1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah I do wonder if any of those MIB powerloaders from that time (which are now 10yrs old!) how well those hoses are holding up, even if they were never installed/built. Sitting in the box, they may still come apart! My luck I'll decide to get one/make offer and then they will actually re-release it. But I think that is HIGHLY unlikely. Nearly all of my Cy-Girls pleather outfits have deteriorated miserably, and those are from approx same time so I can imagine what hoses kept in the box in a plastic tray will be like!

yeah I do wonder if any of those MIB powerloaders from that time (which are now 10yrs old!) how well those hoses are holding up, even if they were never installed/built. Sitting in the box, they may still come apart! My luck I'll decide to get one/make offer and then they will actually re-release it. But I think that is HIGHLY unlikely. Nearly all of my Cy-Girls pleather outfits have deteriorated miserably, and those are from approx same time so I can imagine what hoses kept in the box in a plastic tray will be like!

I still have mine and it is still on display. The problem with the hoses was the plastic nubs they connected to would break off. I replaced all mine last year with machined metal ones that a member here offered as a kit. It was expensive but worth it. In the process, I was pleased to discover that the actual hoses themselves have held up quite well. No cracking or deterioration.

d1cc50dcfdbfe09e32842f6469ff779f.jpg

That's the kit that I was referring to, DBoz.

It's definitely nice but too pricey for me. I ended up using brass rod cut to size.

The hoses are in perfect shape. The only improvement I could see HT doing would be to change the noisy spinning light at the top with an LED and better motor. Paint apps are not bad but could be improved.

I still have my Power Loader... Half of the hose nubs are sheered off and not fixed yet, but the rubber hose material itself is perfectly fine. I made some good mods to it; I fixed the torch gas hoses to be accurately zip-tied to the frame... I removed the white light filter in front of Ripley's face, and painted the inside of the yellow pipe black so the light doesn't cause the whole bar to glow from within... and I painted the whole interior of the motor chamber black to stop the same light bleed-through when the hazard light is on. It works like a charm. I also removed the black control keypad and re-attached it the right way up.

I gave Ripley a full grease-and-sweat job; stained her clothes, tore her shirt so it hangs down over one shoulder. I wanted to upgrade her head, but $150 was too much to pay for a so-so custom on ebay. I'll buy the new HT updated Ripley stand-alone figure if it ever gets released... unless I wind up selling this thing, which I might do. I have the NECA Power Loader & Queen, I like them, and HT will probably never give us a 1/6 queen anyway.

Last edited:
Hoping the delays could possibly have something to do with the fact that the white shirt on the Hot Toys figure does not have buttons/snaps, and that they're remedying this. Not likely, more to do with releasing around the time of Alien Covenant. But Hot Toys claims to be detailed obsessed. How they could have missed this not too small detail, no excuse. But just to get her OUT, I can over look this missed detail. IMG_5260.JPG

If they don't fix her shirt, there are other HT white button-up shirts on ebay that would work- I just hope they are improving the head sculpt, and they better get that double-faced digital watch right.

I've been hammering them for their lack of detail on this figure for months. The shirt also has pockets with pen holders, emblems, etc. They screwed up her watch, looks like they did a jumpsuit instead of separate shirt and pants, not to mention the shabby corset detail on her pants. In fact Ripley also wore an outer Nostromo jacket in the film, but I'll give them a pass on that.

SO disappointed with this effort for such an iconic figure. All they had to do was watch the damn movie.

Hoping the delays could possibly have something to do with the fact that the white shirt on the Hot Toys figure does not have buttons/snaps, and that they're remedying this. Not likely, more to do with releasing around the time of Alien Covenant. But Hot Toys claims to be detailed obsessed. How they could have missed this not too small detail, no excuse. But just to get her OUT, I can over look this missed detail. View attachment 323234

HT gathers all employees in meeting hall to recite company mantra....said 4x for effect....

'If it's not Iron Man or Star Wars, why should we make it....'

I've been hammering them for their lack of detail on this figure for months. The shirt also has pockets with pen holders, emblems, etc. They screwed up her watch, looks like they did a jumpsuit instead of separate shirt and pants, not to mention the shabby corset detail on her pants. In fact Ripley also wore an outer Nostromo jacket in the film, but I'll give them a pass on that.

SO disappointed with this effort for such an iconic figure. All they had to do was watch the damn movie.

This, really. Lost interest when it became apparent the outfit really isn't accurate to the on-screen wardrobe in so many ways, all of the above and even just the material. And it obviously wasn't about to become accurate after the reveal either. Shame. Still, money to spend on something else and all that :)

In the film ripley wears a white shirt under a blue-green jumpsuit .. its not 2 pieces

The way this figure has been constantly pushed off and dismissed, I see no reason to believe HT is putting any additional energy into it.

The only "improvement" would be if they actually released her and got it over with.

The way this figure has been constantly pushed off and dismissed, I see no reason to believe HT is putting any additional energy into it.

The only "improvement" would be if they actually released her and got it over with.

BUT we are getting a very screen accurate Belle from the new Disney film!!!!!!!!!!!:lol

Yeah, that's the attitude that I have as well. "Just release whatever you have and be done with it..."

I honestly think that Hot Toys is done with these old licenses and will only be releasing from new films, from now on.

It's pretty sad, as they have given us some amazing figures from these classics and ironically enough, as we've seen from Wor-Gar's "Best Figure Ever" thread, that it's these same classic lines that have provided some of the best figures from Hot Toys.

There are a few scenes where you can clearly see her wearing just the white shirt and pants.

could it be not pants but the suit hanging down from upper half, with sleeves tied around the belt?
i think that's what is seen on this photo where she is in "just the white shirt" as you describe:

games-alien_isolation_jpeg-087_8646600_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

it's these same classic lines that have provided some of the best figures from Hot Toys.

That's the sad fact: their best work is from 30 year old classics.

Granted, Ripley may not be as exciting as Robocop or Terminator, but it would be nice for HT to put some genuine effort into the characters besides the aliens that made that franchise so successful.

Back