1/6 Illang-The Wolf Brigade_Jin-Roh 人狼 Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyekye

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
This custom is based on 2018 Korean Movie called "Illang: The Wolf Brigade" (인랑)
which is based on 1999 Japanese animated film Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade (人狼 JIN-ROH)
which is based on Mamoru Oshii's manga Kerberos Panzer Cop and his wider Kerberos Saga (ケルベロス・サーガ).

Jin-Roh-The-Wolf-Brigade.jpg

Now that's lots of bases! LOL!!

Anyhow, this custom started when Kumik announced new head sculpt of "Gang Dong-won" who's the main character of the movie.

externalFile.jpg

I had a 3D model I was making before, but this made me get back to it.
Basically, I'm gonna make 2 Soldier characters from the movie.
This guy....
MV5BODhhOWQ2MTEtNzc3My00ZjY4LWE0ZjctYTFjYmRhYjM2NmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

And this guy.
illang-the-wolf-brigade_ephoto991202.jpg

They are both my favorite actors. Somehow the movie didn't turn out that great..(The lost focus in story line and topic), but the combat suit in the movie was fantastic!
Anyways, This is gonna be slow progress.

I started with my old 3D model I was working and added some details.
인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_00.png

인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_01.png

인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_02.png

인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_03.png

Place the parts for 3D Prints
Chitubox.png

And the parts came out nice, and painted primer
인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_04.png

Checking the parts size and thickness. They are gonna be linked with harness belts and clips..etc.
인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_05.png

인랑_Illang-The Wolf Brigade_人狼_WIP_07.png

Will be posting more when I get the belts all attached

Looks great so far. I'm surprised this version was never released
The action scenes in the movie are top notch.

Looks great so far. I'm surprised this version was never released
The action scenes in the movie are top notch.
Yeah. Probably because the movie flopped. Design and Acting were great. The movie story was problem. They should have followed the original story.

Looking GREAT!!!! I love the suit design in this movie, would love to have it in 1/6 but as said before, doubt it will be made because the movie was a flop and even fans of the Kerberos Panzer Cop saga did not like it much because the story change, is funny how they went overboard to begin the movie almost exactly as the animated movie...almost replicating in live action the sewer scenes....just to latter change course and plot...but still...action sequences where great.

Looking forward to see your completed figure, will be stunning!!...already look the part superb.

Probably a bad idea to sell these. These 3D resin parts are quite fragile and also lots of small pieces which is not good for recasting. Thank for the idea thou.
No problem and understand perfectly. I have experience with ultra fragile 3D printed and ultra brittle resin castings, they are no "fun" to work with but sometimes there is no other way or alternatives. Think I will proceed and scrachtbuilt in the near future the armor and other pieces from styrene plastic sheet thermo-form, brass plate and aluminum.

Your figures look absolutely magnificent and show superb detail, thanks for sharing and VERY happy to see this new version of the Kerberos Pander Cops made in 1/6 scale.

The action scenes were so dark that i did not realize the armor had so much difference from the previous armors.

movie wise i think it was pretty close to the jin roh storyline. i dont see why fans of original jin roh would complain are they expecting exact storyline? x50 times better than all the live action panzer cop movies previously done and probably one of the best live action adaption of japanese cartoon.

o
Love the armor details!

Here's my female Takara Jin Roh, with a custom head:
View attachment 650561

Looking forward to see the update on yours!!
only a headswap? i have half a dozen of panzer cop. kinda sick of cleaning the pleather and the loosened elastic band everytime i have time to fix one up...

btw which head is that? plug and play?

o

only a headswap? i have half a dozen of panzer cop. kinda sick of cleaning the pleather and the loosened elastic band everytime i have time to fix one up...

btw which head is that? plug and play?
Yes, and added a heavy gun that I bought on eBay.
This is one of the earliest Kumik head, when they really pay attention to quality.

would you consider selling the 3D model files? I’d LOVE to turn the female armor into a full scale cosplay!

Back