1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will reserve judgement for when the reviewer photos come out, the lighting on this is bad.

Off the bat though... This figure has the wrong body type for Angelina and the robe could be better fitting.

They are out, head over to Plastic Enemies. Looks like a huge step-down from either proto.

They are out, head over to Plastic Enemies. Looks like a huge step-down from either proto.

Yeah I am going to likely cancel this one! It is unfortunate but I knew from the start this could be an iffy one. I will wait for more blog pics to roll in, but there are issues that even new photos will not overcome.

The body is not tall / thin enough. i imagine it is just the standard female body?

The paint also falls really flat.

I can't judge from these photos. The lighting is washing out the features.

I'm hoping Clipperking reviews it so I can decide what I think about this one. She'd look great on my super-villain shelf, but I need a better look at her.

I got to say it looks great! I still need to watch the film but I will probably pick up when it hits in stock.

Even with all the reviewer photos il not sure how I feel about this. Not jumping for joy but not really disappointed either...kinda just meh. Was really hoping for this to be astounding.

I've got to agree that it looks somehow off. However in my opinion the expression on the released version seems somewhat more movie accurate or "realistic" compared to prototypes shown. At least according to my eyes that is. Yes, it does not look perfect, but I think there is still some of that hot toys magic present.
11418_783058765100442_7052612765908348878_n.jpg

I think the sculpt is really amazing but paints are a bit off... her lips are defo need to be bigger!

On a side note I did the repaint of the Maleficent's doll to make her more Angie like :)

I have a feeling this will be one of those overproduced figures that I will wait to buy at next year's spook or black friday.

I have this feeling too. I think I made a mistake pre-ordering this with RP. I'm very close to just giving up the RP and letting this one go.

Haha, thanks grphyx1! I'm not taking any commissions at the moment but I will keep you posted. I'm considering selling this one but I'm not sure yet.

Back