1/6 Hot Toys Disney Maleficent - Angelina Jolie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the movie and it made me really want to see this reveal! I'm surprised it hasn't popped up yet, but I do hope it comes with the wings. I can see it being the standard outfit from the scene where she curses the baby; but I'd much prefer (as I'd think most who see the film) the winged version -- especially in the black outfit!

That said, I honestly loved the standard dress she wore in the first act before she became so angry. I know that's not what they'll make first, and I'm sure it'll never be made, but it would've been a great option nonetheless.

In the end I just really hope they add the wings -- even if they're detachable for those who don't want to use them! They're such a vital part of the character so far as this retelling goes. It's funny, the first thing I said to my wife after the movie ended was, "You know what movie sucked? Sleeping Beauty!" This movie really knocked it out of the park.

Sucked may be a bit harsh, especially since the animated film was made to be a "classic" fairy tale originally, with simply good and evil and all that jazz. I just really enjoyed the depth this film brought to Maleficent as a character. Her reasoning for doing what she did, and feeling so hurt and betrayed was handled incredibly well, and Jolie nailed it. It was quite the transition, and if the figure comes out right, it could look stunning. And even though they weren't in the particular scene that we believe they'll be basing the figure off of, it'd be an absolute shame to not have the wings included. Fingers crossed!

I just found this pic and went back a few pages and saw it too...looks like odds are there'll be no wings. One can hope that the outfit will be removable to reveal the black tighter fit with attachable wings........but that's really, really unlikely :) Ah well, that's quite unfortunate. Guess we'll wait and see how it looks!!

I prefer this modern day take on the Sleeping Beauty story. It always seemed to close to Snow White really with the falling into a sleep and only awakening with true loves kiss.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I can understand why they went with this one because of its iconic look....

But man, her look with the wings would make for an AMAZING HT figure.

Much like a lot of you I would prefer a winged version but that won't stop me from buying with or without wings. I thought Jolie was great in this role.

Winged would be great, but this is the image of Maleficent that is always shown and marketed and is the most familiar, so it's understandable they would go with this version.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok this film has been out for a few weeks now, how come they haven't revealed her yet?

But even then you would think they would have revealed her by now, when the film was released.

I said the same thing but my twin pointed out that the spiderman dude was revealed weeks after the movie was in theaters :( long wait for maleficent

Sure it's been released in most places already but as far as I know the movie doesn't release in HK until Late July which could be what HT is waiting for since they're hq is in HK

Film not big enough hit. Howard sticks Angelina proto in his desk drawer with Shaw from Prometheus, Xavier First Class and Smooth Criminal.
:lol

Back