1/6 Diorama for Jack Sparrow DX06

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi, this is my new dio for Jack Sparrow DX06 HT. It´s inspired by the scene from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 where Jack met Bootstrap Bill, it was a tough work because that scene was so dark so I did it my way.

The dio is made of balsa wood, rope, chain, plastic, magnetic tape,aluminium, led and battery.

The light of the led lantern is not like shown in the pictures because of the flash, it´s much more diffused. You can switch the light by pressing the barrel´s cork and to change the battery you only need to pick up the rope in front of the barrel fixed to the floor by a magnet.
I hope you like it.
If you are interested please let me know.

sp12c.jpg

sp4ey.jpg

sp10e.jpg

sp8m.jpg

sp13k.jpg

sp25.jpg

sp18i.jpg

sp29n.jpg

sp21e.jpg

sp24a.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome!

It makes for a fantastic 1/6 prop, but you're saying that's actual rope? I'm not the handiest person in the world (also, I'm not yet fully awake) so this might be obvious, but what is the real-world use for rope that small?

I have been looking for led lanterns for awhile now but Couldn't find any.
Did you make that yourself?
And if so, will you sell them?

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Cokebabies, here in Spain we use that rope to hang the clothes out.
Remy, the led lantern is made by myself but as you can see in the pictures is fixed to the barrel and the battery is under the rope.
Maybe I could figure out how to make a separated led lantern with battery and switch inside it...and I would sell it. If I get it I´ll tell you.

Thanks for your words!!!!!!!
I´m just learning but your work is amazing CTO15, IDMCustoms and elar :rock:rock:rock

Hi, this is my new dio for Jack Sparrow DX06 HT. It´s inspired by the scene from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 where Jack met Bootstrap Bill, it was a tough work because that scene was so dark so I did it my way.

The dio is made of balsa wood, rope, chain, plastic, magnetic tape,aluminium, led and battery.

The light of the led lantern is not like shown in the pictures because of the flash, it´s much more diffused. You can switch the light by pressing the barrel´s cork and to change the battery you only need to pick up the rope in front of the barrel fixed to the floor by a magnet.
I hope you like it.
If you are interested please let me know.

sp12c.jpg

sp4ey.jpg

sp10e.jpg

sp8m.jpg

sp13k.jpg

sp25.jpg

sp18i.jpg

sp29n.jpg

sp21e.jpg

sp24a.jpg

Can you post pictures of the ship's rudder on your custom base?

Sure Dollmanron, I hope tomorrow.
I keep trying to make a separated lantern.:cuckoo:

Dollmanron, sorry for the quick pictures with the rudder but I was busy today. If you are interested in the dio I can make a bigger base, it was made that size to fit in my shelf.
Like I said i´m working in the separated lantern, but maybe tomorrow I ´ll post in the interest threads with the price of the dio.

sp35m.jpg

sp34.jpg

sp36.jpg

sp37w.jpg

Dollmanron, sorry for the quick pictures with the rudder but I was busy today. If you are interested in the dio I can make a bigger base, it was made that size to fit in my shelf.
Like I said i´m working in the separated lantern, but maybe tomorrow I ´ll post in the interest threads with the price of the dio.

sp35m.jpg

sp34.jpg

sp36.jpg

sp37w.jpg

OK, there only two question left, can you weather the deck and posts to match the color and weathering of the rudder? Last is price, that you can PM me.

Dollmanron, I can weather the base to match the rudder.
Thanks Fang,HPGR_Thrawn and Remy, great idea for the lantern.:rock

I was so busy this weekend but tomorrow I´ll send you PM with the details about the order.

Last edited:
Awesome work, my friend! It inspires me to go back and finish my own Jack Sparrow Diorama that I started a while back. The rum barrel looks great. Did you make that yourself too?

Back