1/6 1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien - Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Alien (Updated with new prototype HS)

Blade, you pretty much nailed it - Ripley is iconic. She's damn iconic! If I had a daughter, I'd have her middle name be Ripley. I just wonder how much of a market Ripley has to say an Iron Man figure, or a Marvel character. Be she's damn iconic man! Not to mention badass!!

You mean Asia, right? Probably about as much as RoboCop and Murphy. :lol

This is Ripley, man. We need her. Shaw and young Professor X aren't nearly as iconic as this character. They may take their time with it, but I have hope. Hell of a lot more likely to happen, considering all they've done with her so far, than other announcements they've made (which unfortunately include the 1/4 Predator and Dutch). Hell, I believe it took over two years to get the new Whiplash.

such a hopeful post. You are right we need her

What's going on with this figure and the Prometheus Shaw? I hope they have them at SDCC tomorrow.

:lol :lol

She's hanging out with Reynolds GL & the Arkham Joker.

giphy_zps1okwx92u.gif

Unless there is a preorder, having it at comic con will mean nothing. It will just mean that they enjoy watching us torture ourselves by holding on to hope that might never pan out...

And yet showing the figure at Comic Con could be an indication that they haven't abandoned plans for it. It could even mean (not a guarantee, obviously) that they're planning on finally putting up the preorder.

Was speaking with Action fig fury on twitter and apparently there is no Alien or Predator on display this year.

So Ripley will be like Batman Returns... 5 years between announcement and preorder.

Maybe this is a dumb question ... but I'm really asking ... if they brought her to SDCC last year, would they bring the same figure a second time? I wouldn't think that means they've pulled any plugs. Don't they only show new stuff at the cons? Have they ever shown the same figure two years in a row? It would seem to me not having her there this year is just a matter of space. Display space is precious at these things, so I would think they'd prefer to use it for newer stuff.

Back