1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After purchasing the Big Chief 10th and 11th Doctors (and the upcoming 7th season 11th), I really wanted to have a 9th Doctor in my collection.
So for the past few weeks, I've been piecing together some clothes to customize for my first figure bash.
Now that I have the clothes, I figured the most important thing was to get a head on him, so today I modified and started sculpting a head that could fit the bill for now, until BC or another company releases a better version.
Anyway, here's my start of the project, and I'll try to update as soon as I get more time to sculpt. Hair is just starting to be blocked in, so forgive the roughness.

Again, this is my first attempt at 1/6 scale, so be gentle :lol

Last edited:
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor/ Eccleston project

Wow that's your first attempt at 1/6 :horror

You have some serious skills :wink1:

That's great. I was going to suggest the walkie talkie sculpt but this is looking great.

Thanks Peteskywalker and dwing! I usually sculpt 1:1 busts as you can see in my signature, but I wanted to ease slowly into trying out 1/6 scale.
This is the look I'm shooting for:

I've got a bit to go, but I'm really anxious to finish so I can try my hand at painting as well.

Sculpt is looking good,we can always use more who sculptors. For a jacket I recommend the one from the 24 figure with a few mods(You can see it in the pic). Also he tended to wear a V neck shirt.
img1536ju.jpg

I finished my first 1/6th scale head sculpt recently myself. You've already got the makings of a fantastic likeness right out of the gate. Good stuff! :clap

Sculpt is looking good,we can always use more who sculptors. For a jacket I recommend the one from the 24 figure with a few mods(You can see it in the pic). Also he tended to wear a V neck shirt.
img1536ju.jpg
Thanks! I was looking for a v neck shirt, but couldn't find one, so I figured I would just modify the one I bought. I'd love to know where you got your shirt from. I'm also interested in that Rose head sculpt, I definitely need her in my collection too. Yours looks amazing as well as the rest of the gang.

RiggsMcClane- Thanks! it's a bit of a learning curve, but I'm looking forward to learning new methods. I'm just glad I found a good base to modify and sculpt on for this first attempt.

Try contacting Billy B from these boards. He did Rose, the 6th, 5th, and 11th Doctor.
Shatner's Toupe Did the 2nd, Jamie, Zoe, and The Brig. He also has a Sarah Jane I wish he'd get around to releasing. It's been almost 3 years.
Barlow did, 1,3 and the Master
ADA did almost all the Doctors, but the size and quality varies, I have the 7th, and the 12 from her.
I think the V neck is from a barbie ken set I found. It was grey and I dyed it red.
The Jacket was from a Jack Bower figure I dyed Darker.

The rest of my collection can be seen here(if image shack will still load the pics)
Yahoo
Captain Jack was from the titan bust. I cut the head off with a Dremel and modded and painted it.

Your collection is AMAZING!!! I love WHO stuff and I may hit up those artists when I get the chance. A Rose is definitely on my to do list.
I'll keep hunting for a proper V-neck for 9. Those Titan busts have really nice head sculpts for the price, I love my Amy one.

Too bad many of them were cancelled, I was looking forward to the bust of the 8th.

great work so far mate! how you finding 1/6 work compared to full size?

I've been looking at the 9th bust for a while now, but never jumped on it since they kept pushing back the shipping dates. I'll still get it if it ever comes out.

Anyway, I finally got to the point where I want to stop on my sculpting on this, so let's call this version 1. I have lot's of things I want to change, but I'll do that on my next revision.

Here goes, what do you guys think? It's a bit hard to photograph this small since it has slight distortion, but it looks the part in person.

It's a bit tougher using tools instead of my fingers to smooth areas, but it's pretty fun and a good challenge. Now I need to attempt sculpting using my 3D program, that will be the biggest challenge yet I think.
great work so far mate! how you finding 1/6 work compared to full size?

Man, that's brilliant. Love it! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Also be sure to let us know in the event you decide to start selling casts. *fingers crossed*

I would buy a cast of that in a heartbeat.

Thanks ShadowX41 and Mudblood! It's a big compliment that you guys are even interested in this. I'm molding this as we speak to try my hand at painting. Painting this size will be another first for me, so I hope it turns out well.
I'll keep updating as soon as I have more progress.

Nicely done man. That's Eccleston all the way. Tennants probably my favorite but Eccleston is a very close second. I liked that he had an intensity the others never quiet had.

Thanks Riggsmcclane! Eccleston was my first introduction to Doctor Who, so he holds a special place with me. I really loved his run and knowing the weight that he was hiding with his smile really made me feel for the Doctor. He's also a close second to Matt Smith, who is my favorite New Who Doctor. Tennant is good too, don't get me wrong, but he was just too cool that I couldn't quite relate to him as much ;).

Thanks Riggsmcclane! Eccleston was my first introduction to Doctor Who, so he holds a special place with me. I really loved his run and knowing the weight that he was hiding with his smile really made me feel for the Doctor. He's also a close second to Matt Smith, who is my favorite New Who Doctor. Tennant is good too, don't get me wrong, but he was just too cool that I couldn't quite relate to him as much ;).

Agreed, love the sculpt, looks awesome, great job!

Back