1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unbelievable. HT dropped Alien/Terminator like a hot potato once they got the Star Wars license. This used to be their bread-and-butter.

My original HT Big Chap still shows no signs of problems. Glad I kept it and skipped this one. I just had a feeling this was a cash grab.

I see what you mean, but at the end of the day the Big Chap has the same problem in a sense. Yes you can pose it, but you won't as the rubber will take damage over time. So, both my BC and my warrior ends up in the same straight up position.
It's a problem yes, but that warrior does look great on display anyways...

I see what you mean, but at the end of the day the Big Chap has the same problem in a sense. Yes you can pose it, but you won't as the rubber will take damage over time. So, both my BC and my warrior ends up in the same straight up position.
It's a problem yes, but that warrior does look great on display anyways...

Well the original on-screen alien was a bit of a stiff as it were anyway, so extreme posing for him is unnecessary to get an on-screen look. The incorrect designs on both negate each other. But then there's the mysterious deterioration in that video -- its just happening for no real reason. The Big Chap doesn't seem to have that issue.

Sometimes new advances just aren't as good as the old ways.

:lol

This posing demo basically amounts to turning him at the waist, widening his legs .2 centimetres, bending his knees fractionally, moving his tail...and that's amazing?

I realize they're trying to generate hype for a figure with underwhelming sales, but

:lol

This posing demo basically amounts to turning him at the waist, widening his legs .2 centimetres, bending his knees fractionally, moving his tail...and that's amazing?

yes that's amazing! it's a huge step up from Kenner aliens who couldn't widen legs or bend knees. be in awe of mechanical supremacy of HT.

no it doesn't. this figure is so bad that it made me love and buy Neca aliens - a smaller scale, presumed to be worse but actually being much more accurate and detailed.

I have both Neca 1/4 and hot toys aliens and I think this figure looks better. It's a shame though that the articulation is subpar and there's rotting problems for some.

I've so well followed the indication about how to be a poser that i've broken the tail of my Warrior...thanks Sideshow :yess:

those tails are fragile on any figure. sorry you had to learn that hard way.

no it doesn't. this figure is so bad that it made me love and buy Neca aliens - a smaller scale, presumed to be worse but actually being much more accurate and detailed.

I think that the NECA aliens look great, but their materials look more toying. But still they are great. I think the HT warrior looks great on display though - compared to all the old HT aliens.

I think the HT warrior looks great on display though - compared to all the old HT aliens.
well that might be true, concerning the accuracy. and he would be great... if he was made at least 5 years ago.
i found my old Neca aliens. new ones are a huge step up. with HT aliens there is no progress.

Well, every single NECA alien is more accurate than their Hot Toys counterparts, even the old NECA figures.
And while even the new NECA aliens aren't perfectly accurate, they're a lot better than the Joseph Tsang sculpts.

I'm curious which Neca aliens are you specifically referring to?
old A1 and A2, those that didn't have ball joints in hips at the time. and new A1 and A2, of course. their sculpt is vastly superior to old ones, while even old ones looked more accurate than HT.

aliens-neca-review-poe-ghostal-head.jpg
aliens-neca-review-poe-ghostal-8.jpg

These? Do they look that different from hot toys? Sorry not particularly observant when it comes to miniscule details for aliens

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 164
Well let's agree to disagree then. I do not have the smaller figures but I have both the Neca 1/4 aliens. I agree the sculpt is great but it looks rather "plasticy" in hand. The paint is also kinda flat imo.

I can understand complains about articulation and rubber deterioration but sculpt wise? I think it's great.

well, i wouldn't like 1/4 figures with quality of small ones, and from what i've seen and read, 1/4 aliens aren't an improvement over small ones.
i'd definitely give my HT 1/4 A1 and A2 for Neca variants in 1/4, even for the same price.
HT couldn't even give the back tubes proper size, shape, shape difference and angle. faces are the worst. feet are lame. hands are simplified. paint is wrong. and so on.

Back