1/6 Hot Toys - Artist Collection - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Artist Collection - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Figure (Specs + Pics)

I know their are several versions of this character I think takahara made some and medicom has one as well
Would be nice to get a comparison of them
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Dragon released one most recently, maybe a year or two ago. The Takara ones are very good, they had a female Panzer Cop as well.

This is a definite get for me, the armour alone is a thing of beauty!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Artist Collection - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Figure (Specs + Pics)

Jin roh all the way still a classic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

This figure is starting to grow on me. Armour takes a bit of getting used to since I'm much more familiar with the Panzer Cop design.

I'm liking the M712 Schnellfeuer with wooden holster/stock. And also the helmet display options.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Collectible Figure (Official Specs + Pics)

1779694_10151922413797344_793798703_n.jpg

1888463_10151922414267344_1910099283_n.jpg

I was hoping to see more accessories, oh well, I still love it! :drool

Where is this guy from? I've read the manga,watched Jin Roh and 2 live action movies, are there any more stories?

Yeah there a lot more stories actually. This one is from a radio drama called "Kerberos Panzer Jäger" which is set during World War II or more precisely the alternate history World War II where the Germans defeat the Russians at Stalingrad in 1942. This story sets up that alternate history that leads eventually to the Germans invading Japan.

Yeah there a lot more stories actually. This one is from a radio drama called "Kerberos Panzer Jäger" which is set during World War II or more precisely the alternate history World War II where the Germans defeat the Russians at Stalingrad in 1942. This story sets up that alternate history that leads eventually to the Germans invading Japan.

Awesome, yeah I'm familiar with the alternate universe lore, I actually have a bunch of Revoltech Kerberos figures, a little squad, but this guy didn't seem familiar.

Do you know of any other stories I can read or watch? I imagine the radio show was in Japanese right? :lol

Is anybody else tired of Hot Toys just remaking Japanese properties that have already been done. Dragon, Takara and Medicom have done figures of this property. I'm sure the price tag will be some outlandish price like $486-566. I was really hoping for something new but that does not seem to be where hot toys is heading. I would love it if they would do more anime properties like Grappler Baki, Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Guyver or Fist of the Northstar. Anything really unique would be a nice change. I'm tired of these rehashed productions and outlandish prices for articulated statues.

Is anybody else tired of Hot Toys just remaking Japanese properties that have already been done. Dragon, Takara and Medicom have done figures of this property. I'm sure the price tag will be some outlandish price like $486-566. I was really hoping for something new but that does not seem to be where hot toys is heading. I would love it if they would do more anime properties like Grappler Baki, Berserk, Ninja Scroll, Guyver or Fist of the Northstar. Anything really unique would be a nice change. I'm tired of these rehashed productions and outlandish prices for articulated statues.

Write to HT. Let them know.

Actual Specs:

Hot Toys – AC02 – Kerberos Panzer Jäger: 1/6th scale Protect Gear Collectible Figure Specification
~ Artist Collection ~
The 1/6th scale Protect Gear Collectible Figure’s special features:
- Original Protect Gear design
- Approximately 33 cm tall
- Body with 30 points of articulations
- One (1) head with mask and light-up function (red light, battery operated)
- One (1) sculpted head with coif and face of a Panzer Company trooper
- Six (6) interchangeable gloved palms including:
■ One (1) pair of relaxed palms
■ One (1) right palm for holding pistol
■ One (1) right palm for holding machine gun
■ One (1) left palm for holding machine gun
■ One (1) left palm for supporting machine gun

Costume:
- One (1) black shirt
- One (1) pair of black pants
- One (1) upper-body chainmail-like netting
- One (1) uniquely painted black colored full body Protect Gear armor
- One (1) pair of black boots
Weapons:
- One (1) machine gun with bipod
- One (1) pistol with stock
- Two (2) pistol ammo clips

Accessories:
- One (1) helmet
- One (1) carrying frame
- One (1) radio gear with antenna
- One (1) ammunition pack with ammo belt
- One (1) debris diorama base with abandoned helmet, mask, and Kerberos Panzer Jäger logo

Artists:
- Original Drama & Supervision: Mamoru Oshii
- Original Designer: Jun Suemi***
- Original Sculptors: Takayuki Takeya & Eisaku Kito
- Original Sculpt Producer: Satoshi Koizumi
- Sculpted by:
- Takashi Yamaguchi
- Masaaki Koseki
- Yong Kyum, Kim
- Jong Hyuk, Park
- Seung Min, Kang
- Hyeong Seok, Koh
- Yu Mi, Kim
- Painted by Yoong Young, Lee & JC. Hong
- Costume Designed by Hai Lim
- Special Thanks to KAZ & Kazuyoshi Hirose (BARQUE INC.)

Release date: Q3-Q4, 2014

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required

© 2006・2014 MAMORU OSHII / BARQUE INC.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

I don't think it's HT's problem since they followed the design for the Radio show.

This version is more like medieval armor hybrid. If you check around this design was supposed to be done by Dragon company or something, there were a few proto photos floating around few years back which look pretty similar to this.

That said the original Kerberos is more oldschool & neat. But new design has more details. I believe they are different faction of kerberos since you can see the oldschool helmet & mask on the floor.

I gotta agree. The old suit looks way better. I don't know why, but I'm not that impressed by Hot Toys work this time around. Takara did a much better job.

The updated Dragon cost like $100. And IMO even though it's not as good as Takara, it sure looks good, even in box it looks good.

Price.... north of USD 300. ....

Yeah it looks too much like Sauron from LOTRS or something.
I prefer the old 80's swat look.

I'll watch it but probably won't buy as of now.

this is a purchase for me but only if the price is within reason. very impressive looking figure though for sure.

What's up with sean long's name being plastered all over the URL?

Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - Artist Collection - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Figure

Well, that price sounds ridiculous. Sad, but I'm not even surprised at this point. Why not do something cool with Takeya, like Karas or Garo?

Back