1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

How do you reboot Alien where it isn't ''just another monster'' movie

Exactly. Which is why those god-awful AVP movies NEVER should have been made. Everyone involved in the making of those should die in a car fire.

It was actually a grappling hook and I DO think (because they have her likeness rights) they will do a LS Rip -- that Moebius suit and helmet design is a marvel of modern art and because it was a final battle scene it will give HT an opportunity to do an Alien 2.0.

Seems when HT does get likeness rights ( e.g. Weaver's) they roll them out in multiples ( Arnuld, Nicholson, etc.)

Yes that's right. Geesh I am getting old and forgetting the correct words....Thanks pjam.:duff

I'm sure it'll be rebooted entirely in the next five or six years. They'll probably use the Star Trek model of alternate reality/timeline, I bet.

They'll spend so much energy tying themselves into logic knots trying to make sense of it that they'll forget how simple and straight forward the Alien movies really should be. And instead of making something new and original, they'll whiz a beloved old franchise down their leg.

Because if there's a wrong-headed decision to be made, Hollywood's the town it'll be made in.

Sigh.

(You wouldn't know it, but I LOVE movies. The industry ... well, not as much.)

All that said, I would LOVE a final battle space suit Ripley and Big Chap!

Exactly. Which is why those god-awful AVP movies NEVER should have been made. Everyone involved in the making of those should die in a car fire.

A tad harsh, but at the same time I am now pssing myself laughing at the basic truth of it. :rotfl

How do you reboot Alien where it isn't ''just another monster'' movie

Well, Alien itself is "just another monster movie"... it just had a young and inspired director, a great cast and fantastic visual talent.
So hopefully, when they reboot it we get something close to that.

Well, Alien itself is "just another monster movie"... it just had a young and inspired director, a great cast and fantastic visual talent.
So hopefully, when they reboot it we get something close to that.

Yeah, that usually happens.

There are certain series' that should just be left the **** alone.

This is one of them.

There should be a law passed that forbids re-imaginging/rebooting/remakes. Sure there are quite a lot of good ones but on the whole I think it would be for the better.

No one would come up with the idea to do a remake of a famous book (I know there are sequels to gone with the wind and stuff but that's not really the same thing), why should we do it with movies? Come up with an original idea dammit. Even a blatant rippoff is better than a stinker that only even gets made because it rides on the hype of the great original.

Leaving ALIEN alone has been out the window since Cameron revamped the alien biology... and it has been evolving in a poor state ever since.

Don't get me wrong, I like Aliens as much as you guys, but it did change alot of what had been previous 'alien' understanding. The more the mystery gets worked out, the less interesting the alien becomes. And movies, books, comics ... and the ridiculous Alien vs Predator has been destroying the alien majesty for a long time. I have no problem with a reboot or sequel or spin-off.

What I'd really like is a whole new alien creature that has nothing to do with this one. A whole new idea. Something fresh... even though I know branding won't allow for fresh/new/innovative.

I can't wait for branding to have a negative connotation when the new generation grows up.

The problem with the “Alien” franchise is the “Xenomorphs” became “shoot em up / infestation ” creatures. In some ways the Cameron killed the uniqueness of the beings. Granted I loved Aliens and would not have it done any other way but “infestation” is what other movie makers took and went with as a backdrop to other inferior instalments!!

IMO Alien 3 “Bull Alien” edition has aged well through time. I hated Alien 3 walking out of the theatres back in the day. But I seem to enjoy the Assembly Cut each time I watch it while less interested in Aliens with each viewing. Maybe the reason is I’m bored with “shoot em up” Aliens that the AVP movies have added.

I don't know. Aliens brought in a certain Majesty that you wouldn't be without now. She may not have the rapist wit of the '79 creature but she's got it where it counts.

I'll puke when I see a press release saying something like

24TH SEPTEMBER, HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - 20TH CENTURY FOX AND BRANDYWINE PRODUCTIONS PLAN NEW VISION OF ITS LANDMARK ALIEN FRANCHISE WITH VISIONARY FILMMAKER LEIGH WHANNELL AT THE HELM

I'm so sick of interviews where terms like 'gritty', 'grounded', 'reimagining' and 'closer to the original vision' are tossed about. I hate Hollywood these days.

I don't know. Aliens brought in a certain Majesty that you wouldn't be without now. She may not have the rapist wit of the '79 creature but she's got it where it counts.
I think the Han Solo paraphrasing only goes so far man.. :lol

Agreed regarding the 'bug' comments - it lessened it's menace quality somewhat. Still love ALIENS though.

While Prometheus might be considered a very poor copy of ALIEN to some extent, I think there's a lot of potential with at least one more sequel there. Noomi is a little ****ing legend, & just seeing her as Shaw again getting caught up in a new threat to her / everything, is worth another stab in my books.

I also had a Dumb and Dumber reference in there though. Did ye see it? Did ye see it? It also tied into the conversation that was had a few pages back.

The Alien in Alien was a bug. Let's not forget all those damn eggs in the nest when the Nostromo crew arrived,

egg-room.jpg

Cameron simply added a queen and made it plural instead of singular. These changes weren't really there to mess with the dynamics of the mythos, but really, adding a mother vs. mother theme at the end between Ripley and the queen.

Besides, it's not like Ridley Scott did his own universe any justice with Prometheus. I'd rather have animalistic, hive minded aliens than the mysterious origin of the eggs, engineer, spacecraft of LV-426 being big, godly, albino super babies that were simply making black goo, doomsday creatures to kill off mankind (or whatever).

I also had a Dumb and Dumber reference in there though. Did ye see it? Did ye see it? It also tied into the conversation that was had a few pages back.
I'm sorry, I missed the D&D reference. :lol

What was the link?

The Alien in Alien was a bug. Let's not forget all those damn eggs in the nest when the Nostromo crew arrived..
So.. what about Platypuses, reptiles & birds - are they bugs too?

Cameron simply added a queen and made it singular instead of plural.

What.gif

Back