1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have every DC IM figure that hot toys has released so far and my plastic IM are still my favorites.

I now have 2 die cast and 2 of the "regular" Iron Men; the Mark 3 & 43 along with the 20 and 33 out of those my 2 favourites are the 3 and 33 and nothing about it is really tied to the fact one if die cast and the other isn't for me its about the design of the suit and how I liked it on screen (be it for the majority of IM or a couple of minutes in IM3).

Im excited about the re-release of some of the older suits, but again the fact they are "die cast" is neither here nor there, its the chance to pick up some of my favourite classic armours which I missed out on when they were originally made by Hot Toys without paying stupid aftermarket prices, hopefully with better proportions and articulation (like I said love the Mark 3 and understand the hate about the waist, hopefully thats a one off and the others are more like the other suits).

Every review/comparison of Diecast vs plastic that I have seen says that you really feel like you are holding a sturdier, heavier and more quality product with the Diecast version. So since I am one of the collectors that likes to handle and pose my figures a lot, I decided to wait for the Diecast to be made of this figure. I definitely think the original looked awesome tho, I am just super excited to be getting a Diecast version of my favorite armor for war machine and I think it will be well worth the wait, especially if they add battle damaged parts and give us the newer cheadle headsculpt!

There's nothing wrong with diecast. And most the diecast figures are better then the plastic. But that's not becuase of diecast. It's becuase they are newer generations. It's like the progression of Thor. The first Thor HS was not nearly as good as say DW or Aou. Hot toys has gotten better at what it does so the product gets better. Has nothing to do with DC vs plastic. They could make the DC versions in plastic and outside of the weight there would be zero difference in function or appearance. Having the weight is a neat feature. But it doesn't make the DC better or superior in any way other then that. And if you pose your figures in non museum poses often then it's actually a downside. As it adds stress to joints that plastic would not. And limits any flight poses. I have the DC figures. All of them. They are great. But so are the plastic ones.

My Mark VI and the Silver Centurion are IMO the best IM releases and they're plastic (minus SC's blades)

Originally I was going to use my points for hulkbuster, but now I'm leaning more towards this guy. Hope we get more news and shots of him soon, especially a release date.

Hoping for these eyes:

latest

instead of these:

Hot-Toys-War-Machine-Collectible-Figure-Backstage-1.jpg

With todays manufacturing processes the value of die cast is all about perception.

When friends come over they check out the Stark mansion and if I hand them a plastic figure the reaction is less then enthusiastic.

If I hand someone a die cast figure they have the Holy $#!+ look on their face.

It's just human nature to think weight adds value.

With todays manufacturing processes the value of die cast is all about perception.

When friends come over they check out the Stark mansion and if I hand them a plastic figure the reaction is less then enthusiastic.

:goodpost::exactly: And the idea of a metal War Machine figure is just to ****ing cool! Give me my heavy ass tank of a WM figure :impatient:

I've only ever held two armors, both die-cast. Regardless of how much is actually metal, both feel hefty.

I'll have to decide what to do with my AoU WM now. I wanted the Mk1 to begin with, but wasn't about to pay inflated prices for an older figure.

Agreed. Whenever I open up my Detolfs to rearrange my armors (which I do a lot), I'm always more excited to move the diecast ones than the plastic ones. I love my plastic suits just as much as my diecast suits, but it feels more authentic when the weight and texture of the figure presents the illusion that you're holding a miniaturized metal suit of armor. (Still, I don't prefer one over the other, as the lower cost of the plastic figures and the greater "authenticity" of the diecast ones are equally appealing to me. :lol)

I understand why people "think" it adds value. And I agree, it is all perception. Doesn't mean it's true. And that's my point about diecast. Despite that perception it's a less sophisticated production methods, with a less advanced material that does the exact opposite of what most advanced materials try to do(weight reduction). As I said, there is nothing wrong with diecast, per se. Other then its biggest advantage is also its biggest issue(weight).

As for authenticity...DC is not more authentic then plastic.

Back