1/6 Hot Toys Dark Knight Rises Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if they're holding back on Bane and Catwoman for spoiler reasons -- maybe the accessories give something away. So, they do a Joker and a vague Batman announcement. Or, maybe they'll all be announced in the coming weeks before the opening. I'm sure anything spoiler-ish will be held back, though.

SnakeDoc

I don't think so. Personally I think it's smart on them to squeeze in another Joker / Batman right before the movie. Then they can somewhat take their time on the rest given that the movie will be out and be fresh to the market. For many weeks too.

I guess I'm not a 1/6 Batman toy expert. Because I just don't see a difference yet in this new Batman figure and the old DX.

I hoped for two things for this re-release:

1) No more giraffe neck (not so skinny, not so long).
2) Bi-cep straps/plates lower.

It appears they did both of these things perfectly.

In addition, the gauntlets look awesome. Very accurate. Nearly identical to the Medicom figure. The cowl shape looks better too (although it's hard to see clearly in the teaser).

I'm glad the chest looks the same. That was perfect already on the DX02.

Honestly, this looks like the best of Medi and Hot Toys combined.

Oh yeah, the cape is still crap. But I fully expected that. Plus I have a pile of custom capes waiting to be used. :)

I envy you guys that picked up the dio. I've been looking at it for the past couple days, but its a pretty big chunk of cash for me. I decided to put it towards the possible Enterbay Batman instead.

I think that, judging by the Teaser, this new DX will encompass both films, and include accessories from both as well.

I hoped for two things for this re-release:

1) No more giraffe neck (not so skinny, not so long).
2) Bi-cep straps/plates lower.

It appears they did both of these things perfectly.

In addition, the gauntlets look awesome. Very accurate. Nearly identical to the Medicom figure. The cowl shape looks better too (although it's hard to see clearly in the teaser).

I'm glad the chest looks the same. That was perfect already on the DX02.

Honestly, this looks like the best of Medi and Hot Toys combined.

So it comes with a Commtech neck. :yess:

FINALLY I get a decent 1/6 Bats...I never picked up TDK Bats because I just didn't dig the suit as much as Medicoms, but I didn't want Medicoms because they tend to be undersized...I think I finally have my winner...I bet we see a PO for this by next Friday...:yess:

Medicom TDK figure wasn't undersized. Not sure why...

Can't wait for this. Makes missing out on the first DX so much easier. Really hoping for nearly everything from the DXv1 plus some new accessories. I don't need a new Bruce headsculpt but maybe some battle damaged options (HS and switchable armor?). I mean the market on these is een higher than IronMan. They should really go all out. Looks like they did with Joker v2 and the should with this as well.

I'm ok with only revealing these now but I fully expect we'll see Bane the week of the movie release as well as a CW tease. Then in the 6 months after Rises we'll see 5 more characters ala Avengers.

Since the Joker 2.0 comes with a table and chair. How cool would it be if the new Batman was a DX and came with the closet that his suit hangs up in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back