1/6: Doctor Who 10th WIP - Rory, Clara, Amy Pond, 9th, War Doctor, Bad Wolf FINISHED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Doctor Who 9th Doctor/ Eccleston project

War Doctor would be cool, would also like to see a Captain Jack Harkness, River, Clara, Donna, Martha, Mickey and Rose.

I'm going to start sourcing the pieces for War Doctor soon. I'll PM you links to what I find. In all honestly, he would be the Doctor I would most love to display. Aside from 10, he had the coolest look. I liked 11's purple suit more than the tweed jacket look... I want ALL the Doctors but the sculpts are just meh.

The new paintup is great, man! The only thing is the hair where it meets the scalp. The rest looks.... Fantastic!

I'm going to start sourcing the pieces for War Doctor soon. I'll PM you links to what I find. In all honestly, he would be the Doctor I would most love to display. Aside from 10, he had the coolest look. I liked 11's purple suit more than the tweed jacket look... I want ALL the Doctors but the sculpts are just meh.

The new paintup is great, man! The only thing is the hair where it meets the scalp. The rest looks.... Fantastic!

Thank you and please do send me links to purchase the pieces for the War Doctor. It will definitely give me the push to sculpt the head for him.

I wanted to take more time with the hair and detail it right, but I just blocked it out for now to get an idea of how the face was coming along.
I'm also going to check out your work, I could use some good bases and stands.

I got so excited about this War Doctor project that I had to start sculpting this morning. It's still really rough since it's only a couple of hours into sculpting and I'm just blocking in the shapes, etc., so please forgive some of the bad details:
WAR-DOCTOR-1.jpg

I got so excited about this War Doctor project that I had to start sculpting this morning. It's still really rough since it's only a couple of hours into sculpting and I'm just blocking in the shapes, etc., so please forgive some of the bad details:
WAR-DOCTOR-1.jpg

That's a couple hours?! Wow! Sign me up right now.

That is looking great.

Thanks Mudblood, dwing and bigbrocha! I'm glad it's starting to look like him and I'm more excited to start buying some clothing pieces for him. It looks like I may have to make some of the pieces, but that would be fun too.

No plans yet for Jack, but I'm shooting for sculpting Rose soon after the War Doctor just to try doing a female sculpt at this scale.

VashDStampede War Doctor looks awesome, I'd love to be able to purchase a cast of the head when your finished, also your 9th Doctor.

War Doctor would be cool, would also like to see a Captain Jack Harkness, River, Clara, Donna, Martha, Mickey and Rose.

I recommend using the bust and a dremel.
img1539rz.jpg

Thanks Tekkaman Blade, any help on piecing the clothing would be appreciated. I'm hoping to start ordering things this weekend.
You'll need a civil war vest, probably 2 for extra buttons BBK Cowboy - Vest I think this is what I used
A scarf Red Tan Plaid Scarf 1 6 Uniform Elite German USA Camo WW2 12" Dragon Cloth V | eBay
White shirt
Screwdriver Doctor Who War Doctor 3" Titan Vinyl Figure Geronimo Collection | eBay the small one's are about 1/6 in sonic size, though the figures aren't
This is the jacket I used 1 6 Subway 24hrs Jack Bauer Jacket | eBay (Also works well for #9 has to be dyed black though) Just need to add a few buttons
No idea what pants I got
Most White shirts will work
You'll need to get a set of boots with leggings
I made the chest belt out of vinyl parts from other figures. Main part was the comedian's harness DC Direct 1 6 Scale Watchmen The Comedian Loose | eBay
the waist belt was a standard brown belt I found.

I think I'll be using Bane's jacket if casts are made. It looks the most accurate to me, but the most expensive. Luckily I have Bane. Love your customs! Are you picking up the new BCS 11?

Thanks Tekkaman Blade! I'll see what I can do soon for you guys interested in this. I'm so in awe of your collection and it's so awesome to see so many characters in one picture. Thanks for the info as well, I'll check them out.
I had a little bit of time to work on the War Doctor this evening. I'm taking a bit more time with the sculpt since it's more intricate than 9 so it's still really rough.

I'll be ordering a different kind of medium to work with on my next character sculpt, so hopefully it can make things work faster for me. Just using the clay I had laying around which is a bit too soft for these guys.

Sculpey firm (the grey kind) is what most guys use in this scale. I've used it for a couple props myself, it hold details pretty well.

I know a lot of guys use tiny needles for beards and hair. You probably already knew all that, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Thanks! I've tried Super Sculpey and didn't care for it too much, but never tried the firm. I've been using a needle attached to an exacto knife handle and it's been working out better, but need a more firm medium. I'll be making a quick mold of this like I did with 9 and do my sanding and carving on a cast to make it more workable.

Anyway, back on topic of the thread, I just got back to painting 9 and still need to do the final line details on the hair, but here it is so far:
PAINT-3.jpg

Thanks Tekkaman Blade! I'll see what I can do soon for you guys interested in this. I'm so in awe of your collection and it's so awesome to see so many characters in one picture. Thanks for the info as well, I'll check them out.
I had a little bit of time to work on the War Doctor this evening. I'm taking a bit more time with the sculpt since it's more intricate than 9 so it's still really rough.

I'll be ordering a different kind of medium to work with on my next character sculpt, so hopefully it can make things work faster for me. Just using the clay I had laying around which is a bit too soft for these guys.

It started out with a custom painted 10th and Martha and grew from there. It's all about patience, planning and luck.
Sadly Doctor Who isn't my only collection, so I keep getting impulses, and wasting my money making these things. That or someone on this board or others offers awesome sculpts like yours. Then I have to start finding clothing.

Back