1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it's a one piece.
don't persuade me, i know that. the image is for those who are still uncertain :)

FBEO0Np.jpg

definitely sleeves around the belt.

could it be not pants but the suit hanging down from upper half, with sleeves tied around the belt?
i think that's what is seen on this photo where she is in "just the white shirt" as you describe:

games-alien_isolation_jpeg-087_8646600_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

^^^ Yep, it's this. My only real complaint is that I wish the jumpsuit was a thinner material like what Blitzway is using on their Ghostbusters. I honestly don't think the head sculpt looks that bad, especially compared to some other upcoming figures like the BTTF2 Marty or Doc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen people criticise the Doc sculpt (one guy completely nailed what's wrong with that one with a PS mod) but I thought people were generally happy with that Marty sculpt.

I've seen people criticise the Doc sculpt (one guy completely nailed what's wrong with that one with a PS mod) but I thought people were generally happy with that Marty sculpt.

I think people do seem happy with the Marty sculpt and I don't get it at all, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I get the impression if hot toys went totally accurate with the white shirt it would make her appear too bulky under the jumpsuit. The white shirt has the shoulder straps, thick pockets and rolled sleeves. That would surely show through the jumpsuit on this figure and wouldn't look right. IMG_5275.JPG

could it be not pants but the suit hanging down from upper half, with sleeves tied around the belt?
i think that's what is seen on this photo where she is in "just the white shirt" as you describe:

Yep, confused me as she appeared in more than one scene with no apparent jumpsuit top.

am i the only one here who never cared about wtf Ripley was wearing? o_O

I don't care as such but, as always, I would defer to the guys who seem to know more about it and I would want them to get their criticisms addressed because ultimately it would mean a better figure for all.

no-no, i really appreciate all that input people provide!
it's just i feel this way for the first time: not "how can you ignore the inaccuracy" but "how the hell did you notice that at all and why is it a problem".
walking in others' shoes and feeling really weird :lol
thus my question: am i the only one in this thread who doesn't care about buttons on her shirt? well at least i can feel unique :yess:

I don't really care if it's accurate right down to the stitch, but, aesthetically, the costumes in Alien were just as interesting as the set and creature design. I actually bought some art books just because I liked the costumes the crew wore. I'm not a button counter, but I do care about how it looks overall. Would be cool if they included the white shirt as an accessory for a different look like they did the two shirts with MMS117, or the whole extra wardrobe for T-1000.

...but, aesthetically, the costumes in Alien were just as interesting as the set and creature design.
f3d58c1065a10699e6c7d31a7b002ab7.jpg

thank you! after this phrase i finally understand why i don't care about her suit details.
it's because i hate 70ths/early 80ths idea of clothes design in sci-fi movies - star wars/blade runner were always best examples, but i never tried to think the same about alien :lol

i mean, really - bleh.

looks as uncomfortably ugly as

french-louis-xiv-costumes-0501.jpg

f3d58c1065a10699e6c7d31a7b002ab7.jpg

thank you! after this phrase i finally understand why i don't care about her suit details.
it's because i hate 70ths/early 80ths idea of clothes design in sci-fi movies - star wars/blade runner were always best examples, but i never tried to think the same about alien :lol

i mean, really - bleh.

looks as uncomfortably ugly as

french-louis-xiv-costumes-0501.jpg

Actually, I think the clothes in Alien look remarkably comfortable, like any workman's clothing... :dunno

so who's gonna be the first to do a Narcissus Ripley tank top/panties from this? :D bet at least one of the Phicen bodies should match the head sculpt color mostly....

P. dammit... you disappoints me! ;-)
well some don't like T1 clothes for "too 80ths" and i don't like 70ths :lol depends on age i guess.

Actually, I think the clothes in Alien look remarkably comfortable, like any workman's clothing... :dunno
:dunno i was a worker on a thermal power plant and cannot see myself in such tight clothes as they wore in Alien. restricts movements so much that it's dangerous. like damn office clothes nowadays (hate them).
anyway i meant the overall view.

so who's gonna be the first to do a Narcissus Ripley tank top/panties from this? :D bet at least one of the Phicen bodies should match the head sculpt color mostly....
ominous smile of HT headsculpt and... well-developed humps and curves of Phicen bodies won't fit the scene :lol

ive lost around 40 bucks on this figure because of pre-ording and canceling. In the end its just not HT's best

Back