1/6 Hot Toys - Aliens ALIEN Warrior 2.0 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubber deterioration already? Mother****er!!!!!!!!! I should have known better :lol

Insufficient ***ks were given with this figure.
While true, we should probably be thankful we are having any bones thrown to us by HT on the aliens and terminators front at this point. They could coast on Iron Man, Batman, and Joker all day long and rake in all the money they need for Howard's private fleet of jets.

I just watched the movie the other night. As I've always said the look of the figure is really good, but the lack of poseability to anything remotely like what could be in the movie is what really killed my desires for this figure. If they were like $125 I'd maybe get two and experiment on them to try to make it better but half the fun of a figure such as this is getting it in action poses. I do agree, the lackluster sales of this have doomed the line from HT unfortunately. They'll keep **** teasing us the powerloader and 86' Ripley each year at comic cons or Alien day as they have done in the past. Disappointing.

They'll keep **** teasing us the powerloader and 86' Ripley each year at comic cons or Alien day as they have done in the past. Disappointing.

I don't even think they'll bother teasing us any longer. I'd say they have finished with the line all together. If they were gonna they would have released the marines 2.0 already which is what we all want to see lets be honest. 11 years is too long to wait and i've pretty much given up on hot toys ever releasing them...

I don't even think they'll bother teasing us any longer. I'd say they have finished with the line all together. If they were gonna they would have released the marines 2.0 already which is what we all want to see lets be honest. 11 years is too long to wait and i've pretty much given up on hot toys ever releasing them...

Same here, sadly.
Kind of wish now the line would go to someone else.

The first release I think I had it for about 4-5 years before suddenly noticing the dome was ripping itself apart at various locations and peeling away from the edges and generally looking very dry.

The second one was OK last time I checked but if other people's 2.0 domes have been deteriorating there's no reason to think mine will be immune going by what happened eventually with version 1.

I've had my original ED for about ten years (second owner), and it only had ever so slight cracking around the edges. You would really have to inspect it up close to even see it. Then about a year or so ago... BAM! Huge cracks front and center.

I juste received my Alien figure i ordered it from sideshow the figure is prefect but my stand base strangely is broken and no way to glue it back. I asked sideshow for a replacement stand but i dont think they have extra stand. And im not able to find any on ebay of course the figure as just been release but any guess where i can find another base??

stands are unavailable as well as hand pegs. i think they will never appear separately from the figure, looking at how A1's pegs and stands disappeared long ago.

I guest they will ask me to send back the figure and they will send a brande new one because i agree it's gonna be hard to get a stand

I guest they will ask me to send back the figure and they will send a brande new one because i agree it's gonna be hard to get a stand

In what way was the stand broken? Like the base is snapped in half? Or the crotch grabber won't fit in? I'm just curious, sorry you got a busted stand

Saw this figure displayed at a collectable store. Although a very nice piece it comes across as another Action Figure. I think when your paying that much money it should come across as a miniature or maquette. This is why we pay the high dollars. I think this message is getting lost. Ultron was also and all I saw was a toy.

Saw this figure displayed at a collectable store. Although a very nice piece it comes across as another Action Figure. I think when your paying that much money it should come across as a miniature or maquette. This is why we pay the high dollars. I think this message is getting lost. Ultron was also and all I saw was a toy.

I have to agree.
I feel like some people are settling out of desperation for a 1:6th scale representation of some characters.
When HotToys 1st began, their Marines were priced at $89 (which at the time I thought to be very expensive).
Later their AVP ALIEN & Predators were released at $130. (I have been in "the game" for a while)

So how is it that years later, and at $150 more HT still produces inaccurate representations with inferior materials while other licenses (IronMan) look like they have been 3D printed off of CGI renders and with die-cast parts?

At this point in time, when some figures look like this in natural lighting:
(though still flawed)
13693006_498091717052034_3810717129264276369_o.jpg

I refuse to contribute to something that looks like it was made to "shut fans up".
My standards are high because these prices are high. If the 2.0 alien was released at the original $130 I MIGHT have bought one for the sake of completion.
It pains me because ALIENS is and has been my favorite movie (creature) ever since I can remember.

you should also mention how much this thing costs to support your post.
because by HT details&paint/price ratio seen in this alien it should be around $1000.

True.
:lecture

People are paying for the "brand" when it comes to HT.
The bubble will burst soon enough.

Back