1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really wanted to you could get more extreme possess out of this guy, but chance of suit damage would be very high. Certainly pros and cons of v1 and v2, but I'll take a more accurate looking figure with less posability over the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The early Aliens had a lot of joint issues, but once they're fixed, they pose really well.

"your boy took a hell of a beating!"

Alien vs. Rocky, love it. "You thought I was tough, this guy'll kill ya!"

Literally.

:rotfl

I gotta say, as much as I absolutely love this figure I feel that HotToys once again fell short on delivering with the warrior. Things this piece needed:
- Extremely well pose ability
- Extra sets of hands
- 1 Alien Egg included for hive building

Maybe we'll get lucky with the Aliens Warrior 3.0 in 10 years...

An egg would have been nice considering its price and bare features. The hot toys egg needs a 2.0 as well!

When it became available early, I passed on the chance to settle up my payment plan early. It looks cool and all, but I am just in no rush. It doesn't look THAT cool that I need it now. I don't regret buying it though. Far from it. Just don't mind waiting another 5 weeks because in-hand pics/reports haven't blown me away...

I got mine today. I actually really love the detail put into it. I feel the price is as high as it is cause it's not something that can be really reused across other lines. (E.G. hands, base body...ect). The paint and sculpting detail is really very impressive. The articulation is limited due to the rubberized suit (PVC i think) but the look i think is still really very cool. All that being said, i am not the biggest Alien fan and i did just buy this piece to review. I got my normal 15% discount so i got him for less than retail for the work i'll do in making the video and i feel the 210 or so that i paid, is a good price for him. Considering as you guys mentioned, he doesn't really come with anything else in terms of accessories. I won't be keeping him in my collection but he's still pretty damn cool looking. I'd say if you can get him around the $200 price, he'd be worth it. Anyone wanna buy mine off me when i'm done reviewing him? lol

Just opened mine. The look of the piece is everything I could ever want, and is a 30 year dream come true for that little kid in me that always wanted a great Aliens warrior figure. In fact, wanting an exceptional Aliens figures is why I got into model kit building with the Halcyon kit line, which lead to my becoming a professional artist today helping make figures for companies like this.

While the paint isn't prop accurate, it does capture the on-screen look well. As much as I love the brown bone look, I probably won't repaint this. It is a great looking finish.

I am very pleased the body is not the typical Hot Toys decomposing silicon rubber I feared it would be, but is instead a vinyl material that may stand a chance of holding up over time, but even that may crack, rather than rot. The mouth area, unfortunately, is still the notorious HT rotting rubber, so I will likely never use the mouth opening mechanism again after having checked it out once or twice.

I wish it came with other hands or poseable fingers, but if these are all it comes with, it's the best pose overall for them.

Articulation on this is absolute crap. The 90% limit on the elbows isn't so bothersome, but the mere 30% shoulder range is bogus, but understandable given that they went with a better look than having articulation lines showing. Given the aesthetic of the hip/stomach area, I'll forgo the movement there, but I would have really much preferred jointed knees. You're not going to get much in the way of screen-action like poses out of this figure.

The tight, straight posture of the dorsal pipe, as opposed to being able to flare out a bit, bugs me the most, but they're behind him, so not an eyesore.

Overall I do really like this piece, and my inner child is satisfied after his 30 year wait for this figure. I do wish the base had been an egg hive instead of a repeat of what Ripley will have though, but that can be taken care of.

Yeah this guy doesn't have the articulation that i think a lot of people would want...but damn if he still doesn't pull off some great looks

New Movie (5).Movie_Snapshota.jpg

yep he doesn't. he looks worse than the worst behind the scenes shots of men in fat alien suits.

The day P. is happy with a sculpt is the day we should all be worried. Pretty sure that is one of the signs of the pending apocalypse.

But the figure is OK in my book. Worthy of ownership, but I doubt I'll find myself staring at it in adoration. Its OK.

The day P. is happy with a sculpt is the day we should all be worried. Pretty sure that is one of the signs of the pending apocalypse.

LOL! I like it, looks good. I've yet to order it though, better get to it.
I've been following your PR build threads, I'm about to start getting pieces together for my own build so I've been trying to save up for that.

I was going to sell this "bad boy” and buy the Warrior Alien but have decided against. The articulation/limbs on the Dog stand out in my collection beside the regular leg's. I just need to MOG POG and I should be good.

I like the HT Dog looks like a aging movie piece!! :wink1:

I hope that Sideshow July coupon code comes out soon. Funny he was released before being coupon eligible. That's a first for me. I don't remember a figure releasing this quickly after the initial reveal/pre-order.

i love what Neca does with its aliens (except for A1) very much. nothing happened yet :)
the only reason i don't get Neca instead of this is because they don't match my scale preference.
palisades A2 statue is superior to this one in every way possible, except for brown color and being a statue and not fitting my shelf.

so you should say "the day tsang refers to movies while making a sculpt is the day" and so on.

Last edited:
i love what Neca does with its aliens (except for A1) very much. nothing happened yet :)
the only reason i don't get Neca instead of this is because they don't match my scale preference.
palisades A2 statue is superior to this one in every way possible, except for brown color and being a statue and not fitting my shelf.

so you should say "the day tsang refers to movies while making a sculpt is the day" and so on.

All good man. I've come to appreciate your opinion as grounding (ie: don't get too happy) voice. Just busting balls.

Back