1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Wow, very nice photos Franck Adair! :clap

Just received my Groot and Rocket two pack today to go along with StarLord and now I'm getting the itch to buy this. Now the debate is to use the $20 coupon or gamble and see if they do something special with rewards for it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434431299.910159.jpg look spot on together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is she the wrong shade of green? I think she should be way more vibrant but it looks like a major job to repaint her, has anyone tried? I thought the hair was going to be too short and thin but I was pleasantly surprised, I do need to work on it though, interesting that the pink strands seem to be made of string or cotton rather than hair, overall I love it but I'd have prefered some expression in the head sculpt, like the Chris Pratt sculpt it's totally amazing but it doesn't capture the character.
IMG_3195.jpg

Really doubting if I should get this or not... I can get one for 250 EUR, last pieces available. Someone pursuade me or show me a good review where this looks good. :dunno I actually would buy her just to complete the team I guess...

I bought her to complete the team, because I still think we will get Drax someday. Figure looks great. Headsculpt is very good, she only has the dead stare. You should not keep the arms bend, so posing is a bit limited but still enough options. Side by side with Star Lord and later Rocket and Groot, she will look great. So buy her now! :lol

Really doubting if I should get this or not... I can get one for 250 EUR, last pieces available. Someone pursuade me or show me a good review where this looks good. :dunno I actually would buy her just to complete the team I guess...

But you're still missing Drax, so...

Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe it's best to wait until SDCC to see what figures they have planned. Next year is already going to be expensive...
Batman Returns, Ant-Man, Affleck Batman & Leto Joker, maybe a surprise Ra's al Ghul... Hopefully she will not be sold out by then. I guess there's always GotG 2 :)

The negativity :( I think she looks awesome, I can't wait to get her on my shelf!
When they bring us Drax the collection will look incredible and the perk of that this IS the GotG team, they are not as fluid as the Avengers which are a completionists nightmare. Each to their own though.

Except for the "Star Lord is an accessory" comment. That is so crazy wrong :O

^ Agreed. I think she's a nice figure - I'm glad I got her...the head sculpt is pretty good - just wish they'd picked a different facial expression but hey-ho. :)

Only major downside is the issue with the arms...can't do much beyond a museum pose - but that's not really an issue for me as all my figs are in museum poses anyway.

honestly w/ the right pose i find this figure stunning... granted the face is neutral... but so are a TON of these figures... the sculpt is crazy realistic!

i always use my old lady as a gauge and show her pics... when she says, "yea so what its a picture of zoe saldana in guardians of galaxy" i know they got it right on the figure.

yea the potential rubber problems suck... just like they do w/ so many of these figures.

but w/ a coupon code and getting it at $179 plus your freebie points... its well worth it in my opinion. especially if you are getting the rest of the team. i have rocket/groot coming next week and i am more psyched to have this group together than most anything i've had on preorder!

on her own i think she is killer...

with the rest of the team, it's going to be an awesome shelf!!
only part way there and still is amazing!

Star Lord as an extra. :lol

To me, there was no weak link in the team. Loved them all.

Though my favorite GOTG character has turned out to be Yondu.

honestly w/ the right pose i find this figure stunning... granted the face is neutral... but so are a TON of these figures... the sculpt is crazy realistic!

on her own i think she is killer...

Great pic...that's how I'll be posing her - when I can find the space to display her that is! :)

Back