1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, I just got mine last month, really digging it despite the lack of articulation

30378932443_6053bec7ae_b.jpg

I have him posed almost the same way. I don't really mind the lack of articulation. Actually I really like this figure. Bring on Ripley and perhaps a proper BC.

I have him posed almost the same way. I don't really mind the lack of articulation. Actually I really like this figure. Bring on Ripley and perhaps a proper BC.

I want Ripley, she completes the shelf for me, I would like to see more made but if nothing else the Alien and Ripley represent the franchise for my collection.

Looks fantastic in that pic. The pose and the color are great.

Thanks, sculpt and paint is where this figure excels, articulation not so much:)

Loving the photos, keep them coming. Wish I could take photos as nice as you guys.

It's refreshing after so much negativity in this thread :)

Loving the photos, keep them coming. Wish I could take photos as nice as you guys.

It's refreshing after so much negativity in this thread :)

I agree, I get there's problems with the figure and they should be discussed, but popping on the thread just to throw a jab at someone's excitement for a new collectible takes the fun out of coming here.

Here's the only other pic I have at the moment worth posting

31647447142_7da4b8b977_b.jpg

I agree, I get there's problems with the figure and they should be discussed, but popping on the thread just to throw a jab at someone's excitement for a new collectible takes the fun out of coming here.

e65405bc74f5a0335659fdbc6c697d9fcffa70b632e93a1f73d7d7d8d47cef73.jpg

How prominent are the deterioration issues, especially if it's just popped in a cabinet with a museum-ish pose? I was going to pass based on a few of the rumours but some of the pictures here look fantastic. Watched Alien and Aliens back to back the other night and I'd never question the accuracy of the details on this figure. I can't remember getting a clear shot of the Alien for anything longer than a split second to really highlight any differences, unlike the Terminator films/figures for example. I'd have to analyse stills from the film. I appreciate that these cost a fortune however, so I completely understand why many would be frustrated. However, these expensive figures falling apart is another issue entirely.

How prominent are the deterioration issues, especially if it's just popped in a cabinet with a museum-ish pose? I was going to pass based on a few of the rumours but some of the pictures here look fantastic. Watched Alien and Aliens back to back the other night and I'd never question the accuracy of the details on this figure. I can't remember getting a clear shot of the Alien for anything longer than a split second to really highlight any differences, unlike the Terminator films/figures for example. I'd have to analyse stills from the film. I appreciate that these cost a fortune however, so I completely understand why many would be frustrated. However, these expensive figures falling apart is another issue entirely.

I don't think you'll have issues if you don't use the jaw extension... HT don't seem to learn, but I agree, it looks great on display.

Last edited:
How prominent are the deterioration issues, especially if it's just popped in a cabinet with a museum-ish pose?
looks like the only thing that can suffer is soft rubber: full lower jaw (and throat) + upper lip.
the body is made of a very resistant material that doesn't break or loose paint even though it went through cruel actions in my hands, like extensive bending, stretching, twisting.
well not stretching because it doesn't stretch (though i applied force and vector that could cause it), which only speaks well of its stamina.
if that material was used on ED-209 and Robocop, it would be so perfect.

I saw some of the issues with the upper lip, which I could probably live with. The entire lower jaw sounds problematic though. I might just take the plunge, especially if I can find it for a good price. I'll just call any deterioration "battle damage"... Thanks guys.

I saw some of the issues with the upper lip, which I could probably live with. The entire lower jaw sounds problematic though. I might just take the plunge, especially if I can find it for a good price. I'll just call any deterioration "battle damage"... Thanks guys.

There was one in the sales thread for only $170 the other day. Might still be there.

P. is right, the body is rather resilient. For the lips and jaws I used mod podge as a preventive measure. However once you used mod podge it is not advisable for you to open the jaws again.

On another note, I'm really digging the paint job. I like how Robban's photos showed off the brown shades while The Skull's photos are predominantly blue.

I pretty sure I'm wasting my time even responding on this but, I've known you on here for about 5 years or so now P. and even consider you as a friend of sorts, you know your franchises, Terminator, Aliens and Predator along with the details of the character designs. Sometimes people take your criticism the wrong way and I chalk that up to languish barrier and other times you are just crude. I like joking around to and poking fun at stuff on the forum from time to time myself which is what I assume your going for here.

But at some point you should have enough common sense to stop, you have an issue with a figure, you point it out, great, or reinforce your point, great, you discuss the issue, fine, you make your point known... OKAY we get it. Now is the time to move on, instead you just keep popping in to push your opinion in the most obnoxious way long after we all know it, after a while it gets old buddy. Let folks talk about the figure and enjoy the forum and the hobby and not have to subjected to ridicule because they like a figure you don't like.

We spend a lot of money on these fancy toys but in keeping in the spirit of your post

there-are-some-things-that-money-cannot-buy-like-manners-morals-and-intelligence-quote-1.jpg

Back