed since alien was made but disappointing to see the franchise being treated like this by HT nonetheless.

I do agree with you collectorguy the wait has also severly dampened my enthusiasm for the figure and i don't even think with other commitments i'll pick it up now either..

Last edited:

Well, if people don't pick this one up then there's no way we are getting more...
On another note, Alien Covenant is coming out next year. If it's a hit we might see more.

Yeah i have to say the wait time on this figure is ridiculous. Its what nearly 3 years or at least 2 since they announced this figure. Meanwhile the millionth iron man and star wars figures are being released. Its obvious that the licences which once made hot toys so popular are now on the backburner as star wars, marvel and dc comics takes the front seat. I suppose this is to be expected given the amount of time which has passed since alien was made but disappointing to see the franchise being treated like this by HT nonetheless.

I do agree with you collectorguy the wait has also severly dampened my enthusiasm for the figure and i don't even think with other commitments i'll pick it up now either..

I have been very patient with what I add to my collection. It appears more time goes by between each purchase. My latest was Batman Returns and Ripley is next in line (followed by Blitzway Venkman). Im not jumping into anything “new” Star Wars as were only at the tip of this iceberg and this universe will be just to huge years down the road. I would rather turn my back on it now.
In many ways this is good news. Im old School and nostalgia is a huge part of my collecting excitement NOT collect anything in the “The Next New Movie” line. Anyways it feels like guys like me will slowly start to fade away of the 1/6 market. Not saying I’m out. I’ll just keep my ears to the streets!!

I cannot believe how little attention this figure has gotten since it was teased to us 2-3 years ago at a convention...just saddens to me to think that the Terminator-line is so praised and is from the 80s, right around the same time as this movie (1979 & 1986) and the lack of attention to detail or want of detail is missing for this figure. 2-3 years...smh

Its because hardly anyone in Asia gives two you know what's about classic Action Adventure movies from the 80's, Excluding Star Wars. So HT just make half assed attempts at those figs, thinking Commando, PS Terminator. Having said that the Robocop figures are very good.

Well, if people don't pick this one up then there's no way we are getting more...

People won't pick her up because she doesn't look like the character portrayed by Sigourney Weaver in the classic Alien movie.

On another note, Alien Covenant is coming out next year. If it's a hit we might see more.

Ordering figures from the upcoming - and potentially god awful - movies (vide Prometheus) is a really silly idea.

I can't imagine we'll be seeing any further figures from the Alien movies beyond the inevitable Big Chap 2.0...

That said, I'll be content with this Ripley, my old Big Chap 1.0 and Dallas and Kane in spacesuits as my A L I E N prayer space on the detolf.

really waiting fir this bigchap 2.0

Yeah big chap 2.0 is the one I'm hoping for.

If a big chap 2.0 looks at least like the Medicom 12" with screen accurate hands and paint job, I'll be satisfied enough...it it looks like the artfx or the Sano I'll be happy...

i would like the koto bigchap in 1/6 or 1/4 scale....just like it is buy in a bigger scale.

about ripley's figure, when will hot toys show the fibal product? all we have seen since now is the prototype, isn't it? and the figure is suposed to be send between november and january.

yeah, they started A2 and Ripley at the same time, A2 is our shelves long ago, and Ripley doesn't even have a production figure yet.

about ripley's figure, when will hot toys show the fibal product? all we have seen since now is the prototype, isn't it? and the figure is suposed to be send between november and january.

If it's due November then you'll probably see it in November, when it'll release.

People won't pick her up because she doesn't look like the character portrayed by Sigourney Weaver in the classic Alien movie.

Ordering figures from the upcoming - and potentially god awful - movies (vide Prometheus) is a really silly idea.

Not sure this comment makes any sense. If Alien Covenant is a success, it would make the interest for the classic movies bigger as well and therefor better business for HT to produce.

I was thinking about just getting the headsculpt, but, after thinking about it, I might as well use my reward points and just get the whole thing. I seriously doubt there will ever be anything else I'll want to use the points on, because I've had them for about five years now.

Not sure this comment makes any sense. If Alien Covenant is a success, it would make the interest for the classic movies bigger as well and therefor better business for HT to produce.

While I liked Prometheus, I have a funny feeling that Covenant won't be as good. Any 'direct tie in' to the first film from what I've heard 'could' be, is kinda meh....or at least to me it is...It would still be nice to see more of the original crew done by HT, as well as new marines.

Back