1/6 Hot Toys – MMS – Back to the Future Part II: Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preorder placed! Would have liked a serious or neutral expression but I will take this over no Doc at all. I still like expression anyway.

A 1955 Doc would have made sense to go with Part 1 Marty. He would have done well anyway.

It's wishful thinking, but I'd buy 1885 western Doc and Marty again if HT made them. I bet the detail on those outfits would be phenomenal!

I have to wonder if they will continue the line beyond these. I hope so. I'll order these down the line. Maybe a PO or maybe once they're released. I'm not thrilled about the exclusives so no need to rush for me.

I'd like representation from each movie and at minimum of each of these characters. I do really want Biff (55), Griff & Biff (2015), & Mad Dog. I also want 1955 George & Lorraine. If I got all those and a delorean from each I'd be satisfied fully.

They're choosing figures based on the posters of the movies: BTTF1 only had Marty, so we only got Marty. BTTF2 had Marty and Doc in 2015 clothes, and lo and behold, we have Marty and Doc in 2015 clothes, and a new hover Delorean. IF they continue on, I'm betting they do a BTTF3 Western Doc and Marty with train track Delorean.

That being said, I do think they'll eventually do 1985 Doc, but it will be a one off or exclusive down the road.

It's wishful thinking, but I'd buy 1885 western Doc and Marty again if HT made them. I bet the detail on those outfits would be phenomenal!
I'm really hoping that they do the western outfits too. I was skeptical on them going beyond Marty and the DeLorean from the first film and they surprised us with two new figures and possibly a new DeLorean so maybe there's a chance. Those two along with Doc from either 1955 or 1985 to represent the first film along with an Einstein would complete my collection. Anything else would just be extra gravy but I'd take Biff from 1955 and alternate 1985 along with Bufford as well. I doubt those will happen though.

They're choosing figures based on the posters of the movies: BTTF1 only had Marty, so we only got Marty. BTTF2 had Marty and Doc in 2015 clothes, and lo and behold, we have Marty and Doc in 2015 clothes, and a new hover Delorean. IF they continue on, I'm betting they do a BTTF3 Western Doc and Marty with train track Delorean.

That being said, I do think they'll eventually do 1985 Doc, but it will be a one off or exclusive down the road.

If following the posters, that means they'd have to also do a Clara Clayton for BttF III. :lecture

Wow - looks like HT just caught the Sideshow pricing disease (or maybe it's a function of a HT product being on the SSC website and priced accordingly.)

$250 for a super-basic figure... AND it ships in 12-15 months for PO date?:horror:slap

Doc Brown is only $5 cheaper than Chewbacca!:cuckoo:

Yeah that's nuts. It's been what, two years since Chewie first went up. He was a groundbreaking figure with mass produced fur. And Doc? He's a regular guy with a few cool accessories.

Yeah its bonkers. 3 years ago I was spending £130 on a new Bane. Me thinks HT and SS are getting very greedy. All I can do is vote with my feet or wallet and not buy the figs. I already have cut down on the amount of figs I buy. HT figs don't even sell that well on the after market anymore.

I wouldn't say I've noticed higher pricing until this most recent slew of pre-orders (the Suicide Squad and Back to the Future Part II figures). Most figures haven't reached the $250 range like a lot of those figures. I'm wondering if they had to pay more for Lloyd's likeness. Joker and Harley are cash cows so they're prices are explained fairly easily.

If you guys vote with your wallets you'll probably be able to get these latest over priced figures for some % off and RP in Spooktacular 2018.

The Suicide Squad stuff probably has no chance of lasting that long unless the movie is really, really bad. BTTF might though.

One thing I thought of that may account for some of the price in Doc's case is getting the rights to use USA Today on the newspaper. I'm sure they didn't want it to be generic but I doubt USA Today just let them use it.

Back