1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno it looks the same as the proto IMHO, the only difference I'm seeing is the lighting.:dunno

Looks more like difference in lighting tbh, not that it's actually so different as a product. If a 0000.1% jaw line angle change and earlobe height difference is what people pick at, i can't help but roll my eyes. It's a figurine, it's not actually Zoe, it's a bloody toy, it's close enough for what it is.

Like his face...trousers...jacket...boots...belt...holster...pouches...paintwork... :lol

I think I'm talking myself into cancelling him!

But not Gamora. She's a keeper.

Because being wrong doesn't feel so bad when you're not the only one. :monkey3
Wrong ! lol

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Deformed Zoe - ouch that's mean!

Lol but I guess "deformity lies in the eyes of the deformed" -

just kidding guys no jumping!!! All fun!!!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I don't mean it in a really bad way, I mean the sculpt looks deformed but it doesn't look like a deformed real life version of Zoe. And BTW Leon I agree with what you said that this is the best representation of a female actor that Hot Toys has ever made. It just doesn't blow me away like the proto did.

Im glad some of you guys chimed in.
I knew i wasn't the only one who saw flaws in the final sculpt.

Yeah I thought I was the only one as well for a while that thought the sculpt was off.

Looks more like difference in lighting tbh, not that it's actually so different as a product. If a 0000.1% jaw line angle change and earlobe height difference is what people pick at, i can't help but roll my eyes. It's a figurine, it's not actually Zoe, it's a bloody toy, it's close enough for what it is.

It sounds like you are more interested in the character and not the actress that much, which is fine each to their own. I wanted this because the proto looked pretty much exactly like Zoe, so I was so excited to have a miniature version of her. Now from the pics I have seen of the final product there is no reason for me to get it now as the likeness IMO is just not good enough.

I really want to see some pics after the hair has been properly styled.

No matter how the hair is styled, I doubt it will make a difference to the appearance of the sculpt. I want to see a picture of it where it looks like this this.

No long face face, smooth round jawline, pointy chin.

Last edited:

Haha, just took the Zoe Saldana or Hot Toys quiz on the SS website. Is there honestly anyone who wouldn't get 100% on that? Most of the time you can just look at the hair and see that it looks off, or the plastic of the outfit. I'm not saying that Hot Toys hasn't done a fine job, but I'm not going to mistake a plastic figure for the real thing.

But seriously, I think I need to hold both of them in my hands to be sure. :monkey3

Haha, just took the Zoe Saldana or Hot Toys quiz on the SS website. Is there honestly anyone who wouldn't get 100% on that? Most of the time you can just look at the hair and see that it looks off, or the plastic of the outfit. I'm not saying that Hot Toys hasn't done a fine job, but I'm not going to mistake a plastic figure for the real thing.

But seriously, I think I need to hold both of them in my hands to be sure. :monkey3

Haha I took that too. Did you look at the results?!
Some people can't tell the difference haha!

tumblr_m35u8gA0Mn1qzx70zo2_500.jpg

:yuck:yuck:yuck

Back