1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The DC Mark III is a little small to go with War Machine. I have both, and the scale is off. I have the VI on pre-order and plan to use that to display with my War Machine, but I think the IV or the VII Would also look great with him.

I ended up buying one from ebay, who's sold over 8745 items and 100% positive feedback. (Honk Kong) So fingers crossed.

I also purchased mine from overseas off of ebay...Good feedback score, so Im not worried...It's just hard finding a new one at a decent price here in the states anymore...

ok, so I decided to go with him....Just shy of $400 shipped...But now I gotta get a diecast IM to go with him...I asked this on another forum, but given the choice would you go with the newer sleek MK 45, or a diecast of one of the older suits like the MK IV?....Im partial to the older styles because of the boxier look and for the nostalgia...

I preordered the IM VI and that is why, like you, I wanted the Iron Man 2 WM. I think they will look amazing together on display. Can't wait!!

I preordered the IM VI and that is why, like you, I wanted the Iron Man 2 WM. I think they will look amazing together on display. Can't wait!!

Well, to be fairly honest, I do already have both the original plastic versions of these...mk VI and WM 1....And I LOVE the plastic WM, its just something told me to get this...and if I get it, then I gotta get an IM...Height difference and all....My only complaint about the diecast mark VI is that it doesnt have as many battle damaged armor parts as the plastic version does...and I don't think it has optional open hip countermeasures either...And each Mark version seems to have a different weapon gimmick...wrist lasers, shoulder rockets, etc...even the leg missiles from the Avengers MK 7....I wish they could do one figure that incorporated all of these together...But then I guess they wouldnt need to do as many IM figures huh....lol....

I really like my MKVII. It was my first Hot Toys Marvel figure. I also nabbed the Stealth Edition as soon as it went up for preorder. I'm down for a Diecast version!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alot of people seem to count the mark 7 as the top dog of the suits prior to the 45, 46, etc...What is it about this particular suit that you like so much more than say the Mark VI or III?...Design?...Features?...Im just curious...

Alot of people seem to count the mark 7 as the top dog of the suits prior to the 45, 46, etc...What is it about this particular suit that you like so much more than say the Mark VI or III?...Design?...Features?...Im just curious...

Besides design..I think the film that the suit was apart of and the suits importance also plays into it. I'm not a fan of the suit really or of the Avengers, but I know many put that on their list of top super hero movies let alone marvel movies. And Iron Man in the MK7 was pretty pivotal in that final battle.

It just looks cool, and to many it is seen as the epitome of the iron man suits. It all kind of blurs up from there thanks to the HPP suits (save for a suit or two) until we get to the XLII, which everyone hates. From the XLIII on it all seems pretty lukewarm compared to the response the sub VII suits get in all the threads about the suits.

Besides design..I think the film that the suit was apart of and the suits importance also plays into it. I'm not a fan of the suit really or of the Avengers, but I know many put that on their list of top super hero movies let alone marvel movies. And Iron Man in the MK7 was pretty pivotal in that final battle.

lol...I was gonna make the comment about it being popular just because of the Avengers movie too...

Eh, I may wait and see what they have planned for the mk 7 in diecast before I go after the mk VI....just out of curiosity...

lol...I was gonna make the comment about it being popular just because of the Avengers movie too...

Eh, I may wait and see what they have planned for the mk 7 in diecast before I go after the mk VI....just out of curiosity...

I am going to purchase the 6 and that's it for me. I'll have a good Iron Man/War Machine collection. I am 100% sure the 7 will be done and will blow ppl away.

For me, it's the design. I do like MK III and I'm still probably going to get Diecast MK VI to go with Diecast War Machine MKI. I really like the design of MKVII though. When I bought it, it was the newest version and was from The Avengers movie. It has a bulkier chest and shoulder area that appealed to me more than the older models. Once I received the figure I fell in love with all of the accessories, finger dexterity, extra Tony Stark head sculpt, and numerous light up features (which I understand come with other IM figs too). He inspired me to build a collection of the Avengers (although the versions I have of each character are my preferred versions from different movies).

The VII has all that weaponry, and it was sort of the last of the 'classic' armours. Plus it had some great scenes in a great movie. It's one of my favourites definitely, the plastic version was my first HT figure.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Received mine from Taiwan today. I ordered him on eBay on January 15th, he arrived in Texas in just five days! In fact, the tracking details show he left Taiwan yesterday!
War Machine literally flew home overnight. Must be a quantum physics thing. Better ask Tony Stark.

Mine shipped today!!!! Should be here next Wednesday! Been waiting soooooooooo long for this figure as I missed the originals and Mk. I is my absolute favorite suit so far. I'll try to post pics next week. Thanks for all the eye candy you guys have left while I've been waiting

The DC Mark III is a little small to go with War Machine. I have both, and the scale is off. I have the VI on pre-order and plan to use that to display with my War Machine, but I think the IV or the VII Would also look great with him.

Absolutely. When I first unpacked the WM1 I set him on the same shelf as my IM MkIII, thought I'd get away with it as I had the mkIII in the ground-pound pose. After a couple of days I decided it simply didn't look right, even in that pose the mkIII is clearly much smaller. I ended up switching out the mkIII with the mk42 (the only other IM Ihave) in a hovering pose to give it a bit more height. Definitely looks a better match despite the non-canon pairing (which of course was the case for the mkIII anyway...). I have the mk46 on pre-order but must admit I am very tempted to put in an order for the mkVI - looks like an amazing figure.

Absolutely. When I first unpacked the WM1 I set him on the same shelf as my IM MkIII, thought I'd get away with it as I had the mkIII in the ground-pound pose. After a couple of days I decided it simply didn't look right, even in that pose the mkIII is clearly much smaller. I ended up switching out the mkIII with the mk42 (the only other IM Ihave) in a hovering pose to give it a bit more height. Definitely looks a better match despite the non-canon pairing (which of course was the case for the mkIII anyway...). I have the mk46 on pre-order but must admit I am very tempted to put in an order for the mkVI - looks like an amazing figure.

Let's face it, anything but the VI just isn't going to look right...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back