1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see what's so wrong with the hair. I will just put some silk gel into it which will smooth it out. The figure turned out great but of course nothing ever gets through without complaints.

Least it's feet aren't falling off like the Asmus Nazgul, or has a shoddy paint job like SSC Snake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Least it's feet aren't falling off like the Asmus Nazgul

tumblr_n974gkX9K41r0xw5zo4_r1_500.gif

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

I can't believe people are fussing over this figure......I think it's one of the BEST likeness in a long time. Hot Toys hit this one outta the park. I just hope they fix up Drax and I will be totally happy with the Gaurdians line up. Star Lord excellent, Gamora Home run, Groot and Rocket look fantastic and it's a great deal for the two pack. You people are way too fussy....IMO.

I can believe it. I guess it's the whole "Eye of the beholder" bit.

I think she came out fantastic from Proto to production, the likeness is spot on and the price is right. What's not to like? BUT opinions and perceptions always vary. :)

I can't believe people are fussing over this figure......I think it's one of the BEST likeness in a long time. Hot Toys hit this one outta the park. I just hope they fix up Drax and I will be totally happy with the Gaurdians line up. Star Lord excellent, Gamora Home run, Groot and Rocket look fantastic and it's a great deal for the two pack. You people are way too fussy....IMO.

I think this hobby, especially to the level it evolved, naturally attracts picky people. I'm definitely fussy myself and I'd imagine that the majority of people who are ready to pay these prices are looking for top quality likenesses and intricate details. That said I agree that they hit this one dead on the screws.

I think this is as perfect as it can get! This is a remarkable sculpt. Also - I understand the sentiments on expecting hair trouble like Selina but let's face it it's not easy to get an exact match. I mean women struggle daily inspite of spending hours trying to make their hair look right (this is just a toy)

Men be ready for some bad hair days! :)

but all jokes apart I think they did a phenomenal job especially when most artists all across have struggled to capture accurate sculpt likeness when it comes to female characters!!!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

For me, after a couple of pretty disappointing proto to production jobs from HT (Maleficent, Stealth Cap), I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out. I think the likeness is the best from HT's GotG line.

The cool thing is, I already like how she looks in the 'in hand' pics, & it's exciting to think that things are usually even better in person.

10475685_10152581150042344_9036387499042022763_o.jpg

Best HT female figure ever released so far?

These rooted hair figures should come with hair brushing tools like barbies or something, but more high end looking .....

I don't have to worry about the hair, I'm going to let my girlfriend unbox and setup all the GotG figures. She LOVES the movie and she is probably looking forward to these figures more than me and i am really looking forward to having these :lol

I don't even plan to buy her and I think HT nailed this one pretty well. It actually makes me wish they always hit the mark across all their other figures. :lol

Hmmmm - that bad eh ... Any HT sculpt (female character) that you think was done better than this ? Not arguing just trying to understand cause this one is miles ahead - or so I feel! But trying to see which female character you would rate higher on likeness.

Arm detail is too soft,head color is off from the rest of the body,and lifeless stare and nappy hair are weak. Also looks Shreky. 5/10.

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137019

She looks pretty good. But I think I like her other costumes a bit more than this one. Hot Toys needs variants of these. Star Lord with the short jacket could be the start.

Hmmmm - that bad eh ... Any HT sculpt (female character) that you think was done better than this ? Not arguing just trying to understand cause this one is miles ahead - or so I feel! But trying to see which female character you would rate higher on likeness.

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Personally I think Avengers Black Widow and Babydoll figures are better. As far as female likeness none have been perfect and this is a really close likeness but as others have said the proto sculpt was much better looking. Hot toys still needs to improve on female likenesses in general. I might add I wasnt a fan of her movie look to begin with hence a bit of a lower score,maybe I scored a bit to harsh.

Personally I think Avengers Black Widow and Babydoll figures are better. As far as female likeness none have been perfect and this is a really close likeness but as others have said the proto sculpt was much better looking. Hot toys still needs to improve on female likenesses in general. I might add I wasnt a fan of her movie look to begin with hence a bit of a lower score,maybe I scored a bit to harsh.

I have both and they both are lacking in many ways! Black widow slightly better but baby doll is far off! This one is Zoe all the way! Any and every angle!

As for a sad face - she was a sad face throughout the movie so all they did was chose a "safer" expression. I am not buying this line but I love this figure - I mean it's stellar on most counts!

I don't blame you though for thinking or not liking it! But on this one you will be in a minority (nothing wrong with that)

------------------------

Back