1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - A1 Outfit Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS Avengers: Endgame - A1 Outfit Captain America Collectible Figure

If they've improved the helmeted look I may pick that up when it's parted out, but otherwise this is a pass for me too.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS Avengers: Endgame - A1 Outfit Captain America Collectible Figure

b311a31240802273c4d6976f49de08bc.jpg

Helmeted sculpt looks exactly the same unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of think that this was just an easy way for HT to show another figure at SDCC. Old figure, new head equals "one of over 100 figures"... Could also be gauging interest, but that's never seemed their style. I've focused on Infinity War and Endgame characters and looks, but this would be a tempting look if they improved it a bit....

Just placeholder.

They've always doing this all the time.

Considering I passed on the original..I’m ready for this

Been holding off for a Captain America, now to decide if I want this one or the Endgame one

Been holding off for a Captain America, now to decide if I want this one or the Endgame one

I know, I'm in the same boat. As time goes on, I'm digging the A1 look more and more

I kind of think that this was just an easy way for HT to show another figure at SDCC. Old figure, new head equals "one of over 100 figures"... Could also be gauging interest, but that's never seemed their style. I've focused on Infinity War and Endgame characters and looks, but this would be a tempting look if they improved it a bit....

I agree it was most likely tossed out just for fun with no real plans to updated it. Howard has said that he does watch reactions at shows to see how much interest there might be in what they are showing. The problem with this one is there is nothing new. So nobody will be excited for it, Howard will say it's not wanted and we will never see it again.

I have the first and did have a newer HS on it for awhile (it's boxed up right now) so it's exactly what i had on my shelf years ago. If it was updated then Howard might see a more positive reaction.

If Howard paid attention to show buzz, we'd have a 1/6th Vulture on order right now.

I think he was there because Fat Thor was not ready so they just put A1 in its place. If this was a serious figure release they would have at least used a newer Cap body in the A1 suit.

I just want that one definitive Cap. It bugs me that there always seems to something wrong with the body and/or the head and/or the outfit and/or the shield :gah:

If Fat Thor wasn't ready why tease him in the run up to the show? He better be at Ani Com.

There are multiple cons through the upcoming season; HT isn't going to blow it's load entirely at SDCC. There's gotta be some incentive to check out the other shows.

Someone was mentioning that this figure didn’t have an actual tag next to it with a name and TBD price. If that’s the case, I’m actually getting the impression that this isn’t necessarily a figure that they intend to do, but just something they easily cobbled together using the new sculpt and parts from previous figures, and stuck him on an EG Cap base, simply just for show to add to their EG display. At least for now.

Someone was mentioning that this figure didn’t have an actual tag next to it with a name and TBD price. If that’s the case, I’m actually getting the impression that this isn’t necessarily a figure that they intend to do, but just something they easily cobbled together using the new sculpt and parts from previous figures, and stuck him on an EG Cap base, simply just for show to add to their EG display. At least for now.

Just saw a video of a live stream someone did. There is a Tag, but its low on the shelf. Says Jan-Mar 2019 on release date though. Pretty sure thats wrong however cause it would be out already, maybe they mean 2020? Anyway here is link to vid, look at 7:54 into video.

https://youtu.be/R8lOsvub6Fw

Is the suitcase for the scepter something new they made, or did a similar suitcase that they could use come with a previous figure?

A1 suit actually really tightfit. They clearly need picking a new material for suit. Probably same material they use for Spiderman Homecoming with less texture and upgrade bulkiness of body.

Back