1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor/ Eccleston project

Thank you bigbrocha, I'm glad fellow fans like it. I'm so excited to cast one tomorrow and do a quick paint test.
I've been staring at the headless figure for a week now, so putting his head on will be really exciting to do.

VashDStampede, you are fantastic! Can't wait to see the final result. Keep up the great work! :clap

Thanks so much Mr krapopple, Tekkaman blade and Szklanooka!
I took some quick pics of him on the Tardis background that came with the 10th:

It's on an ACI Christian body since it's the only spare body I had besides a HT Bruce Lee one. I may need to get a slimmer body, but this one seems to work for now.
I don't know if I'll have a chance to paint this evening, but I'm hoping to have it painted by the weekend.

Thanks again bigbrocha.
I did what I could in painting him this morning. Painting this small is another first for me, so he's a bit splotchy in places, but he looks pretty cool from a foot away.
I'll try again when I can take more time to blend etc, but I'm just glad I can have a place setter until my next attempt at painting him.
Anyway, stay tuned for more updates down the road.

Touched up the paint on the head a bit and made new buttons and button holes out of flexible sculpey. This stuff is really fun to work with and it's nice that I don't have to be too careful about handling it after it's baked, since it bends back to shape. Don't know what to do yet with the big dent from the snap I removed though. . .

Thanks elar! It's been really fun working on something new.
I figured the 9th Doctor needed some items considering all that comes with the BC figures so I made him his own psychic paper, a watch and a banana. I may do the anti-plastic and maybe get him a plastic arm. Trying to figure out what other stuff to make for the figure, but nothing else is coming to mind. I may need to re-watch some episodes to get some ideas.

The psychic paper reads fantastic sculpt! Really well done. Did you use a pressure pot to get such a clean first cast?

Thanks bud! I have a pressure pot, but didn't use it for this, just ran the bubbles out by pouring and refilling. I cast acouple more, but kept getting an air pocket behind the right ear.
I do need to put the pressure pot to good use since I purchased it for projects like this. Was just too lazy to hook it up :)
The psychic paper reads fantastic sculpt! Really well done. Did you use a pressure pot to get such a clean first cast?

Wow excellent work, your skills in 1/1 have definitely translated well. Do you think you will offer commissions in the future?

Thank you! 1:1 is fun, but I'm running out of room quickly. I've been doing 1:1 commissions for a while now, but I need a few more projects to practice on before I even think of doing commissions for 1:6 scale. Trying to brainstorm with my wife as to which character I should do next.

Wow excellent work, your skills in 1/1 have definitely translated well. Do you think you will offer commissions in the future?

I really would love a cast of this. 9 was my fist Doctor and I was hooked on the series since then. You should try doing 10 and 11... BCS haven't really nailed them which is why I haven't bought them.

A John Hurt War Doctor would be great too!

Thanks Mudblood! I'll see if I can make that happen soon ;)
I'm seriously thinking of doing a John Hurt War Doctor since I really fell in love with the character even with such a small dose of him. Funny, since I'm not as fond of the new Doctor yet, even this far in the season.
I need to piece out clothing first like I did with 9, that way I'll be committed to getting the head sculpted.

I just started another try at painting another 9, still a ways to go with a bit more blending, toning down the color of his eyes, hair etc., but I think I'm getting a bit better at it. I'm taking this one a little slower, so I can learn what methods work better than others. Teaching myself, so it's a lot of trial and error.

Back