1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I meant this one. Even though it's sold out at Sideshow, it still shows an arrival date of March, 2017. So, it was throwing me off a bit.
Thanks for the info.
Im on the waitlist as well with it. I found one else where, but its used and they say it has a loose left knee. Anyone else have issues with loose knees on this?

Im on the waitlist as well with it. I found one else where, but its used and they say it has a loose left knee. Anyone else have issues with loose knees on this?

Yup, the left knee plate on mine came off right when I opened it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took this guy out his box again and I forgot how much time I would spend just playing with him and posing him.

"Tony, looks like I'm in a bit of trouble."
wm v dt 1.jpg

"Nah, just kidding. I've got this."
wm v dt 2.jpg

The Stormtrooper never even had a chance!!!!

Makes me wonder what 1/6 scaled figures from other franchises would make a good adversary for War Machine?

Just looking at my collection....

I think Vader could give him a run for his money depending on how well his force powers work against the suit. He could crush it or at least immobilize some of the weapons. The only other 2 could be Predator (stealth) or ED-209 (sheer payload).

But yeah...it's a good question. Obviously Superman, but that isn't in my collection. So for me, Darth Vader. And the way I personally depict Vader, i could see him defeating WM.

Just looking at my collection....

I think Vader could give him a run for his money depending on how well his force powers work against the suit. He could crush it or at least immobilize some of the weapons. The only other 2 could be Predator (stealth) or ED-209 (sheer payload).

But yeah...it's a good question. Obviously Superman, but that isn't in my collection. So for me, Darth Vader. And the way I personally depict Vader, i could see him defeating WM.

Yea, I think both Superman and Vader win easily against War Machine (IMO). But Stormtroopers and many others would be easy fodder for War Machine too. Now a Predator or ED-209 make a fun and interesting match up! You want a challenge I think, and the more scifi the property I think the more fun. It would be great to see some pics of War Machine verses....

I think that's what I like a lot about the Mark 1 is that it has a more realistic look. Something that would fit into a Robocop or Predator film vs the hero suits of IM. I think it would look amazing battling ED-209, Robocop, Predator, Batman... I like the "grounded" look.

Definitely! Although I don't think a Predator would stand a chance against WMI. Pretty sure the Predator's camouflage would still be detected and WM can fly. I voted for this one for Figure of the Year, and even after receiving BvS Batman, and the QMX figures, my opinion hasn't changed. Just an awesome all around figure!

Definitely! Although I don't think a Predator would stand a chance against WMI. Pretty sure the Predator's camouflage would still be detected and WM can fly. I voted for this one for Figure of the Year, and even after receiving BvS Batman, and the QMX figures, my opinion hasn't changed. Just an awesome all around figure!

I'm with you there. Hands down my figure of the year (from all the figures I've seen not just the ones I have bought this year). I have the MK3 coming in, but I know I prefer the 1. It looks ripped right out of the comic book.
08367c6be53faa10da0cfc66adfdc59e.jpg

Hey, thought I'd share some pics I posted in the customs forum. I swapped out the red head LED with a "cherry" pink one. The bulbs were completely different sizes, so it was a bit of a MacGyver butcher job. Contemplating the arc reactor bulb now.. or leave it white for movie-accuracy.

20170416_181158_LLS-1_zps4gwqpkxs.jpg

20170416_181131_LLS-1_zps2zzu7ee9.jpg

20170416_181930-1_zpsd6f6vvqo.jpg

20170416_185341-1_zps3qs7cwp1.jpg

20170416_191405_LLS-1_zpsyoiudccc.jpg

Hey, thought I'd share some pics I posted in the customs forum. I swapped out the red head LED with a "cherry" pink one. The bulbs were completely different sizes, so it was a bit of a MacGyver butcher job. Contemplating the arc reactor bulb now.. or leave it white for movie-accuracy.

20170416_181158_LLS-1_zps4gwqpkxs.jpg

20170416_181131_LLS-1_zps2zzu7ee9.jpg

20170416_181930-1_zpsd6f6vvqo.jpg

20170416_185341-1_zps3qs7cwp1.jpg

20170416_191405_LLS-1_zpsyoiudccc.jpg

Looks perfect! Looks much more like the prototype did. It's a shame the final product used red. I think I would've even preferred the lenses be outlined with red and use a white light. That being said, this looks great.

I would say stick with the eyes and keep the chest as-is.

Looks perfect! Looks much more like the prototype did. It's a shame the final product used red. I think I would've even preferred the lenses be outlined with red and use a white light. That being said, this looks great.

I would say stick with the eyes and keep the chest as-is.

Thanks! I can now confirm that the DC WM1 torso likely cannot be dissembled without ruining it. So the white arc reactor/unibeam stays.

Considering this guy will be standing next to the upcoming DC Mk6, having equally bright LEDs will be nice.

The pink is definitely an improvement over the red. Looks more accurate to the movie imo.

Was it easy to pop open?

So I have this on the way to me from Popcultcha. I logged on the other day, saw that I had enough pennies to get 10% off, and just couldn't resist. Came out to about $420 shipped. What was it shipped from Sideshow, like $380 or something? I was so close to ordering it from them back when they had the end of year 20% off sale, and prices are only going up on eBay, so what the hell.

Back