1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure (Spec + P

I'm interested in this, but I hear bad things about seamless arms and bodies by Hot Toys - splitting or rotting rubbery material. I worry about the arms tearing on this figure - I hear it's common. Is this material working better now than in the past or should we be concerned? Some Barbie dolls from the 70s have similar material, but have held up well.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Gamora Collectible Figure (Spec + P

Yupe the rubber arms are the only thing that makes me hesitate on this or any figure with them. Seems like there is always a problem

Yeah I'm a little worried as well. Especially after the issues with Thor

Glad I'm getting the regular sleeved Thor then [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My most wanted GotG figure. I think she's the most accurate of the bunch. I don't want to concern myself with "what if's" too much right now. I still rather have the seamless look, but that Thor does look horrible there.

Looks like the paint has been peeling off them where they rub.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I had the same thing happen on ACI's gladiator, Verus. The paint rolled off like a thin rubber coating.

That looks bad, the paint didnt adhere at all.

All these paint issues can be prevented if you care for your figures. I haven't had any issues so far. You have to remember these aren't G.I. Joe figures or Star Wars figures. They don't take active play well.

All these paint issues can be prevented if you care for your figures. I haven't had any issues so far. You have to remember these aren't G.I. Joe figures or Star Wars figures. They don't take active play well.

He's got the idea. I have the Thor here and you've just got to be mindful of what materials are where. There's an instruction sheet with these that clearly warns you about moving the joints improperly. I've futzed with mine a bit and no issue as there's wiggle room in the shoulder socket of the torso to prevent this from happening. Though I will say that I am hesitant to bend the elbows for fear of a permanent crease in the rubber, but that is simply the nature of the material and I don't think there's any way around it without revealing the seams. Aesthetic or posability, it's one or the other with these sorts of figures, and you'll never please everyone. Being that these are high end display pieces, I am okay to leave them in less action poses in favor of realism.

My most wanted GotG figure. I think she's the most accurate of the bunch. I don't want to concern myself with "what if's" too much right now. I still rather have the seamless look, but that Thor does look horrible there.

Agreed I didn't pre order anyone till I saw her she looks great my favorite figure of the guardians line hopefully she looks this good once released.

Sometimes it's impossible to prevent though. I handle these figures like my life is on the line and it still happened to me. :lol

This is clearly a QC issue, not entirely the handlers fault.

Last edited:

No issues with my sleeveless Thor and i have taken care but i have not babied it because i want the problems to show while i can still return it.

Not a big fan of Gamora going in but she was a very good character. Figure turned out amazing

Is there an exclusive version of this or not?

Nobody talks to my friend like that.

... and this green whore... is now my friend
:lol

I know how I'm going to pose my GotG figures .....

Standing ..... in a circle .....

Back