1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

you'll have to get a new "little birdie" Wor-Gar !

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Just while we're waiting for Work Gar to get a new birdie.........one question.

Does anyone know if you pay for VIP membership on Tapatalk (mobile) it will translate to this specific Sideshowfreaks forum here on PC/Web-based ??

By the way here's a suggestion for the replacement

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 08.27.47.jpg

Has anyone seen Yondu at the Taipei exhibition? I saw a photo of the GG display and Yondu wasn't there unless I missed it...

Has anyone seen Yondu at the Taipei exhibition? I saw a photo of the GG display and Yondu wasn't there unless I missed it...

Nope.. Maybe they take the Photos for the announcement at the Moment.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Dammit! Was really hoping to see this this week. Sorry guys.

Perhaps they are waiting for the blu-ray release now. :) Or at least I hope so, I cannot wait for this one.

HT never coincides its reveals based on video release or theatrical release or anniversaries. There's far too much evidence to the contrary.

The only time they are organized is for things like Force Friday -- something that the licensor is adamant about. But something like Yondu, a 2nd tier character from a movie released over 3 months ago... it could drop Tuesday, or he could disappear until next year's SDCC. Drax took forever to preorder.

HT never coincides its reveals based on video release or theatrical release or anniversaries. There's far too much evidence to the contrary.

The only time they are organized is for things like Force Friday -- something that the licensor is adamant about. But something like Yondu, a 2nd tier character from a movie released over 3 months ago... it could drop Tuesday, or he could disappear until next year's SDCC. Drax took forever to preorder.

Uhm, Wonder Woman? Drax? They coincided with the related franchise.

10th anniversary of Nolan Dark Knight with 1/4 Joker and Batman?

Are you trolling?

Are you trolling?

Are you kidding? Drax, the original, took forever, was previewed and still took forever for PO. Maybe not relative to when you joined.

Of course central figures are released in conjunction with a movie's first release -- in general 2-3 figures, sometimes just one like Jack Sparrow, sometimes 4 or more like with Star Wars. But once that initial -- licensor required -- window is passed, then its anybody's guess when a figure will drop. My post was responding about a figure from a movie that's passed its initial release and advertising hype. Once a movie's been released, there is very little 'timing' that HT does in terms of coordinating with digital release, home video release, anniversaries, etc. As you hang around here more often you will become more familiar with HT's pattern -- or lack thereof -- in releasing later figures. Look at Death Star Trooper -- been at 2x SDCC's now and still no PO. And what about Ripley -- been 3 years in the teasing, missed a couple anniversaries, another year in PO, was supposed to drop in April and still nothing (granted that's a unique case).

Also, next year, 2018, would be the 10 year Anniversary of Nolan's Dark Knight (2008).

And don't ask people if they're trolling when you don't have your facts right.

Last edited:

Are you kidding? Drax, the original, took forever, was previewed and still took forever for PO. Maybe not relative to when you joined.

Of course central figures are released in conjunction with a movie's first release -- in general 2-3 figures, sometimes just one like Jack Sparrow, sometimes 4 or more like with Star Wars. But once that initial -- licensor required -- window is passed, then its anybody's guess when a figure will drop. My post was responding about a figure from a movie that's passed its initial release and advertising hype. Once a movie's been released, there is very little 'timing' that HT does in terms of coordinating with digital release, home video release, anniversaries, etc. As you hang around here more often you will become more familiar with HT's pattern -- or lack thereof -- in releasing later figures. Look at Death Star Trooper -- been at 2x SDCC's now and still no PO. And what about Ripley -- been 3 years in the teasing, missed a couple anniversaries, another year in PO, was supposed to drop in April and still nothing (granted that's a unique case).

And don't ask people if they're trolling when you don't have your facts right.

I wouldn't necessarily equate someone's forum date with someone's experience with HT. That's a pretty inconclusive relationship.

Drax was released in time for GotG Vol2. Not exactly timed with it's exact movie release but franchise is franchise. Same with BvS Wonder Woman. Timed with solo WW film release.

Again, 10th Anniversary for TDK..

Just because HT missed some opportune moments to release a figure doesn't mean the franchise hype is done.

They're still making comic book movies...

Your argument would be valid if nobody cares about the Alien franchise anymore and they are still releasing Alien-related products.

Perhaps look at things as a whole rather than passing one-offs as "facts".

Are you trolling?

One should choose their words more carefully when addressing the legendary Wor-Gar.

Especially when one couldn't be more wrong.

I wouldn't necessarily equate someone's forum date with someone's experience with HT. That's a pretty inconclusive relationship.

Drax was released in time for GotG Vol2. Not exactly timed with it's exact movie release but franchise is franchise. Same with BvS Wonder Woman. Timed with solo WW film release.

Again, 10th Anniversary for TDK..

Just because HT missed some opportune moments to release a figure doesn't mean the franchise hype is done.

They're still making comic book movies...

Your argument would be valid if nobody cares about the Alien franchise anymore and they are still releasing Alien-related products.

Perhaps look at things as a whole rather than passing one-offs as "facts".

I think I added a bit to my post while you were responding... like the fact that its the 9th anniversary of Dark Knight this year.

I don't understand how you can make subjective calls based on what you think is important (like Alien not being) or that I'm talking about GOTG1 Drax that was released in time for GOTG2, which you think is good timing. I believe most people felt it was a couple years late.

But I don't need to argue with you about something that is well documented. Just do your research -- based on my post, not your assumptions about what I said nor your preference for what franchise counts.

I'll let your deductions speak for themselves.

I think I added a bit to my post while you were responding... like the fact that its the 9th anniversary of Dark Knight this year.

I don't understand how you can make subjective calls based on what you think is important (like Alien not being) or that I'm talking about GOTG1 Drax that was released in time for GOTG2, which you think is good timing. I believe most people felt it was a couple years late.

But I don't need to argue with you about something that is well documented. Just do your research -- based on my post, not your assumptions about what I said nor your preference for what franchise counts.

I'll let your deductions speak for themselves.

PMd you. Let's talk about it there.

PMd you. Let's talk about it there.

No clouding going on. You tried to call me out, I explained my reasoning, all good. Your posts speak for themselves... I don't need to "take it to PM". We're good.

No clouding going on. You tried to call me out, I explained my reasoning, all good. Your posts speak for themselves... I don't need to "take it to PM". We're good.

Alright. Just wanted to understand and not put more banter in the thread.

Back