1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would never sell my figs before the new one is released. IMHO, other then the Predators, the remakes don't always come out being "better". And if they are, it's been marginal at best. The DC Mark III comes to mind.

I would never sell my figs before the new one is released. IMHO, other then the Predators, the remakes don't always come out being "better". And if they are, it's been marginal at best. The DC Mark III comes to mind.

The Predators IMO were way ahead compared with what HT has to offer nowadays.

I'm never selling my original Mk I War Machine. I may add this one to my collection, but the first one goes to the grave with me :rip :lol

I will get this just because i do not have a proper movie MK1 WM. I have the grey and white version that i will never sell.

If they at least improve the Cheadle sculpt it'll be worth it...and the DC MKIII is a lot better than the original it just failed to meet some people's expectations. Can't comment on Predators though so I'll take your word for it.

A minute of silence for those owners of the original one that's now valued at $50.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never get these posts. Unless someone is expressly purchasing figures to flip and was rubbing it in everyone's faces why celebrate when a collectible goes down in value? For some people there is simply comfort in knowing they can sell if they run into financial difficulties. For others it's a little bit of a bummer, but these things happen all the time. I'm probably going to sell my War Machine which I got a retail because I prefer diecast to plastic and I don't need two of the same. I don't know where the market value stands right now but if I only get $150-$200 for it, I'm not going to lose any sleep. I sold my MKV years ago because I just thought it was too skinny, so hope there is a bulkier diecast coming up. I know HT will invariably release a diecast II, VI and VII, so I could gamble and sell now while the market is higher or wait and see, in which case, yes I would lose that opportunity. But again I would not lose any sleep. I do wish HT would offer a diecast Hulkbuster as I've been holding off on that. I would pay the extra $300-$400 for it. My fear is I'll buy the plastic version and a diecast will be announced. I am looking forward to the new War Machine version.

Was WM modified from the MK2? I don't see any parts from the MK2 on it's body. Can anyone enlighten me? :slap

I never get these posts. Unless someone is expressly purchasing figures to flip and was rubbing it in everyone's faces why celebrate when a collectible goes down in value? For some people there is simply comfort in knowing they can sell if they run into financial difficulties. For others it's a little bit of a bummer, but these things happen all the time. I'm probably going to sell my War Machine which I got a retail because I prefer diecast to plastic and I don't need two of the same. I don't know where the market value stands right now but if I only get $150-$200 for it, I'm not going to lose any sleep. I sold my MKV years ago because I just thought it was too skinny, so hope there is a bulkier diecast coming up. I know HT will invariably release a diecast II, VI and VII, so I could gamble and sell now while the market is higher or wait and see, in which case, yes I would lose that opportunity. But again I would not lose any sleep. I do wish HT would offer a diecast Hulkbuster as I've been holding off on that. I would pay the extra $300-$400 for it. My fear is I'll buy the plastic version and a diecast will be announced. I am looking forward to the new War Machine version.

Doubt the price will drop by much, It is still a nice piece. i have all the DC IM that hot toys has released so far and they are great but right now my favorites in my collection are still the plastic ones.

It wouldn't be any better. Just heavier. That's worth 400 bucks? If so I'll add some lead or pot metal to one and sell it to u for an extra 275. Be exactly the same as a diecast version.

I picked-up the Special Version back in the day (and won't be selling -- love the colour scheme). I always figured if the regular gunmetal Mark I were re-released in diecast that I'd buy it. Not 100% sold but if they've added lots of nice detail, I'm pretty sure I'll bite. Then I'm just waiting on Mark IV. Really glad I passed on III and held off, as it seems inevitable now that we will get a IV PO in time.

If they at least improve the Cheadle sculpt it'll be worth it...and the DC MKIII is a lot better than the original it just failed to meet some people's expectations. Can't comment on Predators though so I'll take your word for it.

To each his own. I personally can't see the up tick in price being worth it for a better sculpt. As far as the MkIII, it was not a complete failure like some may think but I also can't say it's any more than marginally "better". It's heavy. Check. The color isn't movie accurate. Uncheck. It can do the power pose. Check. It took a step backwards on articulation. Uncheck.

Point being, I don't think either is the quintessential MkIII. That figure lies somewhere in between the two, which HTs ain't made yet.

Even the Preds tripped up on the 2.0s. City Pred had the new great body sculpt but the portrait was less movie accurate than the original. Again, the best representation lies somewhere between the two.

That being said, make sure this 2.0 is indeed worth the extra coin and is truly better than what you might be holding onto now. HTs has a way of going back to the well but not exactly coming back with fresh water.

So, you agree that other than weight, diecast adds absolutely nothing to how a toy looks?

I'd actually go so far as to say it subtracts. To those who own Robocop, take a look at the die cast pieces on the body. The panel lines are noticeably less crisp. To compare like with like, look at both guns....

A minute of silence for those owners of the original one that's now valued at $50.

They should take it as a salutory lesson on only buying what you truly enjoy, that way you don't care what some nominal "value" is. HT could re-release every "rare" figure I own, not a single crap would be given.

If AoU Cap & Black Widow are indicators then you're looking at it

hj8hQxC.jpg

That I will be more than happy with, unlike most of the others Rhodey I dont think needs much work from the IM3/AoU sculpt and could be included with either the IM2 or CW version. I would much rather see a different expression on Widow and Stark (a helmetless sculpt on the CW Mk46 based on leaked screenshots maybe) than them mess with Rhodey as he looks good.

Does anyone honestly believe HT is going to include both a Rhodey sculpt AND BD parts in this release?

Probably not, least not to the extent most people are hoping for, I think at most would be a damaged chest piece like the Mk33.

I think the MkIII is a great figure in comparison to the original, ok yes I don't own any of the suit models before Python/Silver Centurion and yes the lack of articulation could be an issue to some people but I loved unboxing my MkIII which admittedly could be put down to nostalgic love for the film and not just the figure.

Can not wait to see more pictures of this, going to be an exciting couple of days / week with this and Phasma being revealed (that is unless they leave us hanging on the tease!)

Can't wait for this to go up for pre-order. Definite buy from me even though I know the price is gonna be pretty high.

When I lived in London a few years back, I'd pass Forbidden Planet and see the original HT War Machine in the glass cabinets there. They wanted some absurd price like £320 for it. That was the first time I'd ever seen a HT figure in the flesh, out of the box like that. Being a student at the time there was no way I could afford such a thing.

In some respects I'm very tempted to pick up the original version if the aftermarket flatlines, I've come to prefer the all-plastic figures to the diecast ones.

Why do they tease the tease? This is just a completely unknown time of teasing that will turn into 8-12 months of a basically known tease time.

Back